Kitey to the Panthers 2014

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Announced as the way it should be. No cloak and dagger BS. Good luck Brent and hope we can send you out with another premiership ring.

• 👍
Reactions: Dan
What are the odds of him being club captain, a great get for the Panthers.
He's the sort of player every club needs and you always hear Gus banging on about being a good person first and foremost and then being a good footballer - they've got both.
His service to our club will never been forgotten.
I wonder if he'll stay at Joe's house after training?

It's always sad to see one of your core players leave and Brent was certainly one of them. He's played many fine games for Manly but none better than the Clive Churchill medal winning performance in the 2008 grand final.

Good luck at the Panthers.

Will leave as on good terms,and hopefully with a 3rd premiership ring to remind him of the good times.Will be good buy for pamffas,and hope he goes well there...although I do hope we give 'em a flogging each time we play them.Good luck,but lets not forget the job at hand.

Good luck Kitey, you will always be remembered for your contribution to the 08 and 11 winning teams. Lets try for one more in 13 to send you out as the winner that you are.

Damn ... Leaving us at least two years too early, but if its true, best wishes!

Was only last week that I was reminding the faithful that he has been our best forward since the beginning of LAST year!

If anything, this news boosts our chances in 2013 ... He has never looked this fit!

mickqld said:
Announced as the way it should be. No cloak and dagger BS. Good luck Brent and hope we can send you out with another premiership ring.

This on the Panthers website, I was curious okay!
Just goes to show the difference in club management, especially the last sentence. Whether you like Gus or not, at least he knows what footy is all about to the fans.
They did forget to mention two Premierships including a Churchill Medal though in his CV.

Tooves's comments on our site are all class too.

The Penrith Panthers are pleased to confirm that Brent Kite is set to join the club for NRL seasons 2014 and 2015. Brent comes to the Panthers from the Manly Sea Eagles.

Penrith Panthers General Manager Football Phil Moss said: “Brent will certainly add depth to the Panthers forward pack.

"He will bring a wealth of experience, having played 14 tests for Australia, 10 games in the Blues Origin jersey, as well as Tri-Nations and two World Cup matches for Tonga.

"We very much look forward to welcoming Brent to Penrith next year.”

Out of respect for Manly and Brent, the Panthers will make no further comment at this time

Will be sad to see him go but hopefully his best years are over

At least when he plays Manly anyway. :p

Good Luck Kitey.

One of our greatest ever forwards. Des Hasler's first signing and what a signing it was. Lets make it 3 GF wins for Kitey.

Yep, end of an era. Sad to see the big fella leave us, but I do wish him well.

Thinking of when he joined us, prompted an old faded memory of this forum where Kites early poor form was debated & bagged. Arguments over him in the 2nd row v prop etc etc.

Memories..........................

Thanks for the memories Kitey, make sure you create plenty more this season.

Loved his tongue in cheek comment when thanking the Manly club, fans & family.... "even old Dessie for getting me here". :)

Jatz Crackers said:

Thinking of when he joined us, prompted an old faded memory of this forum where Kites early poor form was debated & bagged. Arguments over him in the 2nd row v prop etc etc.

Same as that "fat, useless, over rated piece of ****" we signed that started off playing 5/8 for us

Mals said:
Thanks for the memories Kitey, make sure you create plenty more this season.

Loved his tongue in cheek comment when thanking the Manly club, fans & family.... "even old Dessie for getting me here". :)

hahahahahahah. Priceless.

Jatz Crackers said:

You're right there Jatz, I remember some similar banter at an Origin match halfway through his first year.

My views now are the same as then - You can only judge the player's worth of his contract at the end of it.
He's contributed significantly to three GF's with two Premierships.
The signings of Kite and BK were the first pieces of the rebuilding of our club and look where we are now.

It's funny those arguments over him in the 2nd row v prop considering he started off as a centre at the Raiders.

StuBoot said:
It's funny those arguments over him in the 2nd row v prop considering he started off as a centre at the Raiders.

Hopefully the Panthers will put him back in the centres. No hard feelings but I don't want to see him carving up teams at prop for the Panthers!!

bones said:
simon64 said:
I wish him all the best. He has busted a gut for us for over a decade.

Not quite. This is is 9th year.

Good Luck Kitey and thanks for a great 9 years.

Yes but he did over a decade's work in his 9 years.....unlike some other pretender who did 4 weeks work while he was here.

Right again as usual Bones.

Kiwi Eagle said:
Jatz Crackers said:

Same as that "fat, useless, over rated piece of s**t" we signed that started off playing 5/8 for us

And the overrated Kiwi who rushes up too much in defence and offers nothing in attack and is miles behind Ashley Alberts.

"Why isn't Ash Alberts in Matai's spot"

Clowns.

A great player for the club and a great person to boot, will be sadly missed. It's a shame he has to finish his career playing for another club; I will always have a soft spot for him; one of my all time favourites.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4