Game Day: Manly v Rabbitohs [Round 2, 2017]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
I'd imagine that there'd be a fair bit of turmoil within the Souths team after the coach left the star player on the field injured for a huge portion of the match thereby not only possibly further damaging his knee but also leaving them with twelve men. Faith in the coach must be very low.
At least that's what I'm hoping!

It's alright, nightster - we don't need Kingy. Siroju©™ (see, I got you covered, Freagle) was on the back page of the "Manly Daily" today saying that he and Frank Winterstein would step up to carry the load of Taupau and AFB, so we're all sorted. And if you can't put your faith in Siroju©™ and Frankenstein… wait, how does that sentence end?
Thanks Ron E! So um...to the rest of you I guess I'll just sit back and wait for the royalties to start flooding in? Waiting...waiting...

Problem is, they don't have to step up to win their starting spots because they've already got them. They started round one and will start for the foreseeable future because, really, who's going to replace them? Especially with Prop Crisis 2017 underway.
Hopefully Shaun Lane is breathing down their collective necks at least...Bainbridge probably a year away realistically. HoppaJunior#2 also perhaps?

With 4 props missing and back rowers like Lane and Kennedy expected to fill that void from the bench, I think Brown will be used primarily as a forward which will probably mean he'll see more game time as a back rower (God help us.....). I'd say that Cullen is the bench hooker / utility player.

Unfortunately, with 4 props MIA, what we have left is fringe back rowers to fill front row spots for a couple of weeks.

How in hell does that happen? We're only one game into the damn season and we're already being forced to use back rowers as props because of injury and suspension.
Quote from the HoldenV8........
I think Brown will be used primarily as a forward which will probably mean he'll see more game time as a back rower (God help us.....).
Amen feathered friend :)
lord-help-us-1-638.jpg

Hopefully Shaun Lane is breathing down their collective necks at least...Bainbridge probably a year away realistically. HoppaJunior#2 also perhaps?
Personally i would like to see some young promising player or player with ability given a go at first grade that would jump out of their skin at the opportunity to play in our top side than have these past their date internationals that crawl their way into our side .

I'd imagine that there'd be a fair bit of turmoil within the Souths team after the coach left the star player on the field injured for a huge portion of the match thereby not only possibly further damaging his knee but also leaving them with twelve men. Faith in the coach must be very low.
At least that's what I'm hoping!
On the other side of the ledger what faith do you have in coaches that continue to select under performing players based on reputation and not performance .

Gonna be a very interesting game.. Im honestly 50/50 but leaning towards souths.. our front row drama is obvious, i think their starting 9 is better than ours (even if he is a total w@nkchop) and i think their bench hooker is better than our starting 9 too..
. we should have them in the backline department, aslong as everyone chips in and does their jobs... but if the boys up front are dominated, having the better backs means nothing.. thats what im expecting to happen

On the other side of the ledger what faith do you have in coaches that continue to select under performing players based on reputation and not performance .
Less than I did when he was a rookie enjoying benefit of the doubt.

The unfortunate thing is that with our current lack of props, Barrett has been forced to go the extra Myles and Poo on selections this week.

Although sadly I suspect they might have been on the bench anyway even if Marty and AFB were playing......

Don't forget also there's a limit on the 2nd tier cap, so that can only be used when we simply don't have 17 fit.

The fact that we are operating on a top 23, compared to every other team operating on 25 means that every time we have injuries or suspensions we are behind the 8 ball.

It's just so unfair but I'm not sure if we should blame Greenturd OR the stupid people at our own club that gave these two 3 year contracts ( and yes I know the circumstances at the time).

Don't forget also there's a limit on the 2nd tier cap, so that can only be used when we simply don't have 17 fit.

The fact that we are operating on a top 23, compared to every other team operating on 25 means that every time we have injuries or suspensions we are behind the 8 ball.

It's just so unfair but I'm not sure if we should blame Greenturd OR the stupid people at our own club that gave these two 3 year contracts ( and yes I know the circumstances at the time).
Problem was if they didn't re sign them then there would have torn down the Jane Try Stand

Just maintain the rage and blame everyone !

Problem was if they didn't re sign them then there would have torn down the Jane Try Stand
Exactly. At the time it was being done this is so true. I don't like many of the decisions these ****s make but I reckon most of us would have done the same thing under all the circumstances going on at that time.

Maguire had the nads to drop George Burgess for disciplinary / attitude / performance issues (Something our coach is incapable of) and I'll bet both he & Reynolds play. Big George will be massively fired up and their forward pack will throw Myles & Co around like rag dolls. Inglis is rarely on his game so Johnston is more of a threat than he was, meaning a likely net gain for them rather than a loss.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11