Pre-Game Manly v Eels [Round 21, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

20 36
4 Pines Park
05 Aug 2022 07:55 PM

Team Lists

Pl
How much first grade gane time has Burbo actually had so far?

I agree he hasn't shown anything yet to be considered as good as or better than his brothers but he got KTFO in his debut (late in that horrible game vs Newcastle last year) & concussed early in his last start.

Has he played a full game yet? Just thinking if he can get some consistent quality game time he could settle into it & start showing some ability.
Played alright vs tigers at Centre from memory. He’s still a kid. He’ll get there give him time. I’d still have Bully over him after last weeks game.

Don't know whether to be happy or not at Gerard Sutton being the ref. It could be worse with Klein/Atkins/Cummins I guess...though Atkins in the bunker is bad enough.

Someone asked who has the goat photos now… clearly it’s Boyle! Comes back from absolute oblivion to play a second match in a row.

The guy deserves some luck, that is for sure, but I honestly thought we’d never see him again in the NRL.

Don't know whether to be happy or not at Gerard Sutton being the ref. It could be worse with Klein/Atkins/Cummins I guess...though Atkins in the bunker is bad enough.
I’m not sure if I’d be confident with any ref these days.

In saying that, and I will get ripped to shreds for this, but I don’t mind Chris Butler. He doesn’t have the arrogance of the others, which I suppose comes from having every second decision successfully challenged 😂. There is another ref called Tod who I’m supposed to be kind to because he is a ranga, but his name is Tod and I will always struggle to like a Tod.

Bring Back Badger I say!

I will get ripped to shreds for this, but I don’t mind Chris Butler. He doesn’t have the arrogance of the others, which I suppose comes from having every second decision successfully challenged 😂. There is another ref called Tod who I’m supposed to be kind to because he is a ranga, but his name is Tod and I will always struggle to like a Tod.
After Chris Butler reffed THAT Cowboys/Tigers game, yes you will get ripped to shreds lol

I was actually hoping our ref would be the ranga Todd Smith, as I don't mind him, but he's doing the Rorters/Broncs game.

Speaking of refs, I predicted here yesterday, Cummins is doing the Rabbits/Warriors as he's down in the pecking order and doesn't do the top matches.

Over the past few years all I have heard about the Turbos is that as good as Jake and Tom are, the younger brother was even better.

I'll be honest ... I'm yet to see Burbo show in first grade that he is even half the player his brothers are. Right now he's kinda the Trbojevic version of Luke Burgess. Has the right name but his brothers are proving to be better players.
Dunno who said that HV8? I’ve never heard that said and most people’s eye test thru the grades would indicate it was highly unlikely.

Bully showed speed last week running onto the ball which we lack with the exception of probably Walker
Yes, finally Bullymore showed what he was capable of, and not before time. I expect Des would like to see this kind of form one more time with the Blacktown boys before he gives him another shot at 1st's.

Dunno who said that HV8? I’ve never heard that said and most people’s eye test thru the grades would indicate it was highly unlikely.
It's been mentioned quite a few times by various journos over the past 24 months.....I've yet to see anything special. I think of the 3 Jake is the most durable.....Tom is the star when available, Ben yet to show anything.

Someone asked who has the goat photos now… clearly it’s Boyle! Comes back from absolute oblivion to play a second match in a row.

The guy deserves some luck, that is for sure, but I honestly thought we’d never see him again in the NRL.
I think he's always been a Hasler favourite, a bit like Waddell and Jetski, made no difference how bad they were they were always the first two picked, quite possibly the original holders of the much talked about photos

I can remember hearing that myself, maybe it was Turbo who said it, I seem to remember something like that 🙂

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12