Manly in Crisis (a mega thread)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

#crisis ??

• Yes

Votes: 111 55.0%
  • No

Votes: 91 45.0%

• Total voters
Can anyone confirm

As DCE is under contract next season his contract extension is just an agreement until November 1

I see Des as man manager coach who isnt a huge tactician , has probably lost his hunger and i suspet that has something to do with working for the Penns twice. they seem to have avery KPI relationship

Gifty often said the players trust ran the training sessions and ideas and it looks as though that is the des way.
when you look at toms steely commitment to the team last season, and his desire to be the everywhere man, to change the teams fortunes, it seems to be another example of players running the tactics . Noway a team coaches give it to tom, give it to tom, but that was 2021

DCE. 8 year contract made him safe and he has played within his limitations due to the safety it gave. Not sure if he would have been a better player if he had 3 contracts in that time but its fair to say he would have tested himself more often. The best form he had this season was earlier when his contract extension was in the news. He kicked with discipline , often , positioned himself for a few weeks and then just as the ink dried ……….nah

he seems very michael Clarke in the team environment , complete with his katich and hastings moment, which is ok if your scoring hundreds but his 2 second inning tons per year against Zimbabwe, batting at 6 is getting old

if he wasnt such a media koala most many fans would see through it too, but public perception is a powerful tool,

@Mark from Brisbane a very interesting point was made by Brent Read on the Sunday footy show. The great coaches have all mentored successors. Bennett , Bellamy, Robinson have given the nrl several coaches. Des has given none. Why ? Because the guy is a narcissist. DCE is in the same class. These 2 believe they alone have all the answers, that their way is the right way. Look at the carnage Des left the Dogs in.
For DCE he lost respect back in 2012 when he pushed for salary upgrades which threw him way offside with the players who took unders to keep a premiership team together. Then the backflip fiasco sealed our fate for a decade of underachieving due to unbalanced salary cap.
Watch the way DCE plays. It's all about self preservation , reason why he's hardly ever been injured. Our right side defense has been a shambles for years. He is a good halfback but he is not a leader of men, he's not a game manager, he's not someone who'll say come with me and do the hard yards when it's needed like Munster, Cleary, Hunt, Keary, Reynolds do.
In answer to your question Yes they have both lost the respect to lead a group of young men into battle.
Great post Mick👍

if you want to get rid of Hasler and DCE... make sure you have gold quality replacements that CAN actually be signed and lured to the club!
Back flip on DCE's extended contract and invite Cust back to replace him. When Latu Fainu is ready for first grade, Cust can play a utility role. Don't renew Des beyond 2023 & entice Foran back to coach in 2024 with McEwen as his assistant.

Edited

Last edited:
I hope they look at our handling of injuries. I seem to remember that was rumoured as the reason Nathan Gibbs left us at the end of last season, that the injured were not being given time to recover.
Looked to me like we had multiple injured players named most weeks. Insanity.

Back flip on DCE's extended contract and invite Cust back to replace him. When Fainu is ready for first grade, Cust can play a utility role. Don't renew Des beyond 2023 & entice Foran back to coach in 2024 with McEwen as his assistant.
sadly Fainu wont be wearing the maroon and white again me thinks

Yeah, Nah ... somebody posted a list of football staff a while back and Dessie has a horde of people on the payroll .... thousands of support staff .. a veritable swarm ..

And here lies the rub ... my tin foil hat tells me that when Penn threw Dessie under the bus for his comments at the presser .. I said it was the opening gambit in the removal of Dessie ... then Rainbowgate with Dessie in the Dark ... then left to explain it all ... again thrown to the wolves ...

Penn doesn't like spending money ... it was the reason he fukked around and lost Des in 2011 ... and the same reason I believe he is playing ducks and geeses now ...
Not sure if your tin foil hat has enough conduction ( maybe made in a cheap factory in China with more fillers than anything else). Just seems like speculation upon speculation. 2011 was a long time ago and the Penns were not fully in charge. i.e. quantum group were decision makers as well…you know…. I guess with the off season coming early this year we will have plenty more time for speculation and making tin foil hats. PS. Hopefully you will get a way from that cheap and nasty foil :)

No team leader = no team voice.
Seems the lunatics are running the asylum.
Unfortunately I think the minorities have been left to run the show ,because the leader couldnt.

I don't get the Captain issue ,Jake will play the same with a C beside his name or not , you have leaders on the field that some players look to but they don't have to be a captain, we don't need a bunch of followers waiting for someone with a C beside their name to show them how they should be playing maybe that's our problem
Jake should be captain as he is the type who will charge into battle and demand the rest to follow

If they don't follow him then he will rip them to shreds

We need a captain with passion like Jake has

DCE is a flat track bully and is only ever about himself and only the team when it suits him

Not sure if your tin foil hat has enough conduction ( maybe made in a cheap factory in China with more fillers than anything else). Just seems like speculation upon speculation. 2011 was a long time ago and the Penns were not fully in charge. i.e. quantum group were decision makers as well…you know…. I guess with the off season coming early this year we will have plenty more time for speculation and making tin foil hats. PS. Hopefully you will get a way from that cheap and nasty foil

If you're going to introduce facts into the story ... I'm not going to play.

Awesome. The club can't even announce that it is undertaking a formal review. This news gets leaked by Zorba. This is another example of amateur hour at the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles. We are deadset ****ing hopeless.
He didn’t announce a review was underway. He merely thought certain people should come under the microscope.

‘Chinese whispers’ are alive and well in this forum.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11