Kyle Flanagan: Journos can't decide which fib to print.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yep, he was showing good potential - had a few defence issues early but really worked hard on them. My understanding is that he went to GC for family reasons. Is that right?
Yep lismore boy I think and was homesick. Seems happy on the gc now

I guess my concern is, it just adds further disruption coz the chopping and changing does not give anyone time to fit in properly. Actually, the real thing p*ssing me off is not having Shu, Tom and Koula on the field fit and firing and we have to read about all this cr*p instead. I spose I'm just over it all.
Getting very difficult to continue supporting a certain bunch of entitled players who as Wayne Bennett described in general come from a generation of complaining and sooking about everything that doesn't go their way or fit in with their ideas.

Johns apparently didn’t play well last night (I saw the bulk of the first half) but he is not going to shine if his forwards aren’t laying a platform.

He went ok in the pre-season when they were laying the platform.
Define well I suppose? I don't think he played bad so to speak. He just doesn't really add anything. For mine, he played just as well as he does any other time he has ran out for us. What you see is what u get with Cooper. He played well in the trials but this is why you can't read into trial form. I still think Cooper is a liability in defence also. Flanagan may be no superstar but am upgrade imo

Yep, he was showing good potential - had a few defence issues early but really worked hard on them. My understanding is that he went to GC for family reasons. Is that right?
Agree and I didn't like losing Kelly but understood he was homesick. As they say, family comes first... I recall talking to his mum one day when he was at Manly and she'd come down from Ballina to watch him play. He seems happy at the GC now, so good on him.

Johns is so bad i tipped GC tonight as soon as i saw him in the team !
How did we sign him in the first place? another favor !
Johns, Woods, Flanagan - Go Seibold
I think those names you mention are reflective of our salary cap position. Seibold doesn’t have much room to move at this stage.

Des had two years out of four where the side made finals. He came within a whisker of a qualifying final without Turbo, only to be robbed with the Jake "holding back a player" call against the Bunnies. He also finished top four two years ago, and last year was a rainbow coloured catastrophe. Toovey made a GF and finished ninth with a severely hampered squad. Forced to carry Brett and Matai in the cap when they were done. Barrett was called in as a saviour because it is a results driven business, and we all know how that ended. Siebolds appointment and Dessie's sacking has the same stink about it. I hope I'm wrong.

Flanagan’s Bulldogs future to hinge on potential player swap with Manly​

Kyle Flanagan’s immediate future at the Bulldogs could potentially hinge on whether the Sea Eagles would be willing to entertain a player swap to help Cameron Ciraldo’s side overcome a crippling injury toll.

Flanagan, who played his first NSW Cup game of the year at hooker on Sunday, remains in limbo with Manly registering an interest in bringing the 24-year-old to the club, where his father Shane is an assistant to Anthony Seibold.

But sources speaking on the condition of anonymity due to the confidential nature of the talks said the Bulldogs have no immediate desire to release Flanagan.

Yet given their horrendous injury toll, which saw the club ask the NRL for an exemption so Harrison Edwards could start at prop against the Dragons in Wollongong, Canterbury have discussed the prospect of asking Manly for a forward if they eventually released Flanagan

Cameron Ciraldo’s side is without forwards Viliame Kikau, Luke Thompson, Max King, Franklin Pele and Chris Patolo, who are all long-term absentees. Backs Josh Addo-Carr and Jacob Kiraz have also missed significant time in recent weeks.

The Sea Eagles have already demonstrated a willingness to undertake a player swap this year, bringing in veteran prop Aaron Woods and sending young forwards Viliami Fifita and Alec Tuitavake to St George Illawarra

Manly’s interest in Flanagan has increased with concerns about Josh Schuster’s fitness, while they’re not expecting captain Daly Cherry-Evans to back up after any of the State of Origin matches.

Flanagan adjusted to his new role at hooker in the NSW Cup with ease, and was used briefly in the position in the NRL a fortnight ago when Reed Mahoney was given a short break.

Kyle Flanagan’s immediate future at the Bulldogs could potentially hinge on whether the Sea Eagles would be willing to entertain a player swap to help Cameron Ciraldo’s side overcome a crippling injury toll.

Flanagan, who played his first NSW Cup game of the year at hooker on Sunday, remains in limbo with Manly registering an interest in bringing the 24-year-old to the club, where his father Shane is an assistant to Anthony Seibold.

But sources speaking on the condition of anonymity due to the confidential nature of the talks said the Bulldogs have no immediate desire to release Flanagan.

Yet given their horrendous injury toll, which saw the club ask the NRL for an exemption so Harrison Edwards could start at prop against the Dragons in Wollongong, Canterbury have discussed the prospect of asking Manly for a forward if they eventually released Flanagan

Cameron Ciraldo’s side is without forwards Viliame Kikau, Luke Thompson, Max King, Franklin Pele and Chris Patolo, who are all long-term absentees. Backs Josh Addo-Carr and Jacob Kiraz have also missed significant time in recent weeks.

The Sea Eagles have already demonstrated a willingness to undertake a player swap this year, bringing in veteran prop Aaron Woods and sending young forwards Viliami Fifita and Alec Tuitavake to St George Illawarra

Manly’s interest in Flanagan has increased with concerns about Josh Schuster’s fitness, while they’re not expecting captain Daly Cherry-Evans to back up after any of the State of Origin matches.

Flanagan adjusted to his new role at hooker in the NSW Cup with ease, and was used briefly in the position in the NRL a fortnight ago when Reed Mahoney was given a short break.
They want a forward? Give them Woods.🙂

He may actually be a half decent hooker as he is a good defender and pretty tough. But my dear old mum always said dont trust anyone with their eyes too close together.

Des had two years out of four where the side made finals. He came within a whisker of a qualifying final without Turbo, only to be robbed with the Jake "holding back a player" call against the Bunnies. He also finished top four two years ago, and last year was a rainbow coloured catastrophe. Toovey made a GF and finished ninth with a severely hampered squad. Forced to carry Brett and Matai in the cap when they were done. Barrett was called in as a saviour because it is a results driven business, and we all know how that ended. Siebolds appointment and Dessie's sacking has the same stink about it. I hope I'm wrong.
And yet the penn family are still here.

you are right this looks To me tbaz all over again

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7