Pre-Game Manly v Sharks [Round 23, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

6 40
4 Pines Park
20 Aug 2022 05:30 PM

Team Lists

I do not trust Tony Mestrov & I don't think he'll last long. Don't like his smug attitude & don't like his face lololol. I've got a feeling we ain't out of the woods yet with his appointment as CEO. Where are you Geoff Toovey when the club needs you. Why is club management so dumb as not to even consider approaching you to get us out of this fu<king mess they've created. Des is copping it, the players are copping it, supporters are turning on the team, each other, yet these fu<king numpties running the club sit back & watch us fall over. Fu<k off Penns & take your useless marketing & club management with you. We no longer want you associated with our club....the club you've turned into a fraction of what it was.

I do not trust Tony Mestrov & I don't think he'll last long. Don't like his smug attitude & don't like his face lololol. I've got a feeling we ain't out of the woods yet with his appointment as CEO. Where are you Geoff Toovey when the club needs you. Why is club management so dumb as not to even consider approaching you to get us out of this fu<king mess they've created. Des is copping it, the players are copping it, supporters are turning on the team, each other, yet these fu<king numpties running the club sit back & watch us fall over. Fu<k off Penns & take your useless marketing & club management with you. We no longer want you associated with our club....the club you've turned into a fraction of what it was.

Mate, I think the difference is Tooves was an accountant (or had accounting qualifications) and it was that acumen plus possibly a little celebrity that got him the gig at NRMA (I believe on the board wasn't it?).

Tony Mestrov has an excellent track record of turning around an industry in NSW that was really struggling.

I do honestly believe he has all the requirements, skills and knowledge to be an amazing CEO (long term for us), but 100% agree with you that his start has left a little to be desired (rainbows, gangs, Arthurson) - and I'm pretty shocked Dylan Walker confirmed none of the group have been spoken to about any of these (unless he's fibbing).

Despite my complaining, I also absolutely want to give him time to get acclimatised, and settled in.

Hopefully (being realistic) his focuses are culture, re-affirming the chains of command, recruitment & salary cap & go from there. Communication lines are important too.

I think as a fanbase, we are desperate and looking for a little hope, or light at the end of the tunnel for us to grab onto. I hope that's coming for us all very soon.

In fairness to Mestrov he has inherited some major issues to deal with, I would give him the benefit of the doubt as his character is of high integrity.

Mestrov may not have addressed the team and the players collectively, however he may have on an individual basis under the circumstances of not causing further potential division within the team.

I assume that he will address the squad of what the club’s expectations of the players is, post round 25.

Mate, I think the difference is Tooves was an accountant (or had accounting qualifications) and it was that acumen plus possibly a little celebrity that got him the gig at NRMA (I believe on the board wasn't it?).

Tony Mestrov has an excellent track record of turning around an industry in NSW that was really struggling.

I do honestly believe he has all the requirements, skills and knowledge to be an amazing CEO (long term for us), but 100% agree with you that his start has left a little to be desired (rainbows, gangs, Arthurson) - and I'm pretty shocked Dylan Walker confirmed none of the group have been spoken to about any of these (unless he's fibbing).

Despite my complaining, I also absolutely want to give him time to get acclimatised, and settled in.

Hopefully (being realistic) his focuses are culture, re-affirming the chains of command, recruitment & salary cap & go from there. Communication lines are important too.

I think as a fanbase, we are desperate and looking for a little hope, or light at the end of the tunnel for us to grab onto. I hope that's coming for us all very soon.
Mate Tooves is actually a Chartered Accountant......I agree with what you say but i just don't like Mestrov. I have a weird feeling he's gonna cause more problems than fix, however I do hope you're right about him.

Jeez tell us how you really feel

If that's true? I was told first hand mate. Which sadly means it was noted by the parties involved. I'd never mess with a thing like this. I'm just frankly disgusted by it.

We had a CEO (who knew about the funeral). Most of the club just around the corner while playing the Titans. The same CEO Dylan Walker confirmed hasn't spoken to the playing group about either the rainbow jerseys OR the gang issues.

What the **** is going on here ?
Yet another example of Manly looking after their past legends. Just ask Matai

I do love however it's galvanised quite a lot of the rest of the league (even Christians in the same religion) in support of inclusivity.

The entire roosters outfit, those few sharks players, the fee Panthers players making public comments.

Anyways, it's all good.

Not sure why our dumb dumb players are making gang signs after scoring a try in a game you get thrashed by the Titans. Kind of embarrassing for them.

The worst part in all this, is our better players are leaving and we've got 0 replacement. So this is as good as it gets.

Anyone hear Dylan Walkers interview? Has Tony Mestrov (or anyone else) spoken to the players about the jerseys or gang type behaviour ? His answer was no.

Says a lot. Unprofessional rabble.
I think they're pathetic.

I am absolutely disgusted in this club, team, coach, admin and the magnificent 7. I've been a supporter for 60 years and never witnessed anything like this rabble. I've been a member for decades and don't think I can support this poor excuse for an NRL team. We don't deserve to be in this competition and represent the North of Sydney. No new recruits, no future, same cattle selected dishing out the same sheet. I'm out.

Sorry mate but I'm so frustrated with this years outcome. We should be firmly entrenched in the Top 8 after last years showing yet we've been absolutely screwed with mind boggling bull$hit!
Yes we are all very frustrated I get that !!

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2