Manly vs Dragons MNF

RT @MERCURYEDITOR: BREAKING: I can confirm the Dragons v Sea Eagles game scheduled for Monday, June 27 WILL go ahead at Wollongong #nrl
Echofon • 7/06/11 4:39 PM

NRL Premiers Return To WIN Stadium For Top Of The Table Blockbuster
7/06/2011 4:54:33 PM
The Illawarra Venues Authority and St George Illawarra Dragons today stated that the much anticipated NRL Round 16 clash, against the Manly Sea Eagles, scheduled for Monday, June 27 at WIN Stadium, Wollongong, is proceeding as scheduled, under a comprehensive “early occupancy” program.

The first stage of the Western Grandstand redevelopment at WIN Stadium will see the lower tier accommodate more than 2200 members during the 2011 season, after the Dragons this week accepted assurances from the IVA, in consultation with the NSW Public Works and builders -Lipman Constructions, that this stage of the development will be ready for ‘early occupation’.

The early occupancy plan addresses the necessary operational and safety issues, as the Western Grandstand building program is not due for total completion until later this year. The early occupancy program is planned to ensure the safety and comfort of all patrons attending and the viability of staging what is likely to be one of the games of the season, as the defending Premiers return to Wollongong for their first game in over 12 months.

The lower tier of the new Western Grandstand will be available for use during the six home games the Dragons will play at WIN Stadium in 2011, providing 2240 reserved seats, new upgraded media facilities and temporary amenities.

Unfortunately due to the complexities in the building program the roof for the Western Grandstand is not planned to be completed and covered until the Dragons third home game at WIN Stadium this season, being the Round 21 fixture against the Rabbitohs, at the end of July. Dragons Membership staff will be in contact with all Red V Members that have seating allocation in the Western Grandstand over coming days to discuss the access and seating arrangements encompassed in the Early Occupancy Program.

“The Dragons scheduled our home games for Wollongong in November last year based on the advice and building program outlined by the IVA at that time,” said Dragons CEO Peter Doust.

“For some time now we have been working with the IVA to ensure that any early occupancy plan would be acceptable to all stakeholders, namely Corporate Partners, Red V Members, NRL, Television Broadcasters and customers alike.

In saying this, there are still some milestones to achieve and the IVA, Public Works and Lipman are committed to ensuring the necessary requirements will be completed.

Dragons Management, Corporate Partners and Red V Members have been dealing with building programs at our home venues, for a number of years now, and while the programs have presented difficulties to be overcome, from time to time, we are all pleased and excited about the improvements in the quality of facilities and amenities at our home venues, for the long term”.

IVA General Manager, Stuart Barnes said: “I ask patrons to be patient with the early occupancy arrangements, as the Western Grandstand is a ‘work in progress’. These arrangements have been suggested since the beginning of the project, to ensure that the Dragons can return to Wollongong in 2011 and the IVA thanks the Dragons, Lipman Constructions and the Project Managers, Public Works, for their co-operation in this process.

The final outcome of the finished Western Grandstand will see a huge step-up in patron, media and corporate facilities (all on the most popular viewing aspect of the Stadium – the side of the ground) and one that will offer a higher degree of comfort for all concerned.

Not only will this give WIN Stadium the ability to host more major events in Wollongong, by complying with venue criteria from major codes, but will provide a great facility for the community to watch local competitions, in comfort and with great visibility”

http://www.dragons.com.au/?s=article-display&id=37722

It must be so inconvenient having millions of dollars spent on upgrades to your stadium.

vidmar said:
Ticking 'em off one by one mate...
Thanks for coming over and accepting a beer from me at the Caxton, I felt blessed...
Your turn on Saturday? See the barefoot promo and bring the boys?

Will be working sat sorry. We have to move out of our bulk storage warehouse and try and fit the stuff into our other two warehouses.

Need a tardis :(. No way will it fit.

I reckon the game will be a sell out so for those that can make it I'd suggest getting tickets sooner rather than later.

