[Resurrected] Lol @ Parra

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The latest coming from the club is that all will be sweet. This distraction was sorted weeks ago, and to give the club further insurance that we'll be well under the cap, Pauli Pauli was released to Newcastle.

NB. You guys are absolutely obsessed with the Eels, talking about us at every opportunity.

* We have the bigger fan base.

* Our crowd averages are better.

* 32000 seat world class stadium in development.

* Brooky a walking disaster.

* We are self sufficient with a thriving leagues club & 20k+ members.

* Without Penn, you'll fold just like the bears. Or be an NRL run ruin.

* Manly haven't had success against Parra since 2013.

* You'll fold and amalgamate with the Tigers. That's the word coming from the NRL.

And all this dribble you just posted you would swap for our success and culture in a heartbeat ......keep dreaming

Dear Lord-just seen some footage of Choc at Parra training!!!
He is history, walking with a limp and looking far from fit. Reap what you see Choc

Jarryd Hayne's $75,000 TPA the latest Parramatta Eels contract to pique interest of NRL

A $75,000 third-party arrangement for former Parramatta superstar Jarryd Hayne is believed to form part of an NRL probe into the club's salary cap and corporate governance practices.

As reported by Fairfax Media, the governing body is investigating whether the Eels fully disclose... The issue relates to an alleged failure to properly declare that Watmough's sponsor, ScoreCube, is a wholly owned subsidiary of BlackCitrus, a company that provides a number of IT services to the blue and golds.

It has emerged that ScoreCube also sponsored Hayne to become an "ambassador" in a transaction likely to pique the interest of auditors at Rugby League Central.

The NRL approved both TPAs at the time, but it's understood head office is investigating whether the club properly disclosed any potential conflicts of interest. Salary cap rules forbid firms in commercial relationships with the clubs serving as a TPA sponsor and the onus is on officials to provide full disclosure.

Parramatta declined to comment about the TPAs but provided a statement to members from CEO John Boulous on Wednesday afternoon following the revelations by Fairfax Media.

"Further to media reports this morning, I wish to advise our members that the club is currently working closely with the NRL across a range of matters in respect to our governance and annual salary cap reviews," Boulous said.

"It's disappointing that this matter has been raised publicly in this way and I want to assure our members that once the ongoing review process is completed we will inform all our members and fans."

Hayne mentioned ScoreCube in a social media posting on 2014, while the ScoreCube facebook page mentioned his ambassadorial role in a reference on October 15 of his final NRL season.

"Our ScoreCube Ambassador Jarryd Hayne has announced he will be leaving the NRL. You will be sorely missed by the ‪#‎NRL‬ and the Australian community … Keep track of Jarryd in the NFL on ScoreCube."

It is understood ScoreCube was sponsoring Hayne and Watmough at the same time that BlackCitrus was providing a range of IT services to Parramatta. There is no suggestions of any wrongdoing by BlackCitrus, Hayne, Watmough or their management agencies.

"All agreements between BlackCitrus and past or present NRL players have been met with approval from all necessary stakeholders, including the NRL," BlackCitrus CEO Stephen Moss said.

The Eels are already on notice after overspending on all four salary caps in 2014. One of the breaches related to the payment of a $15,571 flight for Hayne to travel to Seattle as part of a club study tour. The NRL fined the club $465,000 and threatened to strip them of four competition points for the start of the upcoming season if didn't implement a number of governance reforms by February 29.

Despite switching to the NFL with a year to run on his Parramatta contract, Hayne was paid $52,000 last year to promote the Eels during his cross-code odyssey.

Should the NRL deduct four points from the club for salary cap or governance breaches, it will be a huge blow to their chances of making their first playoffs appearance since 2009.
Let's all Lol @ Parra once more

So let me get this straight ...

Watmough was enticed away from Manly on what appears to be an illegal TPA. Hoppa was also enticed away on a promise of a TPA that was not delivered.

If Manly were unable to retain these players, because of these arrangements, then surely we are the party that should be recompensed. No other club has suffered other than Manly because of their illegal, spiteful, envious and predatory behaviour.

What's next? Reports that Foran was enticed away on illegitimate TPA's?

There is no fairness in an outcome that the NRL receives payment of a fine from the Eels. There is also no fairness if all teams benefit with the Eels starting on minus 4 points.

The only fair result is that the Eels salary cap reduces to fund an increase to our salary cap. We are the injured party and we alone should be recompensed.

If I were part of Parra I would just say "hands up, we didnt realise, it was an honest mistake but we understand it is a breach and accept the punishment of the NRL salary cap commission"

Otherwise the investigation will just dig deeper and deeper and the way I see it, no club is that clean skinned that they could withstand a detailed deep digging investigation

Watmough was enticed away from Manly on what appears to be an illegal TPA. Hoppa was also enticed away on a promise of a TPA that was not delivered.

If Manly were unable to retain these players, because of these arrangements, then surely we are the party that should be recompensed. No other club has suffered other than Manly because of their illegal, spiteful, envious and predatory behaviour.

There is no fairness in an outcome that the NRL receives payment of a fine from the Eels. There is also no fairness if all teams benefit with the Eels starting on minus 4 points.

The only fair result is that the Eels salary cap reduces to fund an increase to our salary cap. We are the injured party and we alone should be recompensed.

Well in fairness we did get the benefit of offloading Watmough

Well in fairness we did get the benefit of offloading Watmough

True, the Eels got a raw deal, and we didn't have to pay over the odds for an over the hill player ... but .... the NRL have essentially made the case for us that the Eels behaviour was illegitimately predatory ... And if we were the victims, we should be recompensed.

Fanciful, I khow ... Not holding my breath that the NRL will agree with my point of view.

How many times have we said it on here.....

Parra-doesn't-matta, the club that just keeps on giving lol.

Despite switching to the NFL with a year to run on his Parramatta contract, Hayne was paid $52,000 last year to promote the Eels during his cross-code odyssey.
This is hilarious!
He is no longer playing for the club and they pay him to 'promote' the club. I dont recall him doing much promoting of them while he was focusing on his NFL career last year...they are constantly in the news as a basket case of a club anyway - free promotion.
This surely couldnt be legit, it has to be some kind of kickback or brown paper bag thing

• 🤝
Reactions: Rex

I think we should get the four points back from the two Paramatta losses, thus consigning Parra to the wooden spoon and having us in the eight at the end of last year.
Then, instead of the trials, replay the finals series with Manly in it. If we get started now we can get all the games in before round 1.
Plus, use the current squads. Its not our fault the finals series was delayed due to illegitimacy.
NYEagle

I love their enthusiasm...

Stupid autocorrect keeps giving me enthusiasm instead of delusional lol!!

Siri must be a parramatta fan!

There is no doubt that the governance of the NRL has been negligent as they have allowed this club to recruit players illegally and not enforced the cap that is supposed to protect the clubs. I think a 4 point fine will be telling but I doubt the NRL have the guts to do it as they want the worms in the finals.

For a club that has spend years and years hating our existence and so envious of our success, they just want to try and procure our culture and sign some of our disgruntled ex players in the process.

The measure of success tells you that they are still in the dark ages and to be honest they have been a basket case for too many years.

I agree, the NRL will not dock the slimey eels any points as I believe they are the next club the NRL would like to succeed.

Starting them on -4 would mean a possible drop off in the supporters from the outset.

They have rorted the cap continually and every few weeks there seems to be a new issue with what they've done with their cap all the while signing more and more big money players.

Just as well they released Pauli Pauli to make room for them all!

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2