Pre-Game Manly v Bulldogs [Round 24, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

36 18
Moreton Daily Stadium
29 Aug 2021 01:50 PM

Team Lists

It’s such a tough call… He seems to like Walker at 14 in that ball playing role based on his minutes compared to Lawton. I do as well to be fair, but can’t find it in me to leave Lawton out of the 17.

Paseka will start with Marty I think. Then the bench will be:

14. Walker
15. Lawton
16. Aloiai
17. Keppie/Sipley/Siro

Tough call for 17
Not sure I would have both Paseka & Marty starting but would definitely be in the 17.
As for the rest, I would drop Siro, then (and it hurts to say this) Sipley.
As to the others... fate (ie injuries) may play a hand so no decision to be made... otherwise, ask Des!

Great team. Dogs are unbackable against us.

As always:
No Injuries > Keeping them to 0 > Putting cricket score on them > Win

If we can double-bagel them this year and notch up a mere 6 tries for 34-pts, we can have a 100+ to 0 combined scoreline on Trent Barrett's Dogs, with none of the those games at our fortress.

That's gotta hurt...!

That Dogs forward pack looks incredibly weak. I like the idea of blowing them off the park this week, doing our best to grab that top 4 spot (assuming the refs don't hand the Roosters the game against the Rabbits) and then rest any dusty players next week against the cows if we can afford it.

Not sure I would have both Paseka & Marty starting but would definitely be in the 17.
As for the rest, I would drop Siro, then (and it hurts to say this) Sipley.
As to the others... fate (ie injuries) may play a hand so no decision to be made... otherwise, ask Des!
Assuming Walker and Lawton play, I think we need our 2 best middles to accompany them. As a pure middle I think Sipley offers more than Keppie.

Personally I'd have Aloiai, Sipley and Keppie on the bench with either Lawton or Walker wearing the 14. Lawton for reliability or Walker for attacking X factor.

The Walker lock role and Jake to prop has been working so far so to me that tells me Des will opt for Keppie over Sipley so that we have a more mobile bench. This week I would hope to see Lawton come on the same time as Walker after 28-30 mins to replace a prop and Croker so that we can test the impact of Lawton during the middle third of the game and not the last 20 mins.

The Innovator said:
The last time Canterbury played Manly, they lost 0-66. Their side this week is putrid. If Manly are on their game, this score could reach 70. Can’t recall a worse club side ever. How did Cronulla and Saints lose to them ?
I am more annoyed at Cronulla and Saints..has cost me $800 the useless tards! Backed us to not win a game all year lol

For those who watched the last game we were lucky they only put what they did,no joke we were beyond horrendous and it looked like 80 plus was on the cards,
Good week for Barrett to be on a hiding to nothing this week and maybe sacked,we can only dream.
Anyone got Wayne Bennett’s phone number ? would like the laundys to hook up a meeting

Seriously, Manly will have to watch the BBQ at dummyhalf for the Dogs. He may be their only positive for the game and he might put a couple on us.

Assuming Walker and Lawton play, I think we need our 2 best middles to accompany them. As a pure middle I think Sipley offers more than Keppie.

Personally I'd have Aloiai, Sipley and Keppie on the bench with either Lawton or Walker wearing the 14. Lawton for reliability or Walker for attacking X factor.
Keppie will be there - he needs the game time before the finals - he will be on the bench the next two games

The Walker lock role and Jake to prop has been working so far so to me that tells me Des will opt for Keppie over Sipley so that we have a more mobile bench. This week I would hope to see Lawton come on the same time as Walker after 28-30 mins to replace a prop and Croker so that we can test the impact of Lawton during the middle third of the game and not the last 20 mins.
I'm a Sipley fan, but that attempted off load is not his game. He's been off the pace lately, maybe got a niggle or two, who knows. I'd give him one more shot to see if he can go back to what he does best. Good solid no nonsense hit ups with good leg drive.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8