Post-Game Discussion Manly v Panthers [Round 5, 2024]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Game Information

Sea Eagles
Vs
Panthers
32 4 Pines Park
06 Apr 2024 17:30
80:00 minute

Match Stats

Pretty damned proud of that effort. Haven't beaten that mob since 2018. They haven't been scored on at will like that almost anytime in the past 4-5 years. We outmuscled them. I felt James Fisher Harris was intimidated by Brown. Nothing but praise Manly. Outstanding.

I noticed an interesting thing the Panthers were really effective at in the first half. Their players do this twist when they’re being tackled and invariably end up finding their front for a quick play the ball.

I know it’s not uncommon for players to find their front, but that’s usually when they’ve won the contact and poked through the line. The difference for Penrith is they don’t even necessarily need to poke through or win the initial contact, they can ‘get out jail free’ with this tactic. It must be coached. Clever.

Pretty damned proud of that effort. Haven't beaten that mob since 2018. They haven't been scored on at will like that almost anytime in the past 4-5 years. We outmuscled them. I felt James Fisher Harris was intimidated by Brown. Nothing but praise Manly. Outstanding.
JFH definitely had one eye looking out for Brown, it was noticeable a couple of times, on the points, heard the commentators say since their dynasty began they‘ve only had 30 plus scored against them 4 times over the last 4 years, how bloody good.

We beat them into submission ,they all looked hurt and intimidated.
How good was that ?

From Post #1

FULL TIME SCORE

Manly: 32
Panthers: 18

435666512_1018668796358035_3283418939065669498_n.jpg

Pic: Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Facebook Page

435489971_1018696796355235_1313319248797841199_n.jpg

Pic: Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Facebook Page

Team Victory Song:

We are the Manly boys,
We had a win today,
We are the boys you know of
We showed them how to play,
No matter where we’ll be
Maroon and White you'll see,
Oh aren’t we a wonderful credit
To our locality,
So cheer boys cheer,
We are together,
Every now and then we have a win…..have a win
We will play them all around
At our home or any ground,
If they’ll always play a fair and honest game
So it’s GUZZLE GUZZLE GUZZLE
As we pour it down our muzzle,
And sing out the order loud and clear, 'MORE BEER',
And we will drink all night
Until we are very tired
In the shade of the Manly Leagues Club.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pressers:

Post Match Interviews:

Match Report:

Game Stats Review:

Match Highlights:

Extended Match Highlights:

Full Match Replay Link:

Manly Tries:

Game Pics & Video Clips:

Press Print & Video Articles:

DCE shows class as enigmatic Manly trump Penrith

Sea Eagles Judiciary News:
  • No Manly players were placed on report during the game.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now that the smoke has settled after a gutsy win (not a pretty win as we still made a lot of mistakes against a Panthers team that really was off the boil) congratulations must go to DCE for achieving his 310 games record for the Club !!!!!
We have had some unbelievabley talented players in the past such as Bozo, Cliffy, Wombat, Beaver, Toovey etc but DCE’s persistence , tenacity , skill and leadership must now place him in our top echelon of true Manly greats.
Congratulations DCE and I hope you can add a few more games to an already impressive career finishing with won more Premiership to your name.
GO MANLY !!!!!
🦅🦅🦅

Update to Post #1

Pressers:

Cracking win. Big moment for the club I think. Brown simple outstanding, second half by every player just fantastic. Big shout out to the packed crowd as well..
There are not too many better things than being in that crowd and have the boys put on a great effort like that. Things looked a bit grim early when they scored pretty easy and then we lost Rubes. There was certainly a sense we were going to fall apart. But when we were able to weather a few sets, you could see the confidence starting to grow. It was the same feeling watching at the Vegas game when we got behind. Held the ground, worked their way back in and took back the momentum. We haven't been able to do that consistently for ages. The forwards were awesome in the second half in particular. It's almost like they know that one of the big fellas is going to drop out for Lodge soon @:D

Ben was good in parts but still definitely a work in progress. But Shu is playing so poorly, he won't be going anywhere. Brown is an inspiration for the forwards, I reckon. All those runs today were awesome. Ran himself into the ground.

Tom, DCE and Koula were great but our weak spot remains our wingers.

But what a great day at Brookie!! 🦅🦅🦅

Thought Burbo made that edge look far more stable than Garrick.
Yeh definitely, I like Ben at right centre, I think that’s his best position at this stage of his career, maybe another off season he can be that damaging backrower..

Puts Garrick back in his best position at left wing, I still got hopes on Schuster being fit and playing the left edge backrower..

Listening to the game on ABC Radio they really praised our forward pack and it's utter and complete dominance. Particularly Paseka and his defence, also Sipley and Brown got some huge wraps. Our goal line defence was also a huge talking point in the game.
I should of tuned in, Dan Ginane was just awful to listen too.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8