Post-Game Discussion Manly v Cowboys [Round 20, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Game Information

Sea Eagles
Vs
Cowboys
8 4 Pines Park
15 Jul 2023 17:30
80:00 minute

Match Stats

My concern with the recruitment for next year is that it does not seem to address our clear issue in the forwards.

Against top 8 teams we are typically getting dominated in the pack. I can not see how adding a halve is going to address it next year.

The talk of the 6 or 7 dominating on the back of that - well tell me how that works?
Shame we didn’t have someone coming off the bench like the Broncos do, some bloke named Taupau, he seems to go ok

Yes, we looked and were gassed but why were we gassed?

Some of you seem to think that we are just unfit but how could you not be gassed and continually make errors when we were exhausted from all of the extra work that we had to do because of all the six against that were awarded to the Cowboys with so many of them being close to our try line.
What was the 6 again count anyway, thought our guys held up well under the possession onslaught provided by this ref.

It was a strange game. Cowboys were not much better than us. I was baffled when we were pressing their line with 10 or so minutes to go and we went and lost 30m. I was also glad they did not run away with the game. We did put up a fight. What are we doing at training though? Mathewson went ok. Def need to be better in attack. Don’t know how many times we gave them the ball back. That’s what got to me the most. Cowboys were not much better though.

In his press conference he said he wants more impact off the bench. He then said he wants to look at Keppie, Fainu, Lodge and Condon play for Blacktown tomorrow.

He wants impact but picks Woods.

I'd suggest Sipley, Woods and Bullemore wont be in the 17 next week.

I'd be happy if Aloiai was gone too.

Really only one difference between the two teams. They were very well coached. We weren't coached at all.

How long is this imposter's contract?
I'll leave Seibold alone for now, it's seeing Flanno in the box is what erks me. The only thing on his mind is the team he's coaching next season.

It was a strange game. Cowboys were not much better than us. I was baffled when we were pressing their line with 10 or so minutes to go and we went and lost 30m. I was also glad they did not run away with the game. We did put up a fight. What are we doing at training though? Mathewson went ok. Def need to be better in attack. Don’t know how many times we gave them the ball back. That’s what got to me the most. Cowboys were not much better though.
On Matterson, who did he replace in the 2nd half ?

Aloiai has been sooo disappointing. Just going through the motions and does not lift or inspire the team.

He needs to spend a few weeks at Blacktown so he can work out if he really wants to be an nrl player.

Was he a Des signing?

From Post #1

FULL TIME SCORE

Manly: 8
Cowboys: 19

361382115_847510736807176_1743431247463061227_n.jpg

Pic: Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Facebook Page

Team Victory Song:

giphy1.gif

Pressers:

Post Match Interviews: TBA

Match Report:

Game Stats Review:

Match Highlights:

Extended Match Highlights: TBA

Full Match Replay Link: TBA

Manly Tries:

Game Pics & Video Clips:

Press Print & Video Articles:

Sea Eagles Judiciary News:

27:19 - On Report - Reuben Garrick - Sea Eagles

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm with you for 3 out of the 4 Bob but I thought Bulle at least showed some go forward with limited opportunity. The big forward strategy is just not working though. Woods just doesn't give us anything. Aloiai is good for 2 runs and then he's stuffed. He is living off the back of one big tackle from round one. But I don't know how we move him on given his contract. The biggest disappointment was Sipley. He is better than the crap he dished up tonight.

Keppie is not the one to be moved on. And Samuela is exactly the kind of big mobile forward we need to keep. If we move Keps and Fainu on it just seems crazy.

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8