Liam Knight

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I hate to see Liam go, but in all honesty, where would he have fit in the line up? The starting props with be lussick and myles ( I don't think he should, but let's face it, he will) with the back row tapow, buhrer and Jake, that leaves brown afb meehan winterstein api Jamil hoppa to fit in to four spots

I hate to see Liam go, but in all honesty, where would he have fit in the line up? The starting props with be lussick and myles ( I don't think he should, but let's face it, he will) with the back row tapow, buhrer and Jake, that leaves brown afb meehan winterstein api Jamil hoppa to fit in to four spots

You're assuming not one of those players will be injured, suspended or covering other positions at some point in 2017. Winterstein played the last 2 games at centre, Brown was there more than half the season. For the record I think we used more than 30 players this year.

Nonetheless I hope Liam does well at the Roosters.

Two seasons ago Knight and Tom Turbo were the best two players in Manly's Under 20's which reached the grand final. Both showed enormous potential. Turbo was fast-tracked but Knight had an early injury and then was forced to play in our NSW Cup team - the footballing equivalent of The Bermuda Triangle where players disappear. From what I saw of Knight in 2015 he is exactly the type of forward our club needs. I will be amazed if he doesn't become a leading player for Easts next season, which will send daggers into the hearts of every Manly fan - especially if we have to watch Poo and Plod representing us again knowing what could have been.

I hope for his sake he makes it because there are plenty of NYC guns that are gone two years later, we can't keep them all and yes some slip through the net.

From that same team Demetriou was a revelation and made the NYC team of the year but has since disappeared into the abyss.
Didn't he have some off field issues too?

I thought Luke Garner was destined for good things - he reminded me of a mix between Beaver and Daniel Gartner - and I think the chooks are stockpiling him also.
Anyone know what happened to him this year?

Apologies for being specific but this is thread is called "Liam Knight" and people are up in arms over us letting him go.

So using Knight as an example, I can't see him going to the chooks in the 2nd tier cap as that is only $460k. He'd surely be in the top 25 with a view to playing 1st grade and wanting 1st grade money when so far he's done jack, in fact he's more well known as the Aerogard Kid than the next big thing.
If the chooks want to pay overs for potential then good luck to them

Then I'll put it this way if you must be pedantic. SC have been after Knight for the past 2 years. He was a junior then. Manly merely developed him further before they could get their hands on him. But they had wanted him from early on. That's what SC do.

They dont have to pay through the bag for juniors Fluffy because that doesnt come under the salary cap. Only the top 25 count. So you bring them up slowly as the need arises but pay a fortune to get them there

no bags come under the salary cap, thats the point.

Ask the eels

no bags come under the salary cap, thats the point.

Ask the eels

I seem to be missing the point here. SC has almost no juniors. So they import. And doing that they dont just import dross. They import cream. But they obviously play their allowances carefully by only keeping the kids that they think are worth keeping. Those then move to higher grades. Manly also import juniors but far fewer. And in recent times it seems they show impatience with how players are going. They arent prepared to stick with them long enough to see if they have the goods. SC are much better at it.

Check out how frequently SC 20s and junior sides make finals. And this with a team that has very little in juniors. They select carefully and given they are getting the cream, they have a larger stock to choose from. Manly rarely gets into the finals in junior comps and usually has only a few who stand out. Recently letting several of those kids go is contrary to what they were doing before. The kids were protected and offered time and money to stick around. That seems to have been forgotten

Yep roosters buy comps - that was the point but how they do it has been questioned many times. There have been brown paper bag rumours for years, I recall JWH turned up to his first day training after leaving us in a brand new Audi - no way could he afford that even on their high at the time 200=250K per year given he had just 1 weeks pays in the bank

Not saying this will happen to Knight, but the Chooks have a habit of acquiring our players, chewing them up, and spitting them out.

+ Michael Oldfield (now with Bunnies)
+ Jack Elsegood (went to ute racing)
+ Lama Tasi (ended up in the UK)
+ Heath Le'Strange (went back but became glued in reggies)
+ Fatty Vautan

Yep roosters buy comps - that was the point but how they do it has been questioned many times. There have been brown paper bag rumours for years, I recall JWH turned up to his first day training after leaving us in a brand new Audi - no way could he afford that even on their high at the time 200=250K per year given he had just 1 weeks pays in the bank

Maybe JWH was just very careful with his housekeeping money.

I hope for his sake he makes it because there are plenty of NYC guns that are gone two years later, we can't keep them all and yes some slip through the net.

From that same team Demetriou was a revelation and made the NYC team of the year but has since disappeared into the abyss.
Didn't he have some off field issues too?

I thought Luke Garner was destined for good things - he reminded me of a mix between Beaver and Daniel Gartner - and I think the chooks are stockpiling him also.
Anyone know what happened to him this year?

at wyong roos

I wouldn't be too worried about Knight being released, knew some people who hung around him back in the day and he really just isn't the brightest spark, the whole Aeroguard thing was funny but not surprising to me at all considering the **** I've heard, no disrespect to the bloke. I think Willis Meehan and Kane Evans if we can snare him will be better long term options, Evans has a fantastic track record with community work which shows a real maturity IMO, it's a shame he hangs around with the Hillsong cult though...

http://www.roosters.com.au/news/2016/08/10/ken_stephens_medal_k.html

Good luck to Knight and I hope he overcomes his challenges.

I wouldn't be too worried about Knight being released, knew some people who hung around him back in the day and he really just isn't the brightest spark, the whole Aeroguard thing was funny but not surprising to me at all considering the **** I've heard, no disrespect to the bloke. I think Willis Meehan and Kane Evans if we can snare him will be better long term options, Evans has a fantastic track record with community work which shows a real maturity IMO, it's a shame he hangs around with the Hillsong cult though...

http://www.roosters.com.au/news/2016/08/10/ken_stephens_medal_k.html

Good luck to Knight and I hope he overcomes his challenges.

Thing is Oliver, you dont need brains to play rugby league, just innate skills and a desire to succeed.

Evans has a fantastic track record with community work which shows a real maturity IMO, it's a shame he hangs around with the Hillsong cult though...
Don't knock Hillsong mate, it's what has made Jarhead Hayne the greatest footballer, actually make that athlete, on the planet. Hillsong rocks. Remember Jesus loves you.....we prefer cash, but take credit card or cheque.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10