massive cleanout at season's end

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

tick who should be cleaned out

• boyle OFF CONTRACT

Votes: 157 87.7%
  • parker OFF CONTRACT

Votes: 95 53.1%
  • cust

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • sipley OFF CONTRACT

Votes: 5 2.8%
  • foran OFF CONTRACT (club option)

Votes: 74 41.3%
  • Suli

Votes: 70 39.1%
  • Fainu

Votes: 12 6.7%
  • Marty

Votes: 75 41.9%
  • Croker OFF CONTRACT

Votes: 166 92.7%
  • siro OFF CONTRACT

Votes: 82 45.8%
  • Funa OFFCONTRACT (I think)

Votes: 15 8.4%
  • Jetski OFF CONTRACT

Votes: 166 92.7%
  • harper

Votes: 10 5.6%
  • Walker OFF CONTRACT

Votes: 86 48.0%
  • Jorge OFF CONTRACT

Votes: 147 82.1%
  • garrick OFF CONTRACT

Votes: 70 39.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Marty and Suli scoring well even though they are not off contract!
I made my choices, before the contract details were added, based on form, history and value going forward and these 2 are the only ones i chose that are not off-contract. They really need to go but I doubt Suli would be picked up freight-free by anyone. It would bother me to throw away money but I would be ok paying 50-100k of his freight if he is on the reported 400k. Marty will get picked up freight free one would think.

Just noticed this from another post and a penny dropped.

How have we never given Morgan Boyle the nickname of "Susan"?

I know some of the players haven't been doing their jobs, but neither have we. I mean, apart from the name, the resemblance is uncanny:

OIP.IvHPN7Ty8yCJcu-pYP8TqAAAAA
Susan's got a bigger moustache than our Morgan!

I'm simply glad it's not just me with GoJetSki... don't see his value going forward as he doesn't make good yards, doesn't get quick play-the-balls and does not have good ball playing skills...

add injuries and errors and I am not sure why he is a Dessie favourite...

I know some of the players haven't been doing their jobs, but neither have we. I mean, apart from the name, the resemblance is uncanny:

Gee I have heard him referred to on ST as Susan many, many, many, many (well you get the idea) times....

not sure who the posters were but it was enough that I just assumed that it was his accepted nickname...

EDIT: Quick search makes me think that @ricardo @simon64 @Kiwi Eagle and @Mark from Brisbane were among the early users... and probably @The Who as he/she loves a nickname...

Last edited:
Best case scenario:
Fainu is found not guilty

Letting go of Boyle, Croker, Foran, Jetski, Suli*, Tapau* & Walker at the end of this season (* still contracted) would free up a bit of coin & leave us with a good squad of 23, allowing us to bring some more promising juniors through & buy a backrower or 2.

(grouped by position & in no particular order thereafter):

1. Turbo (back up from group below)

2. Garrick
3. Saab
4. Funa
5. Harper
6. Parker
7. Taufua
8. Tuipulotu

9. Schuster
10. DCE
11. Cust (halves back up)

12. Fainu
13. Lawton

14. Aloiai
15. Davey (could also play backrow)
16. Keppie
17. Paseka
18. Saddler (could also play backrow)
19. Sipley

20. Jurbo (should move to prop)
21. Olakau'atu
22. Sirro
23. Burbo

24. ?
25 ?
26. ?
27. ?
28. ?
29. ?
30. ?

I’m not naive’: Foran says ball is in his court as mass cull looms at Manly

Veteran Manly five-eighth Kieran Foran knows the ball is in his court if he wants to continue his career beyond this season.​

The Sea Eagles could part ways with Foran after just one season as the struggling club looks to rebuild its roster.

Fellow Manly players Martin Taupau, Curtis Sironen, Jorge Taufua, Tevita Funa, Reuben Garrick, Dylan Walker and Morgan Boyle are all facing uncertain futures.

Foran turns 31 in July, but he still feels like he has plenty to offer at the Sea Eagles or elsewhere in the NRL if he continues to perform.
The former New Zealand Test star’s first preference is to remain at Manly, even though the club has signed projected future five-eighth Josh Schuster until the end of the 2024 season.

“It has been great coming back here to Manly – I’ve thoroughly enjoyed it so far,” said Foran, who has played 219 NRL games dating back to 2009.

“Look, providing I can stay injury-free and play good footy and bring something to this club, then of course I want to continue to play as long as I can play.

“It is a great game, and it is a great privilege that we get to be involved in such a great sport.

“But I’m not naive about it either, I know it is a result-based business and you need to produce on a weekly basis.”

The increased speed of the game has made it difficult for all players, but Foran insists his ageing body is holding up well.

He attributes a strong pre-season under Manly coach Des Hasler and respected conditioner Don Singe for helping him find peak fitness.

“I’m feeling really good,” he said.

“I’ve worked really hard over the pre-season along with the other guys to strengthen the areas I needed in my body, so I’m holding up really well.

“The game has become incredibly quick, but my body seems to be pulling up pretty well after each game and recovering well for the next week.

“It is just about building confidence now. It has been a tough start to the season for us, so I think all of us have been a bit down on confidence.

“But we are starting to play some good footy as a group, so if you do that you never know what can happen.”

Foran believes a key to Manly’s success will be the hard work of Hasler – a man he credits for igniting his career when he made his NRL debut with the Sea Eagles in 2009.

“My admiration for Dessie is very high, and I’ve always loved his style of coaching and philosophies around rugby league,” he said.

“So, to come back to not only this club, but to be back under Des has definitely put a smile on my face.

“I’m really enjoying being back here, it is a great bunch of guys and it is a special club.”

