Maroon & White News - Football CLub Members

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I find myself wondering what it will take for them to leave. Can't imagine there's any joy in owning our club when there is very little good will for them. I vaguely think I heard there's personal millions there for them in the sale of something. Apart from that though, what will it take for them to get out?

My dream is that they turn on Zorba.
They won't sell till the Brookie development is kyboshed by the rate payers of Warringah@:cool:
Which it will be , due to lack of transport infrastructure. But these lobbyings take years.

Just recently, in DY the Rate payers kyboshed a 15 storey Council approved development in the Land&Environment Court.:) It has been fought over for 10+ years.

Getting Brookie into a State Trust would be beneficial for us and the Council though.

Getting a 20 storey development at Brookvale Park would be a financial windfall for the Penn Group :cool:
Even more lucrative than the LC land purchase.

We live in interesting times:confused:

Well obviously it got to a point where the Football Club Board felt it had to release something to correct the record. It's the owners and Zorba who have aired the club's dirty linen publicly over the last couple of years. About time the fans got to see the other (most probably factual) side of the story.

I love:-
Final Word
As we have said previously, since the ownership change last year, the Football Club Board has made all efforts to work constructively and harmoniously with the owners and new management.

Then:-
Release an article completely disagreeing with Penn / Zorba publicly.

Wow.
The Media releases originated from the Zorba and Penn News Ltd articles.
The FC fields countless calls about retention, 2v, juniors.
So this formal statement for their Members should answer their position on the matters aired in the Media in the previous week.

It is the right of anyone incorrectly portrayed in the Media to correct it.

Last edited:
I'm a member but I still have to wait another year until I can vote (it's a three-year qualification). I'm very pleased the Football Club has issued this newsletter as it clears up a lot of the nonsense leaked to the media by factions that don;t seem to have the best interests of the club at heart.
I believe the members of the Football Club do have this, and I'll support them. I am sure that the overwhelming majority of supporters on this Forum support them too.

I think player signing and retention will be a good gauge of the Penns intentions towards the club. I'm not expecting some millionaire buying spree but if everything is bargain basement then I'd say it's probably fair to assume that finances will always override genuine love for the club....yes I'm aware that any good business model should be run diligently but you can't always put a monitory price on passion.

I am a voting member of the footy club and joined for the reason that I did want a vote in where we played and what we wore. I was impressed when I got this email from them last night. I am sure that there is more truth in this than the **** we see from Penns, Zorba or Telegraph.

Just signed up officially a member of the Football Club :)

Pics or it didn't happen!

lol, nah just kidding. Keep in mind the 3 years till voting doesn't start from when you joined up...it seems to start from the 'next' full year (jan 2016 I guess). But now you're a 'true' supporter!!!

:giggle::party::party::party::clap:

Definately worth being a FC member.
$25 isnt much in the big schem.e of things
As it was explained to me, we as members have no voting rights on anything Penn and his cronies do. Or we are is a voice on a board that is controlled by Penn. He can basically do what he wants as the owner of Manly Sea Eagles.

Lol I'm a supporter of the FC but I agree with @bones this is kind of inflammatory. To say you want things to work cooperatively but to take potshots is stupid and vindictive. Just take the moral highground. This has been the problem for years with our board no one wants to concede. They preach cooperation but then bag each other.

The part that I don't think they should have touched with a 10ft pole was the junior development. Because correct me if I'm wrong but they justified the buying of shares but then didn't say they had tipped any dollars into junior league. They just said that they support it and the holden cup side did well yada yada. And then they spoke about players promoted 15 years ago lol. It was a good shot at Peters but if you don't have evidence of financial commitment they probably should have just piped down. Because money is what our junior league needs. It would have looked much better to just say "its fantastic that the club is financially contributing to the junior league system and we will do whatever we can to support this endeavour and the promotion of junior rugby league on the northern beaches."

You know if they legitimately want a united front lol. Let zorba look like the petty grub he is don't stoop.

As it was explained to me, we as members have no voting rights on anything Penn and his cronies do. Or we are is a voice on a board that is controlled by Penn. He can basically do what he wants as the owner of Manly Sea Eagles.
The FC Member Voting Rights relates to
* who the directors are of the Football Club
* general business such as Life Membership allocation
* how the Preference Share owned by the MWDRLFC in the Manly Sea Eagles Franchise (Ground,emblem,Colours) is exercised.

