Game Day: Manly v Rabbitohs [Round 2, 2017]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Plays lock in the twentys played a bit of prop for the reserves against Wyong. Not the biggest but a very capable defender.gallen type

Great insight mate, thoughts for tomorrow's game? Interesting listening to Talkin Sport this afternoon the bloke from Reading the Play has us as his best bet of the week. Said we came through a much stronger form line in last week's game.

The 17 (Lane) is out.

Hastings is moved into the 17 but as the no.19. He has to keep the no.19 jersey but is in the 17 at this stage.

Cullen, Brown, Hastings and Kennedy on the bench.
Surprised to see how this will pan out and what the gameplane will be. Run the big boppers around.

Masterstoke or master fail....? Time will tell.

I can't see the bench looking like that come game time, I've got no doubt Bainbridge comes in.

Yep. Agree. Well it's Bainbridge or Hastings cause Wright won't be coming in...

Tough ask for Bainbridge being so young to come in and handle the Rabbids pack. But he is a tough kid.

Interesting to see how it plays out.

Absolutely mate, they're probably more dangerous with George Burgess likely coming in for Tyrell.

If we hold them in the middle then we'll go a long way to winning. Souths were poor last week and while Reynolds comes back, they have Johnston moving to fullback which would disrupt their attack which usually has Inglis as a focal point in their backline moves.

Yep. Agree. Well it's Bainbridge or Hastings cause Wright won't be coming in...

Tough ask for Bainbridge being so young to come in and handle the Rabbids pack. But he is a tough kid.

Interesting to see how it plays out.
You'd think Jake would be playing prop and then Brown or Bainbridge to play lock. Need someone who can cart it up the middle and Myles is not it! I'd actually have myles play a tackling lock type role - no runs, just tackle and then get Jake taking the hard yards up the middle with BJ..

Our backs are much stronger, excited to see how Cullen plays. Think the pack, despite being short of our four best props, will stand their ground to a degree. That alone (as long as ball security is decent) will win us the game

Absolutely mate, they're probably more dangerous with George Burgess likely coming in for Tyrell.

If we hold them in the middle then we'll go a long way to winning. Souths were poor last week and while Reynolds comes back, they have Johnston moving to fullback which would disrupt their attack which usually has Inglis as a focal point in their backline moves.

Johnston is a better fullback than winger with more to prove and now knows it's his spot to lose.
IMO they lose very little with him at 1 v Inglis at 1.

I am absolutely shocked to see Souths firm in to equal favourite with Manly to win tomorrow.
Whats going on?. I don't get it.
When you look at how miserable Souths were last week, that they lost Inglis who without have lost their last 8 games with 62 for and about 260 against. Manly coming off a reasonable perfomance, near full strength, and at home.
Something is not all as it seems.
NYEagle

I am absolutely shocked to see Souths firm in to equal favourite with Manly to win tomorrow.
When you look at how miserable Souths were last week, that they lost Inglis who without have lost their last 8 games with 62 for and about 260 against. Manly coming off a reasonable perfomance, near full strength, and at home.
NYEagle
We sucked last year, we open with a loss, we have Lussick, Taupau, AFB and Perret out, whilst they get Reynolds back and just one out in Inglis. Makes sense to me.

NYEagle
Yeah but we have Myles and Brown in our team that's why they are equal favorites

So essentially we won't have a single prop on our bench rotation?

I assume Bainbridge has to come in, does he play middle?

Usually plays lock, he is not a prop though listed at 98Kg.

When he debuted last year at 18 he played on the right and ran some good tough lines and defended hard. Did not look out of place but only got about 15 minutes at the end so hard to tell how the pace of the game effected him.

Love to see him get some more time - looks like he could be a great backrower or lock for us.

Well here we are, game day, and a day where a win could turn our season around or a loss potentially send us on the greatest losing streak of the team in over a decade ( thanks @Ryan now I know it carries over from the previous year as well).

It's an incredibly tough road ahead for a team trying to gel, find combinations and let's face it doing pretty poorly.

Confidence is such a huge factor, win tonight and we might put a reasonable show on next week, lose big tonight and next weeks result is a forgone conclusion.

Compare us to the two teams that played last night, to say we are light years behind isn't an exaggeration.

We all laugh at the MIGOTY Tagline , but if there's ever one, this is it!!

How bad do the players want this win ?
I hope they want it as much as their fans !!!
2d89f196fa8dd76b6616fbb29321afb2.jpg

This is the way I think Trent may go ....

21. Bainbridge (lock)
12. Sironen
11. Winterstein
13. Jake
09. Api
08. Lawrence
Bench.
10. Myles
16. Kennedy
15 . Brown :(
14. Cullen

Sea Eagles: 1 Tom Trbojevic, 2 Jorge Taufua, 3 Dylan Walker, 4 Brian Kelly, 5 Akuila Uate, 6 Blake Green, 7 Daly Cherry-Evans, 8 Brenton Lawrence, 9 Api Koroisau, 10 Nate Myles, 11 Frank Winterstein, 12 Curtis Sironen, 13 Jake Trbojevic. Interchange: 14 Cameron Cullen, 15 Lewis Brown, 16 Jarrad Kennedy, 19 Jackson Hastings, 20 Matthew Wright, 21 Billy Bainbridge

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10