Game Day: Manly v Warriors [Round 6, 2016]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Still think we will pay the price for not having an accomplished short and long range general play kicker in the halves.

With Moltzen and John also out, it would have been tempting to have considered Nicholas Hynes. He turns 20 in June. He is a big lump of a lad at 188cm and 90kg. If his field goal in the 20s semi is anything to go by, he can kick a ball. Anyone get the chance to see him play this year? Anyone know what his general kicking game is like?

I can agree with that Mateo offers that 2nd phase play but with Jake back he offers that so that could be the reasoning being Brown in Mateo out just a thought
Mateo offered very little in our last game as he was totally ineffective . If he works hard on his work rate and has the right attitude in NSW cup we will see him in the NRL again

Agree Newy!

Also regarding Matato, yes he can be an excellent ball playing forward but I think now the reserves are without a 5/8 they will trial Matato there and see how he goes. I would love him as 5/8 in first grade!!

Still think we will pay the price for not having an accomplished short and long range general play kicker in the halves.

With Moltzen and John also out, it would have been tempting to have considered Nicholas Hynes. He turns 20 in June. He is a big lump of a lad at 188cm and 90kg. If his field goal in the 20s semi is anything to go by, he can kick a ball. Anyone get the chance to see him play this year? Anyone know what his general kicking game is like?
Problem for Nicho is that the NYC are a rabble again without Heath as Coach.:cool:
His game is suffering as he tries to take on too much himself, in the few games I've watched.

Pearsall was a great stabilizer, but he has left and Pratt is in NSW Cup.

I fear that both lower grades are back to 2014 levels and Nicho's development will stall :(

I can see why Vossy has picked the Worriers, our key player out, at home and a lot at stake.

BUT they rarely win 3 in a row.

Manly in an upset by 4

This:

"Twenty-eight points conceded against the Roosters after 18 against the Knights is too many against the bottom two sides on the ladder."

Warriors clash
Wayne Cousins

Thu 7th April, 12:11PM
1459995381925.jpg

Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Coach Trent Barrett says the team has spoken about the importance of fixing their slow starts to a game.

The Sea Eagles left Sydney today for Saturday’s match against the Warriors at Mt Smart Stadium with Barrett bringing the full squad of players named on Tuesday.

Barrett said the Warriors were coming into form off their win over the Sydney Roosters last weekend and that getting off to a strong start was vital.

“We have let teams over the first month of the comp get out to a lead early and that’s something we need to fix,’’ Barrett said.

“It could be an attitude thing, it could be a personnel thing. We have talked about it as a group and we just need to get out there and settle into the game quicker.

“The harder the games seem to get, the better that this team goes. We just need to make sure we nail it for the 80 minutes.”

Barrett said the new halves combination of Apisai Koroisau and Dylan Walker had trained well after a full week together following their first game together in the loss to South Sydney last Thursday.

“There were things in and around what Api and Dylan were doing that we all need to improve. We can certainly help them out with some of the things we are doing off the ball for them,’’ Barrett said.

“Our kicking game needs to improve from last week too.”

Sick missus or not, Mateo didn't play anywhere near good enough last week to justify anything other than dropping him to the reggies.

At best he'd have only been dropped to the bench with T-Red and Jake back. His wife being crook and his not wanting to leave the country for a few days probably made the decision easier to leave him out of the side. Still, I hope she gets better soon.

We need to patch up our defence to win this games and keep the Warriors to minimum points as our halves are not creative enough for us to out score the Warriors.

We need to patch up our defence to win this games and keep the Warriors to minimum points as our halves are not creative enough for us to out score the Warriors.
Exactly. The Warriors tend to panic when they come up against solid, consistent defence - passes get pushed, balls get dropped and it can start to unravel for them. This seems to happen to them more than most - we just need to take advantage of it.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8