Matt Lodge

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Drop the chase for this loose head and Jack Hetherington and let's target one of these guys:

Luke Thompson
Tom Flegler
Spencer Leniu
Bunty Afoa
Griffin Naeme
Agree with that. Especially Spencer Leniu. He’s exactly what we’re missing
Is he off contract soon or something?

His management would obviously be asking around but our cap is not in a position where we can afford him. You can bet if we had a spare 600-700k plus, Foran wouldn't be at the Titans next year.
Isn’t the reason of Foran leaving to the Tits because Schu was touted as the long term 5/8 and was promised the roll. I’m not sure that it was cap pressure more so maintaining the promise to Schu for next year.
I still think there is a little more room in the cap for a decent prop.

Isn’t the reason of Foran leaving to the Tits because Schu was touted as the long term 5/8 and was promised the roll. I’m not sure that it was cap pressure more so maintaining the promise to Schu for next year.
I still think there is a little more room in the cap for a decent prop.
It was a bit of both. However, if you know Des, you know he gets what he wants regardless. Schu was told he’d get 5/8 way back when we signed Foran as a 9...haha who was ever falling for that?! Des does what Des wants.

I’d say there is some coin sitting there for a modest purchase, but 700k a year?! No way.

It was a bit of both. However, if you know Des, you know he gets what he wants regardless. Schu was told he’d get 5/8 way back when we signed Foran as a 9...haha who was ever falling for that?! Des does what Des wants.

I’d say there is some coin sitting there for a modest purchase, but 700k a year?! No way.
Think too much is being read into the Foran/Schuster situation.I see it as simple as the Titans offering two yrs at slightly more coin than Manly were offering for just one year.

Just curious if we are offloading Foz, Walker and Marty next season, possibly others, surely this frees up a bit of coin? Or have we already used that upgrading others perhaps.

Just curious if we are offloading Foz, Walker and Marty next season, possibly others, surely this frees up a bit of coin? Or have we already used that upgrading others perhaps.

I think Marty will be staying unless we grab a quality prop and there arent many around.

There was a thread a month or two back where this was discussed. Basically, the money that Garrick, Olakau’atu, Keppie, Saab, Paseka and co. are now on/will be on next year due to upgrades, has eroded the bulk of the coin we gained from Walker/Taupau/Foran etc.

Often players salaries will go up incrementally across the 2-4 years of their contracts too. So, the cap situation for next year is not a like for like comparison with this year, due to upgrades, etc. then you’ve got Tualagi to come.

I’m sure there’s a little bit of wriggle room to pick up something here and there, but we don’t suddenly have a million dollar war chest or anything like that.

Lodge was already paid out by the warriors in full, so he should be on a lower amount for this year

Lodge was already paid out by the warriors in full, so he should be on a lower amount for this year
I’d imagine after his less than acrimonious split from Brisbane and now the Warriors, he’d be looking a permanent home, not a halfway house.

Maybe he’ll do a Pangai and sign a 3 month deal before going elsewhere but it doesn’t look like it’ll be with us.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8