Membership numbers

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Whilst ever Lowe is our CEO, I will not be renewing my Sea Eagles membership. However, as soon as Penn and whoever from Quantum pull there head in and stop trying to save money on such a crucial position within the club by employing someone with only life experience, I will be quick to hand over my cash again.

I genuinely feel as though the club has no real direction at the moment. Something that investing 350-400k in a genuine candidate would solve.

Becoming a member for 3 games or even 1 game is still becoming a member.  

The more the club does to get people to identify themselves as Manly members, the better for the club.  People who identify themselves as Manly members are more likely to maintain and increase participation.  The new membership web site is a step in the right direction.

lol WAM that was pretty stupid remark ..i dont follow lowe i follow manly..
if the team is preforming on the field who cares about our ceo..its only when we are not doing well we look for scape goats..
by not renewing your hurting all of us not them ..im not  knocking your opinion  its fair, but  why does the sea eagles have to cop it , we all want to be up there with souths in the memberships.. join.. sign up on the basic one, then when you have a whinge about the club atleast it will have more substance because your a  ticketed member..

jjai, It's simple. I will always follow the Sea Eagles with great gusto.
I just won't be putting my hand in my pocket to shell out for membership just at the moment. My money, my call. Just the same as it was their forum and their call.

Anyone would only have to visit this forum once in a while to see why Manly has SFA membership numbers.

WAMF link said:
Whilst ever Lowe is our CEO, I will not be renewing my Sea Eagles membership. However, as soon as Penn and whoever from Quantum pull there head in and stop trying to save money on such a crucial position within the club by employing someone with only life experience, I will be quick to hand over my cash again.

I genuinely feel as though the club has no real direction at the moment. Something that investing 350-400k in a genuine candidate would solve.
I wonder how likely a return of Grant Mayer would be, Penn's were big fans, Quatum were big fans maybe the only stumbling block will be the leagues and football club or maybe not.

The bloke has proved his worth now in two roles firstly with us and now with GWS.

However I think we need to be fair with how we judge lowe atm
he has had to work with a disfunctional board (Penn / Delmege differences) Being the only club not having a major sponsor is a real concern and would have to be causing him some sleepless nights.

I also think the percieved seperation from the club and the support base since the exit of Aaron Markie wouldn't be helping the clubs cause in generating new membership.

Like him or not the one thing Aaron was able to achieve with the assistance of the likes of Mark and Vidmar was a really feeling of belonging between the members and the club. The closing of the forum and the limited communication since has really eroded alot of that good work.

On the bright side, new owners and a new membership manager could go a long way to restoring some of that.

I think the future looks promising for our club.

Ive come to realize that the major sponsorship issue might have been tied in with the whole Quantum thing. Perhaps since they have an option for next year we are waiting for their decision before being able to announce any other sponsors.

ok wam fair call  i was like that for the 1st month & a bit, after the forum  closing ..i wasnt going to renew either  then i thought about it  , the only one getting punished is my team . so i decided to renew i actually upgraded from BOP  (which is country membership now )to the catergory 1  package.. each to their own..  if you not gonna renew atleast buy this yrs jersey(its still helping the team) ;D joking  you do what you want to do mate ...

Cambo link said:
[quote author=WAMF link=topic=185975.msg306564#msg306564 date=1290051971]

I wonder how likely a return of Grant Mayer would be, Penn's were big fans, Quatum were big fans maybe the only stumbling block will be the leagues and football club or maybe not.

The bloke has proved his worth now in two roles firstly with us and now with GWS.

However I think we need to be fair with how we judge lowe atm
he has had to work with a disfunctional board (Penn / Delmege differences) Being the only club not having a major sponsor is a real concern and would have to be causing him some sleepless nights.

I also think the percieved seperation from the club and the support base since the exit of Aaron Markie wouldn't be helping the clubs cause in generating new membership.

Like him or not the one thing Aaron was able to achieve with the assistance of the likes of Mark and Vidmar was a really feeling of belonging between the members and the club. The closing of the forum and the limited communication since has really eroded alot of that good work.

On the bright side, new owners and a new membership manager could go a long way to restoring some of that.

