massive cleanout at season's end

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

tick who should be cleaned out

• boyle OFF CONTRACT

Votes: 157 87.7%
  • parker OFF CONTRACT

Votes: 95 53.1%
  • cust

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • sipley OFF CONTRACT

Votes: 5 2.8%
  • foran OFF CONTRACT (club option)

Votes: 74 41.3%
  • Suli

Votes: 70 39.1%
  • Fainu

Votes: 12 6.7%
  • Marty

Votes: 75 41.9%
  • Croker OFF CONTRACT

Votes: 166 92.7%
  • siro OFF CONTRACT

Votes: 82 45.8%
  • Funa OFFCONTRACT (I think)

Votes: 15 8.4%
  • Jetski OFF CONTRACT

Votes: 166 92.7%
  • harper

Votes: 10 5.6%
  • Walker OFF CONTRACT

Votes: 86 48.0%
  • Jorge OFF CONTRACT

Votes: 147 82.1%
  • garrick OFF CONTRACT

Votes: 70 39.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hi Shane, no problems with having different views! I love my wife, she hates me, so all is good!

Question is but who do we buy from the availability list! I see a future with Funa and in my opinion deserves a chance, Garrick lost his confidence about 12 games ago and played accordingly, one game doesn't cut it for me, and I'll be the first person to admit I was wrong if i'm wrong. We have plenty of juniors coming through but management is reluctant to play them. We will most likely loose these players due to frustration.
Thanks mate - agreed - everyone is different. I agree in the main with your summation - I am guessing though there are/will be a heap of players on the market and some we are not even aware of. But I gather they will be looking at people like Luke Garner and Su'a and probably a back up prop if Sipley is gone - we have Keppie, Aloiai, Paseka, Sipley (he might be gone yet) and Saddler. Garner or Su'a would round out a very good forward rotation with Davey as well being back and I am guessing Siro. We will also have Ben T ready for some action next year. Don't also forget Sione Fainu and Tuitavake are in the wings over the next year/two (probably two) - we wont lose either of those two. Lawnton will be the hooker - Cust the back up - Manase wont be available is my guess. Our forward prospects with one or two good edge backrowers next year are looking pretty damn good in my view. The backline has some issues and needs a big overhaul and that is where some problems lie and why I think we can't get rid of them all and we are at least another year (so 2023) I am guessing from players like Koula/Weekes coming through. That is why I think we keep Walker (cheap based on injury etc) - try and offload Suli (will be difficult without having to pay a stack), Schuster to 5/8, we will need a new half at the end of 22. Jorge is gone, Parker a back up, Tippytoes maybe is a centre but gee we need to see him on the field first but we need a decent centre from the market, Cust can be a back up 5/8 - not great but you can't have great back ups everywhere. Then we come to Garrick and Funa - one or both might be offloaded but I am guessing they keep one. I think Funa is pretty decent and Garrick has been poor but gee when Garrick went back to fullback on Friday we suddenly had some stability at the back and he and then Parker got us on the front foot. Now as someone else on here said - one swallow doesn't make a summer and lets see how they both go over the next month but based on Friday night and given we absolutely need a decent back up for Turbo - Garrick showed to me that he might be able to handle it. They certainly wont keep both in my mind and given Funa is sitting behind Garrick at the moment Garrick is the more likely player to be resigned. The roster is in for a pretty decent overhaul and there will be some surprising releases from other clubs and probably surprising releases here and no doubt a surprising signing here and there. So to me... not doom and gloom although the backline needs a good Centre to go with Walker. With luck with injuries the backline at first glance isnt too bad - Turbo, Saab/Garrick, Walker, ?, Tippytoes, Schuster, DCE. Lots of pace there but questions over Saab and Garrick to play to a high standard. Saab at the moment has a lot of defensive work to do plus work on catching bombs (attacking and defending) to get up to being a quality first grade winger.

winnyason

Bencher
Suppose the question who we bring in also it's been rumoured both the Dogs and Sharks will have large cleanouts also. I say our biggest position of need is centres and possibly Hooker.

frank stokes

I discriminate indiscriminately
Suppose the question who we bring in also it's been rumoured both the Dogs and Sharks will have large cleanouts also. I say our biggest position of need is centres and possibly Hooker.
I agree that we are weak in those positions but effective edge forwards is our biggest hole... Guac is good as is Siro (at his non-busted best) but we lack a Matterson, Fifita, Arrow, Kikau type player that offers speed at the line, tackle busts, quick PTBs, and off-loads.

