Manly vs Dragons MNF

Yeah, read that in the Mecury, apparently the council and government are pissed now, which may make it harder for other teams to secure funding.

Thanks very much you bastards.

lloydy said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:
Dragons Rnd 16, 1-13:
Boyd, Morris, Gasnier, Stanley, Nightingale, Soward, Hornby, Hunt, Young, Weyman, Merrin, Creagh, Prior.
bench: Green, Fien, Cuthbertson, Greenfield, Bosden, McKinnon (two to be omitted).

That is a solid side which is good, I don't want my dragons mates saying "yeah you beat us but we had heaps of players out" bring it on I can't wait!

Damn Morris is in i was hoping that Peni Tagive was filling in again on the wing as we could target him all day,run at him,send kicks to him etc....In saying that i'm glad we are playing them at full strength cos when we smash em it won't be "but they had all their best players out"

Referees: Shayne Hayne and Gavin Badger; Touch Judges: Paul Holland and Ricky MacFarlane; Video Referee: Sean Hampstead

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
Manly side to take on St George

http://www.mwse.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=38238&title=team-lists---round-16

Is Joe Galuvao really gonna play with a broken hand?

RE: Manly side to take on St George

Gotta hand it to Joe, one tough man.
(But don't let him cross his fingers, that would hurt.)

Des always names the same side when we play on a Monday. It will change.

Maybe Joe has volunteered to do a Vic Mauro and sit on the bench for the entire 80 minutes.

Joe is T-1000 in Terminator 2, his hand melted and repaired it self soon after full time.

From Manly Daily

Galuvao’s sacrifice was demonstrated after the battle as he sat on the floor in the dressing room with his injured hand immersed in an ice bucket.

But results of scans on Tuesday cleared him of a broken hand, meaning he should be fit for Monday’s blockbuster against the Dragons.

It was some rare good news for the Eagles forward pack as the injury toll mounts.

“My hand is still a bit tender but it is not too bad,” Galuvao said.

The Wheel said:
From Manly Daily

Galuvao’s sacrifice was demonstrated after the battle as he sat on the floor in the dressing room with his injured hand immersed in an ice bucket.

But results of scans on Tuesday cleared him of a broken hand, meaning he should be fit for Monday’s blockbuster against the Dragons.

It was some rare good news for the Eagles forward pack as the injury toll mounts.

“My hand is still a bit tender but it is not too bad,” Galuvao said.

That is a massive plus if its correct. Bring on the Dragons!!

Bringing Joe to Manly has been yet another master stroke by Dessie. There were plenty who were critical of the club for signing him, but he has been fantastic. Great news that there was no break in his hand.

bones said:
Bringing Joe to Manly has been yet another master stroke by Dessie. There were plenty who were critical of the club for signing him, but he has been fantastic. Great news that there was no break in his hand.

I had no opinion on the matter at the time, but I think people were critical because there was some comment made about not wanting to play so far away from his home.

You're right about it being another master stroke by The Man!

bones said:

I recall having serious doubts about him. At the time there were reports about how he was tentative on joining us because he would have to drive so far for training & time away from family etc. Couldnt help but think that this wasnt going to work out & we had purchasing a journeyman in for one last payday. How wrong that was & how good has he been. Stay another year Joe.

so dragons at fullstrength minus Cooper?

ahh Creagh and Scott too. Hmm id rather them at full strength

Brookie4eva said:
DSM5 said:
How much did we, that taxpayers, put in for their six home games?

Firstly, it may not be six games at The Gong from next year onwards ....

http://www.illawarramercury.com.au/news/local/news/general/labor-mps-demand-dragons-games-pledge/2199881.aspx

But it was $29 million to upgrade the stadium.

Sooo,after a few years as the "St George/Illawarra Dragons",it looks like the "Dragons" bit wants to gravitate back to the city.Should be MADE to play 1/2 their games at the 'gong,and to change their brand to "Illawarra Dragons",or "St George Steelers".(making the brand a fair 1/2 1/2 merge-same as Balmain/Wests and Manly/Norths did when they merged).Either that,or pay back the ground renovations to the relevant authorities who ponied up!

Team P W L PD Pts
2 2 0 36 4
2 2 0 26 4
2 2 0 23 4
2 2 0 19 4
2 2 0 12 4
2 1 1 13 2
2 1 1 10 2
2 1 1 3 2
2 1 1 0 2
2 1 1 0 2
2 1 1 -14 2