massive cleanout at season's end

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

tick who should be cleaned out

• boyle OFF CONTRACT

Votes: 157 87.7%
  • parker OFF CONTRACT

Votes: 95 53.1%
  • cust

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • sipley OFF CONTRACT

Votes: 5 2.8%
  • foran OFF CONTRACT (club option)

Votes: 74 41.3%
  • Suli

Votes: 70 39.1%
  • Fainu

Votes: 12 6.7%
  • Marty

Votes: 75 41.9%
  • Croker OFF CONTRACT

Votes: 166 92.7%
  • siro OFF CONTRACT

Votes: 82 45.8%
  • Funa OFFCONTRACT (I think)

Votes: 15 8.4%
  • Jetski OFF CONTRACT

Votes: 166 92.7%
  • harper

Votes: 10 5.6%
  • Walker OFF CONTRACT

Votes: 86 48.0%
  • Jorge OFF CONTRACT

Votes: 147 82.1%
  • garrick OFF CONTRACT

Votes: 70 39.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The thing about 'cleaning out' that must come into consideration is coin. It's not a black and white 'he is good, keep' or 'he is bad, cull' situation. Some of the players our fans want culled, are not taking up much of the cap and you need squad players; you MUST have them to stay under the cap. Thus...
Keep
1. Boyle - is cheap so keep for depth
2. Parker - is cheap so keep for depth
3. Cust - is cheap so keep for depth
4. Sipley - is cheap so keep for depth
5. Garrick - is cheap, talented and improving
6. Harper - is cheap, talented and improving
7. Funa - is cheap and provides depth across multiple positions

Undecided
Foran - I love but need to see how his body holds up throughout the season

Cull
1. Suli - not a Des 'type' and his lazy approach to the game is not what we need
2. Marty - too expensive for what you get in return. No longer a marquee prop. If he wants 400k sign him up, otherwise go.
3. Croker - not a FG footballer in any position
4. Sironen - too injury prone and ineffective...he also plays in a position that we need to strengthen so spare money could be used to upgrade here (aka Jayden Sua)
5. Walker - overpaid and underperforming. Is a goose and a liability who should be kept away from our jumper. I really hope we let him go. He lacks the one true weapon he used to possess due to injury; he is no longer blinding.
6. Jorge - a great clubman but old and broken down
7. Jetski - far too injury prone and plays in a position we need to strengthen

The most important players to move on a Walker, Taupau and Siro because of how much money they take up in the cap for what we get in return.

My ticks were Boyle, Suli, Marty, Croker, Jetski and Jorge.

Boyle I don't think is suited to the new rules. Forwards have to be mobile, he's a plodder.
Suli has I think not lived up to the hype.
Marty is a difficult one, but I think we can put his money to better use.
Croker ... I feel for the guy because he does try, but I just think he doesn't cut it.
Jetski on the whole is a liability. Too injury prone, can't tackle.
Jorge just isn't the type of winger the club needs any more. We need big, fast, athletic types like Saab.

GONEJETSKI
Des does like his Jetski...

desjetski.gif

I saw this in the rumoured signings thread, I think it was from a scoop by the Mole, in other words just taken from posts here on ST, or totally made up or guessing. Nevertheless given our start to the year, its a distinct possibility.
To whom should we say, 'Thanks for your service, all the best for the future, see ya later'??
I couldn't work out how to list the entire squad in the poll but feel free to comment if you think any others should go, such as DCE, Trbojevics etc !
You can vote for as many as you like
You forgot 2 people head of membership department and Penn family.

My ticks were Boyle, Suli, Marty, Croker, Jetski and Jorge.

Boyle I don't think is suited to the new rules. Forwards have to be mobile, he's a plodder.
Suli has I think not lived up to the hype.
Marty is a difficult one, but I think we can put his money to better use.
Croker ... I feel for the guy because he does try, but I just think he doesn't cut it.
Jetski on the whole is a liability. Too injury prone, can't tackle.
Jorge just isn't the type of winger the club needs any more. We need big, fast, athletic types like Saab.
My ticks are ....

Time is ticking towards finals time

and if our legendary club is not up there competing with the best

then the ones that failed to live up to our high clubs standards should not be there

We are where we are because of not just of those 6 scapegoat players of yours @HoldenV8
We are where we are on the ladder because of a lot more that have been under performing

We have not been a major force for a while now and we need major contributors
to make us a major force once again

At the end of this season if our 30 players do not make us a major force in the finals there should be a major clean out

Where are our standards ?

We have now become supporters that are happy to just avoid the spoon

When was the last time our NRL squad of 30 were a premiership winning threat ?

When you guys consider a clean out consider this ...

