More match-fixing claims set to rock NRL

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Their is a taskforce and trust me when I tell you that a lot of players are either involved in spot fixing or know about it . Hopefully these scum bags get named / shamed and banned for life . What do you expect when the NRL are aware of massive Cocaine use by so many players and just turn a blind eye . Welcome to the world where commercial interests / tv contracts rule all and things are swept under the carpet till the rug explodes .
Anyone who is in the know realises that the only thing driving everything is the almighty dollar .
If the NRL was serious they would hair test every player for drugs twice a year and clean this crap up .
I'm sure they will bring in a grey area rule in this area which allows them to selectively (i.e. not turn a blind eye when it suits their agenda) test players in teams they want to 'hold back'....yes, yes that is sarcasm, but it speaks for how rotten to the core the whole game is....

I am as cynical as they come. I believe that a pessimist is an optimist with experience.
However, I think that this is not going to be covered up.
Lets be confident in the investigation.

Just think about this ... Corey Norman gets convicted of drug possession but didn't fail a test or even get tested . He is just one of 100 players getting on it each week and with full knowledge of clubs and officials. The game is rotten because they have allowed this crap to fester .
But hey it's finals time and the show / money making must go on

Anyone involved will be ****ting themselves worried that someone is going to rollover and spill their guts before someone else does

The media seems to be aware that at least one NRL cub is aware of match fixing and has covered it up This might be why the cops has now formed the task force as there seems to be some definate evidence now

Word is that a number of NRL players have already been interviewed by the NSW crime commission where you go straight to jail if you are later found to have lied to the commission

By The Mole
August 21, 2016

SHOCKING new claims are about to emerge about a high-profile player throwing a game earlier this season.

Fairfax Media journalist Kate McClymont – who has broken many of the game’s biggest scandals in recent years – is hot on the trail of the story.

The game occurred in round eight back in April.

The club is aware of what happened but has tried to sweep the incident under the carpet in classic rugby league style.

The player involved has a massive gambling problem and allegedly decided to go for a big score to recoup losses by betting a large sum on the opposition.

His team lost the game and he allegedly collected on money placed by an associate. However, the club found out and took action.

http://rugbyleagueweek.com.au/match...d=767096378258362368&adbpl=tw&adbpr=236216311

Last edited:
Anyone involved will be ****ting themselves worried that someone is going to rollover and spill their guts before someone else does

As I said, trying to flush information that they don't have out using these tactics.

Although @susan seems to think it's otherwise , so we will have to wait and see.

If it Is it the "franchise ".... wow!

More likely, individual players. No negative impact on the "brand"

I hope the Pie Monster is caught up in it all, might be a blessing in disguise.
They should also look at the end of 2014, bookies started paying out on Manly winning the minor premiership weeks before round 26. Couldn't buy a win for the rest of the season after that.

If any of it's true it's an incredibly dumb thing to do for the sake of greed. Ruin your own career and your life afterwards because that's what you'd be remembered for. Trashing their own legacy.
And ruining games for thousands of fans, many who put a lifetime of support into the clubs these players represent.
It seems one of the players, the one that used to play for us is being alleged to have done it at two clubs. Incredible.
Just hope it's not true.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4