Latest rumoured signings

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kalvin

Bencher
Hi guys,

Was watching nrl full time tonight and the word is that T Burgess is all but signed (have heard this on a few different vines) and that we are also going hard after Maloney...

I think Tom will be a good starting point to get some size back in our pack... As for Maloney - I don't think he would leave the roosters - but if We did somehow snare him - he'd be a handy signing as I'm sure he'd help build player morale up again within the playing group with his personality and he can also kick goals... We could do a lot worse....

Does anyone in the know have any insights on the above?

Burgess will be a good signing.

Maloney? Depends what the offer is. It would have to be good for him and bad for Manly to are him from the Roosters I'd imagine. I'm not sure he is the answer but he is a consistent performer. Not the game breaker that warrants a huge Pacheco, I'd think of him similar to Orford.

My post wasn't a negative one just pay him what he is worth not what it takes to get him here from a club he'd prefer to be at. Orford was fantastic for Manly.
Would of been for Canberra also if they didn't need a scapegoat at the time.

Rather than taing Maloney, we should be looking ant the kids roosters have to replace him. Clubs only let players go when they have a succession plan. The roosters would be happy for us to overpay to take Maloney, and then unearth another youngster. Samisoni Langi and latrell Mitchell are players we should be after. Maloney has good elements in his game but is quite limited, he is also in the back end of his career. We need someone who is not only going to lead, but grow with the youngsters andournew look squad.

Rather than taing Maloney, we should be looking ant the kids roosters have to replace him. Clubs only let players go when they have a succession plan. The roosters would be happy for us to overpay to take Maloney, and then unearth another youngster. Samisoni Langi and latrell Mitchell are players we should be after. Maloney has good elements in his game but is quite limited, he is also in the back end of his career. We need someone who is not only going to lead, but grow with the youngsters andournew look squad.

I agree with this approach. We are not Parramatta.

I don't think the Chooks will fight that hard to keep Maloney. They really like Hastings.

There are elements of Maloney's game I really like, but I wouldn't say he is an organising type half so it still makes the choice of his halves partner really important.

The papers are reporting that we have offered Tom Burgess $500k a season.

Not worth that much especially a prop. Looks like the fabulous kelly is now going to pay overs to but players.

In todays market, T Burgess is definitely worth 500k

Looks like our plan is

Burgess
Myles
Elgey
Mcinnes
Maloney/Sezer

And if they pulked the above off I'd be pretty damm happy

Not worth that much especially a prop. Looks like the fabulous kelly is now going to pay overs to but players.
I'm confused. people on here are saying that our million dollar halves don't perform because We have no big forwards. Doesn't that imply that we should get good forwards and crappy halves?

Burgess is a "must sign" in my opinion.

Quality go forward is what we need.

And we need to be seen in the market to be able to attract quality players, in order to attract other quality players.

I'd say he's definitely worth 500k. The salary cap is 7 million. what's he worth then?

I wouldn't mind if we went after Shaun Johnson but I think he is tied up until 2017. He would be the type of player that you could build a team around.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8