Liam Knight

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Simply that your post draws conclusions from guesswork not fact, though you refer to (selected) facts.

Your syllogism

Knight was not signed and Hopoate was signed

Knight's reported off-field behaviour is not worse than Hopoate's

Therefore Fulton is playing favourites (again!)

I think you have left out a few variables which could have been, if not investigated, at least acknowledged as possible alternative explanations, before publishing your findings...
One of the more obvious reasons would be that Jamil is a centre/lock and Knight is a front rower. As a guess that would remove their comparative sizes as a determining factor.
One of the more obvious reasons would be that Jamil is a centre/lock and Knight is a front rower. As a guess that would remove their comparative sizes as a determining factor.
jamil isn't a centre where did you get that from? He plays second row or lock . Mainly lock which means prop basically . Hopefully he can turn into a centre is what most are saying.

jamil isn't a centre where did you get that from? He plays second row or lock . Mainly lock which means prop basically . Hopefully he can turn into a centre is what most are saying.

Barrett was going to use him as a centre late in the year but found the NRL would not allow him to play. He's obviously got an idea that Jamil could be used there if not in the forwards.

• 📚
Reactions: Rex
It would be nice to know the reason he was sacked.
Was it:
Because he wasn't regarded as a first grade footballer?
We couldn't afford him?
His off-field behaviour was against the Manly 'culture'?
None of these reasons holds any water for me. I have no inside knowledge, and welcome any credible information.
Having watched Liam play in 2015 I had him tipped as a future international.
His unexplained sacking is another reason why I'm so disillusioned with the club's current administration.

• 👍
Reactions: R3
His unexplained sacking is another reason why I'm so disillusioned with the club's current administration
I’m not even sure if it was a sacking. Especially noting the posts immediately above.

Not to mention this from the horse’s dad’s mouth (sort of)
at the end of the day as I say it was a mutual decision in a lot of ways,

We can probably put this one down to the Joke Kelly. He was out of his depth at that stage, they trumped our one year contract with a three year after ours finished.

Those Roorters know how to get business done. Pick em young, mediocre contract by NRL standards, but massive coin just after 20's, long term. He will be playing for peanuts compared to what he could be earning in 12 months time.

But if he still had one year to run on his contract, why let him go? The Rorters could offer him whatever they liked, but he was still contracted to Manly.
Did the Rorters pay Manly to release him?

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8