Pre-Game Manly v Titans [Round 9, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

10 26
4 Pines Park
29 Apr 2023 05:30 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Garrick gets his chance this week for his preferred position at centre
Woods dropped which on his performance on the weekend he should be and it shows there is competition for spots , Lawton back is good , Going by what DCE said in his presser Tom should have a week off and get ready for the bronco’s, Weekes will do the job
Should be a good game and if they have there mind on job for the full 80 the win will be there for the taking

He looked injured last week. Maybe you're right but I suspect a serious injury they are trying to down play.
The injuries are minor and the medical team would be doing everything they can to get him right, the club have clearly invested in him to lead this team around as a playmaker.

They can only do so much though, the rest is up to Josh in terms of being disciplined during his rehab and doing absolutely everything he can to get himself 100%

I thought DCE showed great support of Schuie today saying that he ‘has his back’, but also adding that only hard work will get him back playing NRL on a consistent basis.

The injuries are minor and the medical team would be doing everything they can to get him right, the club have clearly invested in him to lead this team around as a playmaker.

They can only do so much though, the rest is up to Josh in terms of being disciplined during his rehab and doing absolutely everything he can to get himself 100%

I thought DCE showed great support of Schuie today saying that he ‘has his back’, but also adding that only hard work will get him back playing NRL on a consistent basis.
Sounds like Cooper John’s is going to get a lot of game time, I laughed at his signing at the time but it’s genius now.

The Titans have a very good side , with some very good players , but have lapsed in their concentration at times in games.

I think the home advantage will win this , but they need to get this complacency bull**** out of their game.

You’d expect Sandwich to be at fullback, Tiopytoes at wing , John’s at 5/8 and Weekes to the bench.

Keppie to drop out.

Or it might be both Keppie & Woods and add Fainu in.
whos sandwich. geez we have some weird nicknames 😆

About the strongest side we could have named given our injuries. Not much point putting Schuster on the field if he's going to turn out another performance like he did last weekend, he needs to get right.

Garrick in the centres will be interesting.

Keppie needs to up his game if he wants to keep his spot in the 17.

I'm not a massive fan of Johns but he has been passable.

Yeah the DCE interview today saying he hopes Schu goes away and gets himself "right" is a worry too. Something more going on here than just an injury.
Yep, I agree with you @mickqld and @Woodsie about that DCE interview today. Its the words he uses about Schu, like going away and getting himself right, and he has a lot of work to do to get himself back into first grade. Also I don't think he used the word "injury" once when talking about Schu in the interview, which strikes me as odd. As you said, all this makes one think there's more going on than we know about.

He looked injured last week. Maybe you're right but I suspect a serious injury they are trying to down play.

Yep, I agree with you @mickqld and @Woodsie about that DCE interview today. Its the words he uses about Schu, like going away and getting himself right, and he has a lot of work to do to get himself back into first grade. Also I don't think he used the word "injury" once when talking about Schu in the interview, which strikes me as odd. As you said, all this makes one think there's more going on than we know about.

Seeing we're all guessing my guess is he was dropped on form and told to try to get a bit fitter so he'll actually be capable of playing first grade like we're paying him to do.

As I noted above, Schu is not on our injured list.

Seeing we're all guessing my guess is he was dropped on form and told to try to get a bit fitter so he'll actually be capable of playing first grade like we're paying him to do.

As I noted above, Schu is not on our injured list.
NRL.COM
Manly have copped a double blow with five-eighth Josh Schuster succumbing to another quad injury and Brad Parker (knee) also out for 3-4 weeks after undergoing knee surgery.

Superstar fullback Tom Trbojevic has been named after scans confirmed he sustained a minor groin strain against Wests Tigers and will be monitored in the lead-up to the match.

The Shu was clearly limping at the end of last weeks game

I do not believe in Flying saucer conspiracies

Believe what you will feathered friends :)

Earth vs. the Flying Saucers (1956) - Posters — The Movie Database (TMDb)

Let's warp back in time. It's 2019.

