Pre-Game Manly v Bulldogs [Round 3, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

13 12
4 Pines Park
27 Mar 2022 06:15 PM

Team Lists

It was interesting with Bozo

Talked alot about resiliance and engaging with different opinions.

But when a few raised the spaming nature of his posts his simply quit the site.

Seemed kinda counter intuitive to what he was preaching.

I've been told he's been pushed away from the site mate. Unfortunately. Bloke was heart and soul.
No-one pushed him away, if you look up his latest messages you'll see he decided to leave when he found out someone blocked his posts. I never blocked his posts but wouldn't blame anyone for doing that, they were usually Spam City.
It's a little ironic, I wouldn't have picked him as a quitter, but as he himself would say (and did say), we have become a soft society and can not cope of living in the real world with real people that are different. Hopefully when he feels better he will return.

It is a shame that events transpired to cause bozo to take a break .. he is genuinely a manly fan.

but his compulsive obsession with posting jingoistic memes multiple times in every thread was driving many to the point of annoyance .

The same people politely tried to suggest he relax a bit.. but in typical bozo fashion he just posted 137 memes in response.

I sincerely hope he returns because silvertails is a place where being a little mad should be compulsory... and because silvertails and its members I believe a big part of his weekly social interactions

However, I would be dishonest and hypocritical not to confess the fact that I am enjoying the break.

Thats a bit sad , he was over the top with his membership postings but you can after all just scroll on.
yep he was crazy with the amount of postings but he was Manly - he is passionate and none of us live in his shoes or his mind. I felt the incessant heckling of his multi posts and similar posts was uncalled for. Agree totally - just scroll past or block/ignore - pretty easy to do. Sad that someone has stepped away from here for something that really was a bit innocuous in the scheme of things. There are some nasty vile trolls on here that keep re-appearing and they are the type we want to move on. @BOZO was very harmless and just loves Manly like the rest of us. Sometimes people need to consider what might be happening in another person's world or in their mind before slagging and especially when his "sins" were not really sins at all. I wont accept half smart personal slagging and I just block/ignore those types... my ignore list is long and I am sure I am on a few ignore lists because I wont entertain crap but Bozo deep down I believe is a good well intentioned man. Just my view.

No-one pushed him away, if you look up his latest messages you'll see he decided to leave when he found out someone blocked his posts. I never blocked his posts but wouldn't blame anyone for doing that, they were usually Spam City.
It's a little ironic, I wouldn't have picked him as a quitter, but as he himself would say (and did say), we have become a soft society and can not cope of living in the real world with real people that are different. Hopefully when he feels better he will return.
Surely you jest? Farewell Silvertails - it was fun while it lasted. Go Manly!

Someone posted asking what happened if you put someone on ignore & I posted a screenshot of what I saw when Bozo posted.

I didn't intend to hurt his feelings & I hope he returns, but I think it was just the last straw, as prior to that a dedicated thread for his membership drive posts was created as people were complaining about him spamming threads up with multiple posts & memes trying to encourage membership.

There was also an incident where a mod removed a few posts of his & others because somehow a joke post about wanking spiders (LOL WTF) became considered a personal attack on him & I think he thought he was the only one being censored.

Someone posted asking what happened if you put someone on ignore & I posted a screenshot of what I saw when Bozo posted.

I didn't intend to hurt his feelings & I hope he returns.
Yeah that was me, I've never ued the ignore function and wanted to bettter understand things like 'If a blocked poster starts a thread do you lose a whole thread' And 'if someone quotes someone you've blocked, do you see that persons post'

I purposely kept it general as to not single anyone out.

Bozo jumped in with about 7 straight posts bemoaning how soft society was and that people need to cope with opposing views.

Then suddely declared he would no longer post.

I never personally referenced Bozo and enjoy his enthusiam.

That said I did once or twice politely ask him to try not to spam threads as it was making the site difficult to enjoy.

I've been told he's been pushed away from the site mate. Unfortunately. Bloke was heart and soul.
thats not good ,he was very enthusiastic if not a touch over the top but still all Manly .
Come back Bozo !!,all if not most is forgiven

You need to be very thick skined to remain here for a long time , I would have lasted 2 days had @Dan not told me that many years ago.

I’ve only ever got really angry with one member who referenced what I used to do with the club in a very derogatory way.

Thankfully he’s long gone but he was the only one I’ve ever put on the ignore list.

If you don’t like a comment just scroll on , you don’t say anything then they won’t either , a win / win situation for both parties.

I’m back ( for a few days ) after a week off grid in the VIC High Country , and yes there were trout !!

Managed to see both games via satellite but no internet to comment.

Hope we do better on Sunday , would be embarrassed to see us lose v the Dogs.
@Dan

1 Rainbow 1 Brown

Attachments

• DFB16A4B-B307-4CAC-83F4-74DB1745C419.jpeg
    DFB16A4B-B307-4CAC-83F4-74DB1745C419.jpeg
    376.3 KB · Views: 5
It is a shame that events transpired to cause bozo to take a break .. he is genuinely a manly fan.

but his compulsive obsession with posting jingoistic memes multiple times in every thread was driving many to the point of annoyance .

The same people politely tried to suggest he relax a bit.. but in typical bozo fashion he just posted 137 memes in response.

I sincerely hope he returns because silvertails is a place where being a little mad should be compulsory... and because silvertails and its members I believe a big part of his weekly social interactions

However, I would be dishonest and hypocritical not to confess the fact that I am enjoying the break.
I thought he was OCD, but no-one doubted his devotion to the cause.

He did direct the occasional personal attack at me in relation to club membership, with his view that you should sell both kidneys and your children to remain a member every year if needed, regardless of your circumstance. Empathy was not his strongest point.

His views on the team in general were good, and showed insight. The amount of memes / quotations did get to be over the top, but you just scroll past them.

Colorful characters make up the forum, and we need them. Bozo was nothing if not colorful.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8