Game Day: Manly v Cowboys [Round 3, 2017]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
The Islander Boys are all very devout and offer a prayer before and after games.

I love the Fiji National Team's hymn at Internationals.

Very moving, although I'm a heathen - luckily God forgives all :angel:

Interesting. This is the first time I have noticed it. So I guess they must do this at every NRL game, even at Brookie. Or is this one special?

Interesting. This is the first time I have noticed it. So I guess they must do this at every NRL game, even at Brookie. Or is this one special?
Most games have it, if the TV bother to stay on the ground instead of showing us their ugly mugs.

If you have Foxtel then the pregame dressingroom scenes usually have players praying on their own.

Then after the match, players from both sides join together.:angel:

Remember the good old days when you used to clap off the visiting Team - very sportsman like?

Greenturd should reintroduce some civility :lightbulb:

Enjoy @Mark from Brisbane
C7M0rOaVAAQBLsv.jpg

http://www.nrl.com/rd-3-cowboys-v-sea-eagles-hls/tabid/10959/contentid/898655/default.aspx

Presser
http://www.nrl.com/rd-3-press-conference-sea-eagles/tabid/10959/contentid/898423/default.aspx
Thanks for posting this Happily Manly. Not just Mark enjoying this tonight.

Bj was huge just so much effort and heart in that whole game. Every time they looked close to a scoring manly jerseys came from everywhere to wrap them up. We defend like that and cut out the errors many more wins will come

Hey, you could actually hear questions being asked in the presser. How (overdue) much better that is!

Reading game day threads is often hilarious when you log on and find 30 pages of a total emotional roller coaster!

For those of you who don't want to read 30 pages of dribble (mine included) here is a summary:

Pre-game:
We're going to lose. We suck. Every selection is crap. I'm just a realist when I say we're the worst thing in the universe. (ge - we're gunna win.)

Game:

We suck
stupid refs
wait, we got some points
stupid refs
they scored
stupid refs
we make a million mistakes
stupid refs
Hang on...we're winning
stupid refs
everyone is an awesome player
stupid refs

Post game:

We win! I knew it, well done guys, you were awesome and we love everyone
stupid refs
yay
stupid refs
it's only one win though...but I'm not negative just realistic!
stupid refs
yay
stupid refs
yay, tears, booze, happy happy joy joy!
stupid refs

Bed time!
(stupid refs)

Last edited:
I could easily get used to this winning feeling again! So nice to wake up to a win. Come on boys. Let's back it up and do it again next week as well and show the know nothing sausage roll eating dummies (like me).

I could easily get used to this winning feeling again! So nice to wake up to a win. Come on boys. Let's back it up and do it again next week as well and show the know nothing sausage roll eating dummies (like me).

Same, at first i was angry this morning when my 10 month old son woke me up and would wouldn't go back to sleep. Flick the TV on and the game is on replay!! I gave him an apology, just wanted his dad to be as happy as last night after the win :)

Archie is rewatching the game, learning how to yell at it, not wearing pants....takes after his father

Attachments

• trim.B0967594-97F6-4E25-A13A-902F295E24C5.MOV
    7.4 MB · Views: 30
What a great victory !!!
One for the true Believers
This team proved that if they cut down its errors they can cut down the best of teams like the Cowboys .
This team typified the true manly never say die spirit .
This team displayed all the great attributes of the great Manly teams of any golden era tonight with , Guts , skill, passion
Our captain DCE showed Thurston who is boss
and let Tallis know he is a Toss
Go the mighty Sea eagles !!!!

1468709088761.jpg

Refs had some terrible calls against us as well. Every time we dropped it in the play the ball it was a knock on even if their hands were all over it and every time they dropped it we got penalised. 50/50 refs calls we may have won by 40.
That Api one in the 2nd half went 2 meters behind him.
Yes it then bounced forward, but it was from its own energy and was stillbehind Api :mad:

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
9 7 2 72 16
8 7 1 56 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8