Which one of our players are a threat to the top sides because they are the ones that we need to devour in our quest to become number one again

Sironen GONE
Taufua GONE
Croker GONE
Boyle GONE
Parker GONE
Gosiewski GONE
Suli GONE
Taupau GONE
Funa GONE
Foran GONE
Sipley MINIMUM CONTRACT
Garrick MINIMUM CONTRACT / DEPTH
Fainu KEEP
Cust KEEP
Harper KEEP (would prefer funa but off contract)
Walker CUT DEAL 1 YEAR

1.Trbojevic
2.Saab
4.Walker
6.Schuster
7.Cherry-Evans
8.Paseka
9.Lawton
10.Trbojevic
11.Olakau'atu

14.Fainu
15.Keppie
16.Aloiai
17.Davey

18.Garrick
19.Harper
20.Tuipolotu
21.Saddler
22.Sipley
23.Cust
24.Koula
25.Trbojevic

promote some youth and make some astute signings.. Brown, Su'a, Magoulias, Brandon Smith, I Papalii, Billy Smith are some names for eg

I still think Schuster would make a good backrower even lock moving forward also

Last edited:
Sironen GONE
Taufua GONE
Croker GONE
Boyle GONE
Parker GONE
Gosiewski GONE
Suli GONE
Taupau GONE
Funa GONE
Foran GONE
Sipley MINIMUM CONTRACT
Garrick MINIMUM CONTRACT / DEPTH
Fainu KEEP
Cust KEEP
Harper KEEP
Walker CUT DEAL

1.Trbojevic
2.Saab
4.Walker
6.Schuster
7.Cherry-Evans
8.Paseka
9.Lawton
10.Trbojevic
11.Olakau'atu

14.Fainu
15.Keppie
16.Aloiai
17.Davey

18.Garrick
19.Harper
20.Tuipolotu
21.Saddler
22.Sipley
23.Cust
24.Koula

promote some youth and make some astute signings.. Brown, Su'a, Magoulias, B Smith, I Papalii are some names for eg
I would keep Funa on minimum contract but otherwise yep, yep and... yep

The thing about 'cleaning out' that must come into consideration is coin.
The one thing you didn't mention in an otherwise award winning* post, is 'culture'. Hard to put a dollar value on that. Also some guys, whether due to local roots, or friendships or family connections with other players we like, adds to their value.

* I may have offered to Dan to donate a prize for post of the month (I can't remember, because I make various suggestions which he generally rejects!) but ... if there was such a prize, I'd nominate your post :)

I don't wish to name any players as I don't wanna hurt their feelings, but I'd suggest we move on enough players so that the media refers to Manly as now having a "war chest".
War chest!
Don't wanna hurt their feelings?? That's what they are there for, getting paid good money!!

Croker
Croker
Croker

AND

CROKER
OK I may as well be first, before others jump on the bandwagon. He is in his first few games as our number one starting hooker, I am 98% certain he has been told to tackle and pass - only!
I wonder how he will be going in another month or two. Based on determination and courage in defence, I'm still backing him.
Hey Mark, how about a side bet for one of your vintage wines? I don't have any vintage wines but would put up the equivalent value!
*Gamble responsibly everyone, unless you are as well off as Mark & I, lol.
#silvertails

Sirro will be agreeing to a new contract any day now so we are stuck with him for another 2yrs I'd say...I also think Des will keep Parker no matter what.

I don't mind Parker tries his guts out so I'd keep him in our squad of 30..Not a starting player IMO but ok if he plays 8-10 1st grade games a year covering for injury.

The thing about 'cleaning out' that must come into consideration is coin. It's not a black and white 'he is good, keep' or 'he is bad, cull' situation. Some of the players our fans want culled, are not taking up much of the cap and you need squad players; you MUST have them to stay under the cap. Thus...
Keep
1. Boyle - is cheap so keep for depth
2. Parker - is cheap so keep for depth
3. Cust - is cheap so keep for depth
4. Sipley - is cheap so keep for depth
5. Garrick - is cheap, talented and improving
6. Harper - is cheap, talented and improving
7. Funa - is cheap and provides depth across multiple positions

Undecided
Foran - I love but need to see how his body holds up throughout the season

Cull
1. Suli - not a Des 'type' and his lazy approach to the game is not what we need
2. Marty - too expensive for what you get in return. No longer a marquee prop. If he wants 400k sign him up, otherwise go.
3. Croker - not a FG footballer in any position
4. Sironen - too injury prone and ineffective...he also plays in a position that we need to strengthen so spare money could be used to upgrade here (aka Jayden Sua)
5. Walker - overpaid and underperforming. Is a goose and a liability who should be kept away from our jumper. I really hope we let him go. He lacks the one true weapon he used to possess due to injury; he is no longer blinding.
6. Jorge - a great clubman but old and broken down
7. Jetski - far too injury prone and plays in a position we need to strengthen

The most important players to move on a Walker, Taupau and Siro because of how much money they take up in the cap for what we get in return.
Sorry @Snake you will know better than the rest of us but to me the following should happen:-

Boyle - gone
Parker - probably keep for depth
Cust - keep
Sipley - keep
Garrick - keep
Harper - keep
Funa - gone
Foran - gone
Suli - gone
Marty - gone unless really cut priced deal
Croker - gone
Sironen - keep at reduced price
Walker - keep at greatly reduced price
Jorge - gone
Jetski - gone

Please explain... I must be missing something.... with all the players you let go, we can't field a team.

Why would you let Funa go... seriously he is better than most backs. You want to keep Garrick - what planet are you from?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10