[Resurrected] Lol @ Parra

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Parra-doesn't-matta is about to go into their 70th season of top grade football. Apart from a 10 year stretch between 1976 and 1986 where they played in 7 GF's and won 4 they have basically been a non-event in the league other than their record 14 wooden spoons. And for the past what, 30 years they have been a basket case.

They have been searching for / trying to buy replacements for Price, Cronin, Sterling, Kenny, Grothe and Ella ever since the last of them (Kenny) retired at the end of 1993 (they have also been searching for a coach to match Gibson and Monie). Even test players like Bob Lindner and Eric Grothe Jr (despite having a head start with the right name) couldn't live up to expectations. Hell, as a result of Super League they were even gifted test players like Jim Dymock, Dean Pay, Jarrod McCracken and Jason Smith and STILL couldn't do anything, even in half a competition in 1997 (which was actually their first finals appearance since 1986).

Foreign isn't a halfback, he's a 5/8 who is probably better suited to lock the way he plays. Sure he wore the #7 in 7 tests for NZ, but the reality is that other than scrum feeds it was Benji who was playing halfback for the Kiwis in those games (and they still lost 6 of those games, the only win was against a questionable quality Wales team in 2011). And behind a forward pack of geriatrics and never will be's, and without the star quality across the whole team that he has had with Manly and lately NZ, I think Speels fans are going to be disappointed in their $1.4 million man who's contract wrangles last year showed that he isn't there because he wants to be at that club, he's there because of his love for their current coach and will want out if Arthur is sacked or leaves.

Their strengths will be having a solid fullback (Gordon) who can kick goals and a good back up kicker in Gutho, probably the best winger in the NRL in Semi (I still think Ryan Hall is the best winger in the world), and Jennings who is one of the best centres going around. They have bought quality in their backs, but as we have seen with the decision to cut Pauli Pauli just to fit Jennings under the cap, they seem to have forgotten the old saying that forwards make backs look good.

I think they can actually improve this year, but a lot of things are going to need to go right for them to be genuine contenders.

But you want to know what is think is one of the saddest things? The fact that that rabble of a club has probably the best NRL stadium outside of the major venues while a much more successful club like Manly has to play at a ground which other than minor upgrades is still basically as it was when the Ken Arthurson Stand was opened in 1995.

Sorry for the long rant. Sometimes I tend to write essays o_O

i
Parra-doesn't-matta is about to go into their 70th season of top grade football. Apart from a 10 year stretch between 1976 and 1986 where they played in 7 GF's and won 4 they have basically been a non-event in the league other than their record 14 wooden spoons. And for the past what, 30 years they have been a basket case.

They have been searching for / trying to buy replacements for Price, Cronin, Sterling, Kenny, Grothe and Ella ever since the last of them (Kenny) retired at the end of 1993 (they have also been searching for a coach to match Gibson and Monie). Even test players like Bob Lindner and Eric Grothe Jr (despite having a head start with the right name) couldn't live up to expectations. Hell, as a result of Super League they were even gifted test players like Jim Dymock, Dean Pay, Jarrod McCracken and Jason Smith and STILL couldn't do anything, even in half a competition in 1997 (which was actually their first finals appearance since 1986).

Foreign isn't a halfback, he's a 5/8 who is probably better suited to lock the way he plays. Sure he wore the #7 in 7 tests for NZ, but the reality is that other than scrum feeds it was Benji who was playing halfback for the Kiwis in those games (and they still lost 6 of those games, the only win was against a questionable quality Wales team in 2011). And behind a forward pack of geriatrics and never will be's, and without the star quality across the whole team that he has had with Manly and lately NZ, I think Speels fans are going to be disappointed in their $1.4 million man who's contract wrangles last year showed that he isn't there because he wants to be at that club, he's there because of his love for their current coach and will want out if Arthur is sacked or leaves.

Their strengths will be having a solid fullback (Gordon) who can kick goals and a good back up kicker in Gutho, probably the best winger in the NRL in Semi (I still think Ryan Hall is the best winger in the world), and Jennings who is one of the best centres going around. They have bought quality in their backs, but as we have seen with the decision to cut Pauli Pauli just to fit Jennings under the cap, they seem to have forgotten the old saying that forwards make backs look good.

I think they can actually improve this year, but a lot of things are going to need to go right for them to be genuine contenders.

But you want to know what is think is one of the saddest things? The fact that that rabble of a club has probably the best NRL stadium outside of the major venues while a much more successful club like Manly has to play at a ground which other than minor upgrades is still basically as it was when the Ken Arthurson Stand was opened in 1995.

Sorry for the long rant. Sometimes I tend to write essays o_O

Nailed it, but I'm doubting @Habib eagle will see it that way

image.jpeg

It must be tough being a parra supporter chief when the club is run by absolute morons

Salary cap woes for Eels

Parramatta fans are nervous about the prospect of having to shed players – or worse still, start the season on minus-four points – following Fairfax Media's revelations about the latest contracting dramas at the club.The NRL's investigation of a series of deals – including the third-party variety to Jarryd Hayne and Anthony Watmough – has raised plenty of questions. Like the dozen or so we put to the club in writing. Such as why potential conflicts were not reported to the NRL and what will happen to the officials who sat on the information. However, long-suffering fans continue to be kept in the dark.

"As we are currently working with the NRL on the review we have no further comment to make," was the club's only response.

Read more: http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rug...bilitation-20160206-gmn9u2.html#ixzz3zQYCB8Mx

Hoppas court case could bring them unstuck in 2016.
We will bring them unstuck . I remember back in 07 we put 50 on roosters and fittler resigned as coach also same done with brian smith and ricky Stuart. Lol lol . Idiots.

I have to laugh......

I have friends who are Speels supporters (poor deluded fools) and they are on Facebook carrying on like they've just won the premiership lol

I have to laugh......

I have friends who are Speels supporters (poor deluded fools) and they are on Facebook carrying on like they've just won the premiership lol

Well to be fair its the only thing they have won in 30 years.
It be like winning the lotto after so many wooden spoons.
I think its OK for them to get excited to win the Walt Disney competition. It's not like they will get to hold the NRL trophy up anytime soon.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6