MANLY v BULLDOGS Game Day Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Fair enough, as long as it softens the blow! We all have ways of dealing with lossess. When you failed a test at school I suppose it was easier to blame the teachers...

Eagleheart said:
mickqld said:
Eagleheart said:
We did not lose that game we were robbed....!

We lost it at 18- nil.

Sorry I do not agree with you mickqld, the game did not stop at 18-nil...!

At full time the score was 30-30.

And an utterly disgusting ref call in extra time, gave two competition points on a silver platter to the dog poohs......! :mad:
The game started at 18 nil - that was the problem

Moops said:
Fair enough, as long as it softens the blow! We all have ways of dealing with lossess. When you failed a test at school I suppose it was easier to blame the teachers...

Just throw stuff around the loungeroom it helps.

Jerry1 said:
Mal Cochrane said:
anyone who doesn't think Reynolds jump needs their eyes checked. Fair dinkum, Gift had his leg, fine, but he didn't lift and would never had expected in his wildest dream that Reynolds would put that performance on. At least Inglis had one leg lifted and threw the other up in the air, Reynolds just blatantly jumped.

As for manly shouldn't have won because of the first 20 minutes, well Dogs shouldn't have won for their last 20 minutes. It has always been an 80 minute game as far as i can remember.
We came up well short in the first half. That's why we lost. Dodgy calls and penalties aside they happen all the time. You don't put in you don't take out. Toovey needs to motivate these guys a bit more from the start. Playing hell for leather at the death when you are behind doesn't cut it.

We played ordinary in the first half, they played better, they played ordinary in the second and we played better. What decided it was a couple of ordinary decisions. THAT "doesn't cut it".

Technical Coach said:
Our performances are not good enough has zero to do with the refs most times we are our own worst enemies.

In saying that Reynolds dived big time but we should not have been in that position in relation to overtime if the performance was good enough.

Curse you and your balanced and reasonable approach

take all that on board TC, but what a poor effort to decide the game. The refs made poor decisions all game both ways, and continued it to the end as that last one was a doozy!

Also wouldn't have been in that position, had the video ref made the correct call, the game would have been over

I can cop the refs on the field making a few bad calls, it's the clear cut ones in the box I can't cop

Have to disagree kiwi

If we are allowed to push him that far back then the play should not finish when he is in goals

lsz said:
Have to disagree kiwi

If we are allowed to push him that far back then the play should not finish when he is in goals

If he reached out and placed the ball past the line, he would have been fine. But once the ball carrying arm hits the deck, thats it, you're tackled and can't promote

mickqld said:
Moops said:

No, I just don't think we are as good as you guys think we are. We are falling short of the top teams, just look at the last 8 weeks. We are a good, honest top eight team, nothing more, nothing less. The club needs to make decision about whether it is content to keep the old guys around and be a competitive team, or build towards another premiership. That is just my opinion. I think we are a fair way off being genuine contenders. Insult me all you want, I don't care...

Kiwi Eagle said:
Also wouldn't have been in that position, had the video ref made the correct call, the game would have been over

I can cop the refs on the field making a few bad calls, it's the clear cut ones in the box I can't cop

I agree Kiwi, piss the video ref off and go back to one ref who makes the call on the field, if he stuffs it up so be it. How can they get away with the Reynolds no try? It's bull****.

Kiwi Eagle said:
lsz said:
Have to disagree kiwi

If he reached out and placed the ball past the line, he would have been fine. But once the ball carrying arm hits the deck, thats it, you're tackled and can't promote

I thought there was momentum with him, not promoted. Either way the refing was awful

lsz said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
lsz said:
Have to disagree kiwi

I thought there was momentum with him, not promoted. Either way the refing was awful

He grounded it on the line. Anyone who knows the rules knows that is a line drop.

I understand we played poorly in the majority of the game, but the fact is the blokes dug themselves out of the ****e, and hung in there. I would've grudgingly accepted defeat if they'd slotted a field goal or try. But not the circus act. Josh Reynolds has set a new low in regards to winning at all costs.

Moops said:
mickqld said:
Moops said:

No, I just don't think we are as good as you guys think we are. We are falling short of the top teams, just look at the last 8 weeks. We are a good, honest top eight team, nothing more, nothing less. The club needs to make decision about whether it is content to keep the old guys around and be a competitive team, or build towards another premiership. That is just my opinion. I think we are a fair way off being genuine contenders. Insult me all you want, I don't care...

fair enough and to a degree i agree with you..
BUT..

we are without our main attacking weapon.. Snake..
i know he isnt everything, but tell me, how would:
bulldogs go without barba
storm go without slater
rabbitoes go without inglis?

also..

http://imgflip.com/i/1yzm4

he dived

damn, can someone embed it for me???

The Barba drop out call - clearly on the line

barba.jpg

The Reynolds "try" clearly short

reynolds.jpg

I'd be feeling hollow if our team won off that atrocious video ref decision and that bull**** penalty goal.

Dogs fans generally have no depth though and will be lapping this up.

I stand corrected

A question - if the ball is partially on the line is it considered in or out ?

Post those photos all over social media !!!...wont change the result but everyone needs to see the rort.

Why didn't Lyon kick that well last week!!!

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 3 5 -55 8