I think the future looks promising for our club.
[/quote]

Mate, we would never be able to compete for Mayer, salary wise...now.
We had him but then we ****ed him sideways so he had no choice but to move on and continue kicking goals elsewhere.

from FB

150856_10150107376245993_222674735992_7744694_4077553_n.jpg

Brett Stewart needs you! All reserved seat renewals close tomorrow at 5pm and we need all current ticketed members to renew their seats! Jump online and renew now or call us! WE NEED YOU!

Actally my missus got a letter asking her to join up a couple of weeks ago.Her info was  grabbed from me entering her in some comp at MWSE. Nice try anyway. Seriously though , not enough people are aware or concerned about memberships. I find that It's the assumption that they're expensive and elitist which is still foremost in most people opinions that I chat to about it anyways.

I wonder if I took time to give that number a tingle if anyone in the membership dept would be capable of actually convincing me to renew my membership???
Could be an interesting experiment.  :)

So what are our numbers up to then????

Its amazing that there is 23,000 people that like the Sea Eagles on Facebook and we dont get many of them as members. I wonder whether we target all of them.

ive said it before, majority of manly fans do not know or are not aware that there is actually a manly sea eagles website, crazy i know ! and then once they get to the website theres the thought that a memberships is expensive, last year we were up there with the most expensive memberships in the league !

Post  automatically merged: [time]1290120267[/time]

P.S bretts going to need to do alot of work on those chicken legs in the offseason = )

The basic problem is that you have to spend money to make money and thus far Manly have had a hopeful strategy . It may take a few years to see a return but it is the way

No doubt Manly have never been flushed with cash, so you cant expect miracles but most business advertise in some way to increase customer base.Manly do but not like other clubs

In recent seasons Team support, in aaron, mark and vid have done an amazing job promoting the club with some assistance from the club. Spreading the word in qld on game days with functions and good times, and this years membership package for out of towners is a reflection of that work. Manly get they have legions of fans not in manly

But more has to be done by the club really in collaboration with the super loyal fans. player functions with beer flowing is a great start and the team should be commended on the way have embraced this, as its a drain on there time when they would prefer a tub, relax, a beer and some head space. Many have stated that the manly family feeling that has existed in recent years is falling apart and unless the club and fans get some councilling this happy marriage may result in 2 separate beds. If you are going to howl me down about this ,( as some posters seem to howl down whoever mention this) you don't understand due to your lack of involvement or a piss poor attitude

The NRL **** everyone with there scheduling including the club i assume. But the manly club are similar in there approach. they really seem to lack a plan. I would love to see this as an example

When you get your membership pack it includes the years social events for the club. All on the calender
Pre season get together on Feb 8 at bla bla bla, cost $$
Mid season fan reviews, June 6 at leagues, cost bla bla
End of season kids party at water park on dec 1 cost $$$
i understand the scheduling has an affect on player functions at away games but there is so much they could do. I would love to get my son to the kids party but living interstate short notice makes it hard. So he isn't a member as a result . And there lies the problem, Membership is a culture not recognised in League. I would like to bring my almost 6yo up as a member all his life but the obstacles . potentially he could grow up expecting to be a member and supporting his club is just a way of life but he isnt stupid. If his package includes the opportunity to go to the kids party and i cant take him due to poor communication from the club he will get the ****s and ask me questions i dont want to answer. Cultural change takes time,

One of the hurdles manly have faced is continuity. Manly head office has been a revolving door for years now. They need a strong experienced team with a long term plan and a budget. If not most of the recruitment is in the hands of the loyal fans hassling there mates and family

And is it true they are not posting the out of towners packs and it has to be collected, his member hat. A mate rang me and told me. If so this is madness. An out of town membership that has to be collected. Surely this is bank world

Disagree that you need money to make money - there is enough IP associated with the club to make it engaging and compelling

It just has to be utilised in the correct way

Frogz link said:
So what are our numbers up to then????

Its amazing that there is 23,000 people that like the Sea Eagles on Facebook and we dont get many of them as members. I wonder whether we target all of them.

I've talked to people on FB that I've become friends with,through being Manly supps.I've tried to convince them of the benefits of both Eagles and footy club m'ship.The main reason is the general lack of interest in an actual membership,and just wanting to go to the games (not having a season or set match pass).One said it just wasn't her go,despite being a devout Manly fan.She was happy with her status quo.How does the club break fans from that cycle and way of thinking?

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7