Kitey to the Panthers 2014

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Gutted, he is a man I never want to see in anything other than maroon and white, 1 of the unsung heroes of the club

ifernolan said:
3 grand finals and 2 premierships, he can go play for souffs all i care, true manly legend.

hopefully we send him out with another this year.
I wish Kitey another Premiership in 2013, he and Matai are on fire:angel:

G Rose needs to go this year as his attitude is mirroring that of the Sloth:mad:

At least we get to say a proper goodbye :angel:
What a wonderful quote by Kitey:

“We don’t have a ‘Big Three’, we have a ‘Big Team,’ and I’m proud to be part of all the success we’ve had.

http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news-display/Kites-final-season-for-the-Sea-Eagles/70785

George is never anything much until after Easter & Anzac Day when the real footy weather starts. George is a genuine front rower.

Kiwi Eagle said:
Gutted, he is a man I never want to see in anything other than maroon and white, 1 of the unsung heroes of the club

Same here KE. I can't comment on the decision but had hoped he would see out his playing days with us, and then maybe the UK.

EagleFromMay1967 said:
Praps, as a result of this, we get to develop George R a bit further, and this won't break the bank either.

No but he'll probably break the scales.

With something like 21 players off contract next season there will be a few more changes.

We dont do rebuilds anymore, we just do changeovers.

RL Gronk said:
There were two names
Kite and Aaron woods.
Isn't balmain north of the river.

Balmain is north of a few rivers, including the Murray, Shoalhaven, Georges and Cooks, however it is a peninsula jutting out from the southern bank of Sydney Harbour.

There's only one club north of the parramatta river, and that's us, unless you count Newcastle, GC, Brisbane and NQ

They are clearly trying to change the culture at the club - he is a pretty good guy to have considering the buzz around their young players etc

lsz said:
They are clearly trying to change the culture at the club - he is a pretty good guy to have considering the buzz around their young players etc

I agree. But let's wait to see if its true.

If it is watch gus he will make a short press release and leave it like that, he is really respectful when it comes to mid season signings. Others (Todd Greenturd) could learn a lot from Phil Gould.

lsz said:

I'd agree, much like when BK came to us in 2005, at the end of his career but with a great attitude. Brent would do wonders to the culture out there, a real leader that they lack so badly at present.

I would have loved him to see out his days with us, but gee you can't be angry that he's just doing what's best for himself and his family in the last contract he's have (if it's all true).

You'll never hear me say a bad word about the guy, even if he does sign elsewhere, just a real clubman.

And those of us that went to WCC last year won't forget attending a training session and after all the players had left to go to the warm sheds who was there kicking the footy around and chatting to the fans for half an hour longer??

No need to guess.....Kitey!!

Very sad if true, Kite has been going great guns for us this year and like everyone else would have loved to see him end his career in our team colours.

What ever happens I won't begrudge him and wish him the best, if true I hope the team sends him out with another grand final win.

Gus did wrap Kite deluxe in the Broncos game. What he said was valid, but with this news, it does have a different connotation as to why.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6