Paseka and Marty have an offload but our forwards do everything at a snails pace and Shoo is the closest thing we have but he is young and from all reports wasted in the forwards...

winnyason

Bencher
I agree that we are weak in those positions but effective edge forwards is our biggest hole... Guac is good as is Siro (at his non-busted best) but we lack a Matterson, Fifita, Arrow, Kikau type player that offers speed at the line, tackle busts, quick PTBs, and off-loads.

Paseka and Marty have an offload but our forwards do everything at a snails pace and Shoo is the closest thing we have but he is young and from all reports wasted in the forwards...
Yeah agree on edge backrower is a priority Sua the target but we not the only one after him with Saints keen on him also.

frank stokes

I discriminate indiscriminately
Yeah agree on edge backrower is a priority Sua the target but we not the only one after him with Saints keen on him also.
there are a few other options around....

Havili (Raiders) - low $, good hard runner, quick PTB, occasional offload - contracted 2021

Cotter (Cows) - low $, metre eater, offloads - contracted 2021, 22

Peachey (Tits) - 28yo but has all the skills and looks to be back in form, probs mid $$ - contracted 2021

Afoa (Warriors) - low $, metre eater, good offload, high energy - contracted 2021

Felise Kaufusi - 28yo but is the s-h-i-t, big $$$.... contracted 2021

Angus Crichton - had a few injuries but none better on his day, real big $$$$ - contracted 2021

Will on the hill

Bencher
Tipping Member
Didn't vote for anyone because their asking price is the deciding factor, on minimum wage I'd keep them all. Some would move to Blacktown to free up top 30 spots.

Waz13

Let’s all have a chew!
Boyle
Croker
Foran ( body , not ability)
Parker
Garrick
JetSki
Tafua ( loved him, great service to club)
Sirro ( injury prone)

SPEED and POWER on edges please, like all the top sides. It’s not rocket science.
Forwards are ok but need a top line hole running second rower. Davey looks promising but age , injury???
Nailed it although I’d also consider throwing Walker in there. Just never been a fan and could be a good $$ saver. As much as I wanted Garrick hung drawn and quartered after the Easts game, I’ll see how he does the remainder of this season. He could serve as depth.

winnyason

Bencher
there are a few other options around....

Havili (Raiders) - low $, good hard runner, quick PTB, occasional offload - contracted 2021

Cotter (Cows) - low $, metre eater, offloads - contracted 2021, 22

Peachey (Tits) - 28yo but has all the skills and looks to be back in form, probs mid $$ - contracted 2021

Afoa (Warriors) - low $, metre eater, good offload, high energy - contracted 2021

Felise Kaufusi - 28yo but is the s-h-i-t, big $$$.... contracted 2021

Angus Crichton - had a few injuries but none better on his day, real big $$$$ - contracted 2021
Kaufusi you need big dollars for him to leave. Peachey more of a roving lock but I like the way he plays

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I don't wish to name any players as I don't wanna hurt their feelings, but I'd suggest we move on enough players so that the media refers to Manly as now having a "war chest".

War chest!

War chest!!!!!

EXCLUSIVE: Phil Gould expects Craig Fitzgibbon move on senior Sharks and use $3 million war chest

:rofl:

(sorry, carry on.)

PS - couldn't get rid of the bold type.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
11 8 3 75 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
11 6 5 -9 14