More match-fixing claims set to rock NRL

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
How, why would they ever ban gambling advertising? Gambling is the essence of the Australian (American) dream. Anyone could strike it lucky, and end up with a successful business or good job, or even become PM or president. True, it's not the land of equal rights, but it is the land of equal opportunity, which means everyone can't win, but someone has to.

This Kate McClymont? How dare she?? Let the cheaters cheat! The rorters rort!! You say!!!
The NRL and the clubs are doing their darndest to be on your side.
Damn this Kate McClymont!!

Now now, no need to take my post out of context. Im all for the ones actually match fixing to be caught and handed maximum penalties.

I just want a little bit more than "Brett Stewart raped a girl in a stairwell" before we plaster it all over the papers to ruin reputations unnecessarily.

All these articles have done so far is cause twitter and facebook frenzies dragging all sorts of players reputations through the mud. Nothing more than that has come of this BREAKING NEWS. If thats quality investigative journalism then ill eat everyone's hat.

Now now, no need to take my post out of context. Im all for the ones actually match fixing to be caught and handed maximum penalties.

I just want a little bit more than "Brett Stewart raped a girl in a stairwell" before we plaster it all over the papers to ruin reputations unnecessarily.

All these articles have done so far is cause twitter and facebook frenzies dragging all sorts of players reputations through the mud. Nothing more than that has come of this BREAKING NEWS. If thats quality investigative journalism then ill eat everyone's hat.
Now now, you need to differentiate journalists. Pretty much anyone with 'League' as the descriptor for journalist doesn't really count.

Agreed, fLIP.
Am I the only one who remembers Kate McClymont's "He's Done it Before" headline and bogus story immediately after Brett's "story" (which, as it was proved to be entirely fictional, definitely was a story) broke?

Dozens of NRL players to be interviewed in police match-fixing investigation

SMH

Dozens of NRL players are expected to be questioned after the announced the NSW Police Force announced it has launched an investigation following a review of information into reported cheating at gambling and match-fixing in the competition.

Police have launched a Strike Force to investigate possible NRL match-fixing after months of speculation that up to three games may have been fixed.

Strike Force Nuralda has been formed comprising detectives from the State Crime Command's Organised Crime Squad.

The operation has been launched after police reviewed information into possible cheating at gambling and match-fixing.

According to a statement: "Police will work closely with the NSW Crime Commission, and have the full support of the NRL. The investigation is expected to be protracted, with dozens of players, officials, and members of the community expected to be interviewed in the coming months."

NRL chief executive Todd Greenberg said the NRL would support and provide any assistance requested by the investigation.

Greenberg said there was no place in the game for any person found to be involved in match fixing.

"We are not going to pre-judge any person associated with the game while this process is under way," he said.

"But I repeat my earlier warning that if any person is convicted of match fixing they will face a life ban from any involvement in Rugby League."

MORE TO COME

A drawn out official investigation, with police interviewing players and officials etc should make finding a major sponsor for next year nice and easy.

Thanks. I would really appreciate it if you ate one of my hats. Too many. Any season in particular that you want?

Re Match fixing / Sponsors, draw, judiciary, Brookvale oval, TV scheduling, Injections /Dank, It's pretty clear the commercial Media and the NRL are trying to kill off our club. Lets face it, there are too many Sydney region club's, and too few Brisbane / Qld clubs for maximum money making.

Their is a taskforce and trust me when I tell you that a lot of players are either involved in spot fixing or know about it . Hopefully these scum bags get named / shamed and banned for life . What do you expect when the NRL are aware of massive Cocaine use by so many players and just turn a blind eye . Welcome to the world where commercial interests / tv contracts rule all and things are swept under the carpet till the rug explodes .
Anyone who is in the know realises that the only thing driving everything is the almighty dollar .
If the NRL was serious they would hair test every player for drugs twice a year and clean this crap up .

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7