The FC has 2 votes on the Manly Sea Eagles Franchise, they represent our, the FC Members, directives.
As the Penns now control the other 5 votes, you are correct in stating that FC Members have zero direct influence,

The Preference Share, that is why the FC Membership is crucial for Manly Supporters.@:cool:

http://membership.manlyfootballclub.com.au/

Great read:
http://www.manlyfootballclub.com.au/documents/2014%20MWRLFC%20Annual%20Report.pdf

Last edited:
Lol I'm a supporter of the FC but I agree with @bones this is kind of inflammatory. To say you want things to work cooperatively but to take potshots is stupid and vindictive. Just take the moral highground. This has been the problem for years with our board no one wants to concede. They preach cooperation but then bag each other.

The part that I don't think they should have touched with a 10ft pole was the junior development. Because correct me if I'm wrong but they justified the buying of shares but then didn't say they had tipped any dollars into junior league. They just said that they support it and the holden cup side did well yada yada. And then they spoke about players promoted 15 years ago lol. It was a good shot at Peters but if you don't have evidence of financial commitment they probably should have just piped down. Because money is what our junior league needs. It would have looked much better to just say "its fantastic that the club is financially contributing to the junior league system and we will do whatever we can to support this endeavour and the promotion of junior rugby league on the northern beaches."

You know if they legitimately want a united front lol. Let zorba look like the petty grub he is don't stoop.
The Manly Junior Rugby League has been running independently and successfully :
http://www.foxsportspulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?c=0-2150-0-0-0&sID=165125

The MWDRLFC was a branch of the MWLC. As Super League bankrupted the LC, they lost all funding from the LC and the Juniors, that they had previously financed, set themselves up independently.

The newly formed Junior setup by the Bozo and his Family is in fact redundant. But at least he is actively involved in the arena. (March 26,2015 inception)

If this isn't sticking the boot in, i don't know what is.....

'United' they stand, divided they fall.

This at its core is pretty pissy.

The truest thing that's been written about Tooves is that he operates in a results driven business and that and only that will determine his fate. I have no problem with Penn saying that if we have a ****ty year that him and Tooves will have a conversation. I'd expect that in any industry.

This at its core is pretty pissy.

The truest thing that's been written about Tooves is that he operates in a results driven business and that and only that will determine his fate. I have no problem with Penn saying that if we have a ****ty year that him and Tooves will have a conversation. I'd expect that in any industry.
Agree but other factors need to be taken into account before punting someone like Tooves. can't ignore the injuries and also the effect DCE and Foran has had on the team. They can't put all the blame on Tooves and make him the scapegoat for this year.

Thanks for posting @HappilyManly.........!!!

This just confirms my thoughts all along. Penn and Zorba will cut off their nose to spite their face, (just to appease their over inflated ego's and to prove a petty point). They have no real care for the truth, the fans or what is in best interests of the club.

I love:-
Final Word
As we have said previously, since the ownership change last year, the Football Club Board has made all efforts to work constructively and harmoniously with the owners and new management.

Then:-
Release an article completely disagreeing with Penn / Zorba publicly.

Wow.
Don't see the issue with that. Obviously they disagree with past events as reported by Penn and Zorba and wish to state their position clearly and for the record. They have no choice but to try to work "constructively and harmoniously" as they have virtually no influence on the outcome of most decisions. I my opinion their view on a single owner model is spot on.

Their charter is quite simple and they have nothing to lose in trying to set the record straight rather than sit back and witness the apparent scorched earth policy of Penn and Zorba.

Agree but other factors need to be taken into account before punting someone like Tooves. can't ignore the injuries and also the effect DCE and Foran has had on the team. They can't put all the blame on Tooves and make him the scapegoat for this year.
Yeah I know but that will cover only so much of the performance.

Our coaching/training staff has big questions to answer around conditioning and poor adaption to rule changes around the ruck. You watch and can see as our poorly conditioned team gets tired around 60 minutes and the penalties for holding on too long in tackles mount.

Tooves needs to stop looking to blame refs (tried again on the weekend) and address these issues.

Me too. It also explains the post by the MWTS in my Facebook news feed last night. I was puzzled as to why the football club had to put out a "Position Statement".

It's being shared a fair bit on Social media, most of the Manly related pages/ groups have posted it.

As to the why I guess the best person to answer that is Vidmar ( whom I'm sure will be reading these comments).

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6