Maroon & White News - Football CLub Members

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I never buy papers any more, and 80% of my Manly info comes from here but I must admit I'm surprised this release didn't make any major sports news last night , or today.

Given the medias propensity to " kick Manly in the guts" at every opportunity I thought they'd be all over it.

Perhaps it's because we are stone motherless last, and looking like we will be that way for a fair while that they don't care any more?

I had inadvertently, let my FC membership lapse but signed up again after reading the email. It's odd to think that, I support the football club but not the majority owners. It seems like a long time, since we were just 1 united club.

I never buy papers any more, and 80% of my Manly info comes from here but I must admit I'm surprised this release didn't make any major sports news last night , or today.

Given the medias propensity to " kick Manly in the guts" at every opportunity I thought they'd be all over it.

Perhaps it's because we are stone motherless last, and looking like we will be that way for a fair while that they don't care any more?
Don't worry Mark, there are still more Manly stories in Sydney papers than for another club. Almost all of them are negative, but better to be talked about than regarded as not important enough to be written about. In every intriguing plot there has to be a baddie. We are it. I'm surprised the NRL hasn't asked us to change our colours to black on black.

I had inadvertently, let my FC membership lapse but signed up again after reading the email. It's odd to think that, I support the football club but not the majority owners. It seems like a long time, since we were just 1 united club.
To be fair to the Business Owners of Manly, it is a bottom line for them and not operation for the sake of the population on the Peninsula.

Prior to Super League, Manly, like the other Sydney Clubs, was a not for profit community group. So community involvement was their only agenda .@:cool: Simple times :inlove:

Not arguing with you Eaglesss but a point of clarification because people keep bringing this up but as a result of the club constitution no one can move more than 2 games a year to an alternate venue.

Personally I think quantum and Phil sydney have a lot to answer for. Way back to all the business with des. And if DCE was signed and sealed by quantum why isn't there any documentation. There seems to be a lot of unexplained stuff over the years. They had the controlling interest because the fc was voting with them. I don't wish family rifts upon people but I hope penn falls out with his in law zorba. I feel like if it was just penn there'd be less problems
For once we may agree on something!!! I agree where is Phil Sidney at this time? I know its because his shares went down and he was losing money, but why did he buy into the club knowing his share holders would not agree with it? Then leaves us in the lurch.

I am not sure that Penns alone can run the club, but 100% agree they need to rid of Zorba as he has always been the disease at the club. When they got rid of him before he wouldn't go away anyway and kept feeding his mates Dean Ritchie and Phil Rothfield lied about the club. So heres hoping if they do get rid of him the lies won't continue. It's not what we need right now.
We need an investor with a lot of $$ to either buy shares with Penns and give them some fresh ideas and help them out of this mess or we need someone to solely buy them out that has the clubs best interest at heart. I don't believe the Penn family do.

There's two things that could be happening.

1) The Penns are astute, Know what's going on, have a plan but aren't too keen for all and sundry to know about it.

2) The Penns are in deeper than the Titanic and NFI of what's going on or more the point how to fix the **** they are in.

Actually there could be a third , they had a plan but item 2 now applies.

Given their obvious business acumen I'm prepared to cut them some slack, it's early days and all could end reasonably well.

As to a timeline for that , well it would be nice to know that we indeed have a team playing in 2016 that will be competitive, so is suggest by November at the latest.

Prior to Super League, Manly, like the other Sydney Clubs, was a not for profit community group. So community involvement was their only agenda .@:cool: Simple times :inlove:
(begin rant)
there are only two things in life that I hate...
one of them is tripe...
The other is Rupert Murdoch, his freaking super league and anything to do with that wart on the ar$e of humanity.
I just will not ever have foxtel. how dare that turd expect us to pay him to watch our game!!!

The great thing about being older is that you can remember (I still can...I hope) the good old days...
(end of rant!)

Last edited:
For once we may agree on something!!! I agree where is Phil Sidney at this time? I know its because his shares went down and he was losing money, but why did he buy into the club knowing his share holders would not agree with it? Then leaves us in the lurch.

I am not sure that Penns alone can run the club, but 100% agree they need to rid of Zorba as he has always been the disease at the club. When they got rid of him before he wouldn't go away anyway and kept feeding his mates Dean Ritchie and Phil Rothfield lied about the club. So heres hoping if they do get rid of him the lies won't continue. It's not what we need right now.
We need an investor with a lot of $$ to either buy shares with Penns and give them some fresh ideas and help them out of this mess or we need someone to solely buy them out that has the clubs best interest at heart. I don't believe the Penn family do.
I thought you'd like that @Eaglessss

See I'm not a bad guy.

...........I'm just misunderstood :rofl:

There were rumours that Kaspersky wanted to buy Qantum's shares in the club.

I wonder if anyone knows if this was true and if so they should have bought the whole club

Just joined too

Thought i had been member since 2011 but obviously not on a recurring membership....
You should be able to just auto renew each year. That's what happens with me. They just me the new card and then never have to think about it.

It doesn't fit their agenda ... it probably supports that it ismore likely the truth than the **** the telegraph write.

there are only two things in life that I hate...
one of them is tripe...
The other is Rupert Murdoch, his freaking super league and anything to do with that wart on the ar$e of humanity.
I just will not ever have foxtel. how dare that turd expect us to pay Him to watch our game!!!

The great thing about being older is that you can remember (I hope) the good old days...
(end of rant!)

The good old days, now you are talking!!

I've said this before, but people don't listen. Don't confuse Sidney's private wealth with quantum's share price.

There were rumours that Kaspersky wanted to buy Qantum's shares in the club.

I wonder if anyone knows if this was true and if so they should have bought the whole club
They probably asked Penn / Zorba if any shares were for sale.

Don't forget at the Football Club's last election where if the rival ticket got up, all of the cash the Football club would have gone to the Leagues Club, which I assume was to stop the Football Club buying up shares. I wonder how much $$ they need to end up with a 51% stake of the Sea Eagles?
I also recall Bob Fulton on air at the time having a go at the Football Club for not supporting the Juniors. It was quite compelling when the Preso of the Juniors piped up and quoted the support received from the Football Club and that no support came from the Sea Eagles, either financially or spiritually.
I think I am ready to vote this year, so it will be important to vote each year so the Football Club can remain autonomous.

I've said this before, but people don't listen. Don't confuse Sidney's private wealth with quantum's share price.
But being the owner of a buisness its all his money/wealth really.
His share holders weren't happy he invested in Manly and his money situation that I've heard was not good either that's why he sold out without telling any one.

Kaspersky were in on it because he does buisness with then in China. So him leaving I would say is main reason they've left to.

Don't forget at the Football Club's last election where if the rival ticket got up, all of the cash the Football club would have gone to the Leagues Club, which I assume was to stop the Football Club buying up shares. I wonder how much $$ they need to end up with a 51% stake of the Sea Eagles?
I also recall Bob Fulton on air at the time having a go at the Football Club for not supporting the Juniors. It was quite compelling when the Preso of the Juniors piped up and quoted the support received from the Football Club and that no support came from the Sea Eagles, either financially or spiritually.
I think I am ready to vote this year, so it will be important to vote each year so the Football Club can remain autonomous.
That's just not true I know coaches in those junior systems. The sea eagles funds all the junior rep teams. And they fund individual tournaments. There's a schools comp funded that killers name is attached to and another couple. I'm not defending individuals this has been going on for years (the funding) im just saying that info is incorrect.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6