Game Day: Manly v Rabbitohs [Round 9, 2017]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
https://www.nrl.com/rabbitohs-v-sea-eagles-five-key-points/tabid/10874/newsid/106200/default.aspx

40/20 turns the game on its head

If you didn't watch Friday night's game and only glanced superficially at the final score then it would be easy to assume that Manly dominated the contest from start to finish.

That certainly wasn't the case as South Sydney started the game with the same sort of energy that saw them push the Broncos all the way a week ago, only for Sea Eagles halfback Daly Cherry-Evans to swing momentum Manly's way with a booming 40/20 that stopped the Rabbitohs in their tracks.

Souths barely touched the ball after that as Manly ran in six unanswered tries, and the importance of Cherry-Evans's second 40/20 of the season didn't go unnoticed in the Manly coaching box.

"That was a massive play in the game because we were on the back foot for the opening stanza," Barrett said.

Honestly feathered friends......
We are just too good to be true
Go the mighty Sea eagles !!!
images.jpg

I'm on Straddie Island at the moment and have just seen the news. OMG if we're gunna beat the sheet out of any side God please let it be Souffs, Parra or Storm. Can't believe what I'm reading that just happened last night. Can't wait to see the replay when I get home. Looks like Dylan and Uate are our new power couple. Go you good thing and well done boys.... Very proud of the 80 min effort.

I'm on Straddie Island at the moment and have just seen the news. OMG if we're gunna beat the sheet out of any side God please let it be Souffs, Parra or Storm. Can't believe what I'm reading that just happened last night. Can't wait to see the replay when I get home. Looks like Dylan and Uate are our new power couple. Go you good thing and well done boys.... Very proud of the 80 min effort.
It was a win for the ages, a real coming of age for players and staff. Do yourself a fav and watch the replay.

Was Walker up against Goodwin? I always rated Goodwin as a fine defensive centre after seeing him keep Lyon quiet on a number of occasions. Dylan cut through at will last night.

Was Walker up against Goodwin? I always rated Goodwin as a fine defensive centre after seeing him keep Lyon quiet on a number of occasions. Dylan cut through at will last night.
Walks starting speed is phenomenal, though Goodwin was not helped by his team mates :)

Jessus even cartwright was into it!

Wow
They must be excited
Even Jorge smiles ,does a little hip movement and head wobble in between his traditional slow hand clap

Love it and a great feeling waking up Saturday morning knowing the boys are in a good space and we have a bye coming up before the donkeys

Happy to wait now and count down the days to travelling to Suncorp with anticipation

Go Manly

Yes!!The current back row is rubbish.Sironen and Winterstein had 10 hit ups between them for 65 metres and 38 tackles.If it was a 1 off,I wouldn't mention it but these 2 have been poor all season.Unfortunately back row was not one of the positions they stocked up on,especially quality ones
I wouldn't worry about those stats last night.

The props, halves and backs had the ball all night powering up field scoring at will. The edge second rowers were running decoys, passing etc. it wasn't a hit up kinda game.

I wouldn't worry about those stats last night.

The props, halves and backs had the ball all night powering up field scoring at will. The edge second rowers were running decoys, passing etc. it wasn't a hit up kinda game.
Exactly

@Nordburg there was a great hit by Frank on Sambo that caused him to lose the ball in their quarter. :clap:

Our LHS was a little stranded last night, but it will even out through the year :nod:

https://www.nrl.com/rabbitohs-v-sea-eagles-five-key-points/tabid/10874/newsid/106200/default.aspx

40/20 turns the game on its head

If you didn't watch Friday night's game and only glanced superficially at the final score then it would be easy to assume that Manly dominated the contest from start to finish.

That certainly wasn't the case as South Sydney started the game with the same sort of energy that saw them push the Broncos all the way a week ago, only for Sea Eagles halfback Daly Cherry-Evans to swing momentum Manly's way with a booming 40/20 that stopped the Rabbitohs in their tracks.

Souths barely touched the ball after that as Manly ran in six unanswered tries, and the importance of Cherry-Evans's second 40/20 of the season didn't go unnoticed in the Manly coaching box.

"That was a massive play in the game because we were on the back foot for the opening stanza," Barrett said.

So we didn't dominate from start to finish...just from the 40/20 which happened about the 10th minute.

so we only dominated for 87.5% of the game.

What a stupid piece of typed up clap trap. **** nuck

I was a little too exuberant to post last night.
The win was awesome times a trillion.
Listened to the match while driving from the bush to coast. Was hard to keep both hands on the steering wheel during euphoric cheering moments. I'm sure many commuters on the M1 heard enthusiastic and slightly feral "Go Manly's" through the congested traffic.
Great win Sea Eagles!
All the boys are busting their guts for each other and it's great to see.
Can't wait to watch the replay.
GO MANLY!

Yeah - I'd have Buhrer and Symonds in the second row, Parcell at hooker without a second thought.

As it stands, I still think we need to swap Api and Hastings around - there were plenty of sets tonight where the slow passing and decision-making out of dummy half had the defence up in our faces too quickly. Didn't matter tonight as Souffs were rubbish, but in a tight game it's still going to hurt us.

Like everyone else, I love Api's attitude and enthusiasm, but Jackson Hastings has a much faster, crisper passing game, straight off the ground onto the chest of the receiver like a good hooker should.
Yup Hastings is so slick from dummy half..a natural passer and organiser. But Api has to be in the mix somewhere too - think we all get that. It will evolve over time how to utilise those two boys effectively. Liked seeing Hastings given the opportunity to knock over a few goals..Trent has said hes an integral part of our team and i really think he will develop over the years and by instilling some belief and confidence in Jackson we will be rewarded in spades with a passionate and very whole hearted skillful player. Great pick up. Go Manly

Yup Hastings is so slick from dummy half..a natural passer and organiser. But Api has to be in the mix somewhere too - think we all get that. It will evolve over time how to utilise those two boys effectively. Liked seeing Hastings given the opportunity to knock over a few goals..Trent has said hes an integral part of our team and i really think he will develop over the years and by instilling some belief and confidence in Jackson we will be rewarded in spades with a passionate and very whole hearted skillful player. Great pick up. Go Manly

I get your point but imho the two have been used pretty effectively over the past two weeks ... it was good t see JH take a few kicks last night ....maybe Api for Green towards the end of the second half Api & JH both good defenders and easily capable of gapping tired forwards ... imho

Agree, but credit to Barrett for bringing him on slowly ... at Easts the kid was like a bull at the gate and all over the shop. I think Barrett has reined him in and given him clear instructions. Barrett and how he is handling him may not have just saved his career it may have guaranteed a great career. Also seems to have not the big head back to size to. Kid is impressing.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6