My side next year, and you build around this:

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jason Saab
03. Dylan Walker
06. Josh Schuster
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Marty Taupau
09. Manase Fainu
10. Taniela Paseka
11. Andrew Davey
11. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Karl Lawton
15. Josh Aloiai
16. Sean Keppie
17. Haumole Olakau'atu

Try and get a very high end centre and winger. I'll throw an example in:

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jason Saab
03. Dylan Walker
04. Katoni Staggs
05. Daniel Tupou
06. Josh Schuster
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Marty Taupau
09. Manase Fainu
10. Taniela Paseka
11. Andrew Davey
11. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Karl Lawton
15. Josh Aloiai
16. Sean Keppie
17. Haumole Olakau'atu

I’m not naive’: Foran says ball is in his court as mass cull looms at Manly​

Veteran Manly five-eighth Kieran Foran knows the ball is in his court if he wants to continue his career beyond this season.​

The Sea Eagles could part ways with Foran after just one season as the struggling club looks to rebuild its roster.

Fellow Manly players Martin Taupau, Curtis Sironen, Jorge Taufua, Tevita Funa, Reuben Garrick, Dylan Walker and Morgan Boyle are all facing uncertain futures.

Foran turns 31 in July, but he still feels like he has plenty to offer at the Sea Eagles or elsewhere in the NRL if he continues to perform.
The former New Zealand Test star’s first preference is to remain at Manly, even though the club has signed projected future five-eighth Josh Schuster until the end of the 2024 season.

“It has been great coming back here to Manly – I’ve thoroughly enjoyed it so far,” said Foran, who has played 219 NRL games dating back to 2009.

“Look, providing I can stay injury-free and play good footy and bring something to this club, then of course I want to continue to play as long as I can play.

“It is a great game, and it is a great privilege that we get to be involved in such a great sport.

“But I’m not naive about it either, I know it is a result-based business and you need to produce on a weekly basis.”

The increased speed of the game has made it difficult for all players, but Foran insists his ageing body is holding up well.

He attributes a strong pre-season under Manly coach Des Hasler and respected conditioner Don Singe for helping him find peak fitness.

“I’m feeling really good,” he said.

“I’ve worked really hard over the pre-season along with the other guys to strengthen the areas I needed in my body, so I’m holding up really well.

“The game has become incredibly quick, but my body seems to be pulling up pretty well after each game and recovering well for the next week.

“It is just about building confidence now. It has been a tough start to the season for us, so I think all of us have been a bit down on confidence.

“But we are starting to play some good footy as a group, so if you do that you never know what can happen.”

Foran believes a key to Manly’s success will be the hard work of Hasler – a man he credits for igniting his career when he made his NRL debut with the Sea Eagles in 2009.

“My admiration for Dessie is very high, and I’ve always loved his style of coaching and philosophies around rugby league,” he said.

“So, to come back to not only this club, but to be back under Des has definitely put a smile on my face.

“I’m really enjoying being back here, it is a great bunch of guys and it is a special club.”

We are seeing Foran at "peak fitness"?
We are farked.

Guy looks like he's 90 getting around the field.

We are seeing Foran at "peak fitness"?
We are farked.

Guy looks like he's 90 getting around the field.
Talk is cheap feathered friend
At the end of the day it is all about where these players take our club at the end of the season

It is all about them proving to us their value by consistently performing and competing with the best for us to become the best once again where our proud legendary club belongs

Only stupid and foolish organisations keep under performers who drag them down to their level

At the moment we are where we are because of who those players are

Our NRL 30 players represent this NRL Ladder below

2021 LADDER​

TeamPWDLPDPts
1Panthers550011410
2Roosters5401948
3Rabbitohs5401838
4Dragons5401428
5Eels5401368
6Storm5302706
7Titans5302456
8Raiders5302136
9Sharks5203184
10Warriors5203-94
11Knights5203-194
12Broncos5104-592
13Tigers5104-662
14Cowboys5104-1012
15Sea Eagles5104-1212
16Bulldogs5005-1400

Last edited:
THIS IS NOT PERFORMANCE

ANY PLAYER OR COACH THAT PUTS THEIR HAND OUT TO GET PAID BY THESE CLUBS DOWN THE BOTTOM OF THE LADDER SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF THEM SELVES

2020 LADDER​

TeamPWDLPDPts
1Panthers550011410
2Roosters5401948
3Rabbitohs5401838
4Dragons5401428
5Eels5401368
6Storm5302706
7Titans5302456
8Raiders5302136
9Sharks5203184
10Warriors5203-94
11Knights5203-194
12Broncos5104-592
13Tigers5104-662
14Cowboys5104-1012
15Sea Eagles5104-1212
16Bulldogs5005-1400

Gee I have heard him referred to on ST as Susan many, many, many, many (well you get the idea) times....

not sure who the posters were but it was enough that I just assumed that it was his accepted nickname...

EDIT: Quick search makes me think that @ricardo @simon64 @Kiwi Eagle and @Mark from Brisbane were among the early users... and probably @The Who as he/she loves a nickname...
Not sure how I missed that. I thought we'd settled on "Lance". In that case, I take back my criticism: we forumites have definitely been doing our job. It's the players who have been letting us down.

WE ARE NOT AN AMATURE SACRED HEARTS SOCIAL BOYS CLUB

WE ARE A PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL CLUB

WITH A PROUD LEGENDARY REPUTATION TO UPHOLD

I called him susan boyle a couple of seasons back but it never caught on

Not sure how I missed that. I thought we'd settled on "Lance". In that case, I take back my criticism: we forumites have definitely been doing our job. It's the players who have been letting us down.
Maybe it moved to Lance once it became universally accepted that we had to get rid of him...

...altho I am not sure that there was a time that ST didn't generally support that course of action...

poor Susan Lance Morgan...

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10