Round 11 and Manly have exceeded expectations in Hasler's 1st year back, with the same team left in a shambles by Trent, that almost fetched us our first spoon in 2018. Thankfully the Eels know how to **** the bed better than us.

We just beat the highly fancied Sharks - at their home ground - after they were 1 game short of the GF the previous year. Definitely not an expected victory - but one that produces expectations (like us beating the Storm...)

The Titans had just come off an abysmal loss against the Dogs. At home. And are now tied for last place. I'm not a bettting man, but i'm sure Sportsbet would have looked rosey for a home-team drubbing.

Sunny day at Fortress Brookvale which had fielded nought but wins - aside from that early-season Roosters 1st-half carve-up, where a 0-22 Half-time deficit became a courageous 18-26 defeat, the catalyst for some better results in the following weeks, no doubt - a moral victory despite the outcome.

Back to Rnd 11 vs Titans - 12-0 after 20-mins... whats that multiplied by 4? 48-0...yeah that'll do. We all expected it to be a cricket score. Then....Titans strike back twice in the last 5mins of the half. 12-10 half time. What...?

Then the Titans go to town. 5 tries in the 2nd half, we peg a couple back - but 18-36 full time. WTF just happened.

I like to reminisce of what complacency gets you in this game. It's closer than ever this year and the Titans put 26-pts on the Dolphins in the 1st half before they could blink. Panthers did that to us and we couldn't respond. Dolphins could - scared of Wayne's disapproving glare post-game? Who knows...some character for a 1st-year club.

Titans could do the same to us. Do we have the tenacity to strike back if they do? The Tigers game should have instilled some humility in the boys - and if not, then we'll be casualties in the games we are 'expected' to win, and even if we scrape into the 8 it will be a short-lived finals cameo.

Win and we are 2nd, taking on the team running 1st - who can't be overtaken this week regardless the results. 1vs2 magic round in Brisbane - Penn will get his blood-money. Lose to the Titans however. and we could drop out of the 8, and be the team Brisbane knows it should beat - with the home-town benefits.

It's a tight year, take nothing for granted. I hope the team doesn't squander their new-found home-ground form differential against a team like the Titans (like they did in 2019) - that would pretty much spell out the season for me as an also-ran pretender if they do.

When I listened to DCE's interview earlier today, I thought it was quite clear what he said about Schuster. However, I notice that his words are being interpreted in different ways. I understood that DCE was talking about Schuster's injury, 'it's never fun when you are in out of first grade for injuries, so, yeh, he has got time to work on his body & get himself right'. He also said 'it is not going to be easy for him to come back into first grade because he has been quite inconsistent in coming in and out'. Due to his injuries, Schuster hasn't yet established himself in the no. 6 position, but DCE stated that he is an integral part of the team.

My take on the Tigers game was that Schuster passed the pre game fitness tests, but was (re) injured very early. If there was utility on the bench, I think he would have been replaced early.

Game could be 40 to 30. Our fringe defence is scary. I imagine Foz will be targeting Kelma, Cooper, Garrick, Harper and Tui all game. God help us.

Game could be 40 to 30. Our fringe defence is scary. I imagine Foz will be targeting Kelma, Cooper, Garrick, Harper and Tui all game. God help us.
Foran plays on the left,I think Ola might be targeting Foran all night,if Foran takes it to the line I hope for his sake Ola does not kill him ....

Yep, I'm worried Foz will bamboozle our makeshift back line. If Turbo doesn't play (which I think most expect) is Weekes going to be able to organise the defence? I want to say yes but ....

Yep, I'm worried Foz will bamboozle our makeshift back line. If Turbo doesn't play (which I think most expect) is Weekes going to be able to organise the defence? I want to say yes but ....
He did well in the trial at fullback.

But it was only a trial......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8