Game Day: Manly v Rabbitohs [Round 9, 2017]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I just watched the Rabbits game for the 3rd time. Even with emotion taken out of the equation we played such a perfect first half of footy. We never gave the Rabbits a chance with our great discipline with the ball in hand and our great kicking game. Walker is the X factor we have been missing, his speed is getting us tries we would never have scored in the past. Marty and his offloads has also added so much to our attack. I really am excited about this team. Oh and having BJ back has been a huge boost too!!

Last edited:
You know it has been a big night when you find these three tickets two nights later

Love our wingers
Got me the bacon again

And always gamble responsibly by getting on us for 13 + every week with a try scorer throw in

Attachments

• IMG_4505.JPG
    IMG_4505.JPG
    267.1 KB · Views: 25
You know it has been a big night when you find these three tickets two nights later

Love our wingers
Got me the bacon again

And always gamble responsibly by getting on us for 13 + every week with a try scorer throw in
You bet $3.75 on Manly to win 13+ what an odd amount.
Can you let us mug punters know the reasoning behind this bet amount?

I am usually defending referees in games suggesting that they try their best to be impartial during matches. But I have to say, especially in the second half that the bearded ref in the Manly-Souths match acted in a manner that I thought was aimed at trying to get Souths back into the match. I am not suggesting that he consciously sought to favour Souths (though that may have been the case) but most of his 50-50 decisions clearly supported Souths.

Take the example of the two questionable tries. It was his decision that decided the Souths try was legit, despite a very unclear aspect, and his that decided Manly's try was not, despite it being more likely to have been scored. Both were decided on his assessment. Then there were several stripping offences. Many were questionable at best for both sides, yet he determined Manly consistently striped the ball but Souths generally didn't. Little wonder DCE became confused with his remarks which were heard. Some were blatant 'mistakes' on his part and at one stage he was penalising Manly, the team leading, at 6-1.

I had no issue with the other ref who seemed to handle the game much more impartially. But the bearded gentlemen began to remind me of Qld's Gomersall. I know Manly wont complain, but I've watched a lot of football in the past 50 years and that fellow was distinctly biased, whether intentionally or not.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8