The MWTS will be on the Hill and will advise more details as we get closer but in the meantime for those wanting to join us get GA tickets here

http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/show.aspx?sh=DRAG1611

There are no details as yet re a supporters bus BUT due to the venue and timing of the game it would be wise not to rely on us getting the numbers to justify a bus going however I'm sure Larissa will look at the best options for us and advise us soon.

If you are intending on going maybe post on here so we can get indicative numbers?

Me and JonesyV2 are in.

Jerry1 I feel your pain mate - I'm moving house this weekend and ebay shoppers and the wider community have benefited enormously as a result of my cast off furniture. The game on Saturday will be a welcome respite from unpacking.

Hey Vid.... I'm in, but I wouldn't be on the bus, I would drive straight from work down there.

Bought my ticket last night, noticed that all grandstand seating sold out (not that I wanted to sit there anyway)

I'm weighing up the options, but considering going down and staying the night. Not sure how many of my regular crew I can convince if I decide to go.

Also, big call Vid to suggest a sell out on a late June Monday night, but you could be right the locals have been starved of footy for a while down there.

I've just got our tickets and Ticketek is showing Cat 1,2 & 3 allocation is "exhausted" (but this may be until they sort out their members) so only GA tickets available for sale - they are not offering an email or mail delivery service for tickets and they need to be collected at a city box office.
Larissa is chasing things up with their membership team so will update mwse members with ticket info as it becomes updated but thought it worth letting people know in the meantime...

It will be packed.. most the tickets are freebies down this way.. my mates mate got 4 from some promo down here (there`s dozens of them ).. & they are grandstand seats as well, so thats where i`ll be ..

You watch by next week Harvey`s here at warrawong will have some deal where you buy a lcd tv or a lap top you will receive a double pass to the 1st game at Win..

Hi all,

Just spoke with Dragons HQ.

As Vidmar said, all reserved seating is currently exhausted beacuse they are relocating their members who have seats that are not yet constucted. Once this process has taken place they will put anything left up for sale. No guarentee how many seats will be left, or when these will be available.

Due to the complications associated with their building delays, they will not have a dedicated Manly supporters bay for our game. Our members and fans are encouraged to purchase GA tickets and congregate there.

The ticket delivery options are regular mail, venue pick up or city box office collection. Dragons HQ are clarifying this with Ticketek now to make sure these are definately available.

Later today we will set up the Supporters Bus booking form on the website. Whether the bus runs or not will depend on numbers.

Any other questions, feel free to drop us a line at [email protected] or give Nat, Matt or I a call on 02 9970 3000

Go Manly!

Larissa

Thanks for the help Larissa -

If purchasing soon be advised that the Ticketek "buy now" page only allows city pick up for tickets and gives a message "General Admission tickets cannot be delivered by Regular Mail" at the moment - This may change once the Dragons have spoken to them?

"City pick up" (and there is a list of addresses on the site) means the card holder needs to go to the venue to collect

Yes, Yes, finally someone else who feels the same way as I do about Manlys clash against the Dragons in Round 16. I was all fired up weeks ago about being able to see Manly play at Win Stadium until I learnt that it was gonna be played on Monday Night at 7pm. I really want to see them play but I won't be able to if it's a night game. The thought of watching the game on Pay Tv, knowing full well that their just drive away, I'm gonna go crazy. That's why I want them to move the game upto Kogarah. I don't want them coming down here when I won't be able to see them play.

I'm hoping to still go but just depends if I can get a lift down there or not.. and getting the supporter bus would be an extra hour on my journey (driving to Manly from western suburbs). I hope to still go :)

Jatz Crackers said:
The Eagle said:
Im leaving from western sydney myself

You would be better off removing the word "from" from that sentence.

You would be better off removing the words 'You would be better off removing the word "from" from' from that sentence and instead inserting the words, 'I don't understand what you mean by'. Just my 2 cents worth…

Team P W L PD Pts
2 2 0 36 4
2 2 0 26 4
2 2 0 23 4
2 2 0 19 4
2 2 0 12 4
2 1 1 13 2
2 1 1 10 2
2 1 1 3 2
2 1 1 0 2
2 1 1 0 2
2 1 1 -14 2