More match-fixing claims set to rock NRL

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Nuralda also autocorrects to "Miranda" - so maybe that's code that the Sharks are involved. The cops could be investigating how they threw so many losses this year

Hayson says in today's herald that the players "wouldn't cheat on their girlfriends let alone a match."

That says a bit about the bloke's moral compass, as if he is saying that cheating on girlfriends would be a lower scale misdemeanor.

Bad news bears ABC Darwin go on at length about this story, yet nothing about the upcoming finals. Little wonder the game has a bad name if that's all non NRL people hear.

The fox superfan NRL app has the headline this morning "Sea Eagles rocked as cops move in"

But the article as far as I can see doesn't say anything of the sort? Nothing about the Eagles directly. Just the same old few washed story with no detail.

Any ideas anyone? Or is this just another headline...?

Click bait!!

Yeah true.

I just hope our club isn't tangled up in this.
Hearing the Kate McClymont story about Parra - and their cover up - I hope we don't have the same issues....

Be VERY surprised if any official is involved , if true likely to be a few players with huge gambling issues.

But it would rock the joint to the foundations if it's proven to be a club thing.

This is from article I read:
Fairfax Media journalist Kate McClymont – who has broken many of the game’s biggest scandals in recent years – is hot on the trail of the story.

The game occurred in round eight back in April.

The club is aware of what happened but has tried to sweep the incident under the carpet in classic rugby league style.

The player involved has a massive gambling problem and allegedly decided to go for a big score to recoup losses by betting a large sum on the opposition.

His team lost the game and he allegedly collected on money placed by an associate. However, the club found out and took action.

Good manly won round 8. Loozers were Souffs, Titans, wests, PARRA, Penriff, Knights, Roosters and Warriors

If it's who many think it is , then unsurprising that they'd want to sweep it under the carpet BUT in doing so does that set everyone involved up for a permanent banning from the game , or only the player (s) taking the initial action?

If it's who many think it is , then unsurprising that they'd want to sweep it under the carpet BUT in doing so does that set everyone involved up for a permanent banning from the game , or only the player (s) taking the initial action?

The NRL only take action sufficient to remove a scandal from the news cycle, not to actually clean up the game. So you already know the answer to that question.

Be VERY surprised if any official is involved , if true likely to be a few players with huge gambling issues.

But it would rock the joint to the foundations if it's proven to be a club thing.
I fully agree Mark.

How could a franchise official cause this? He/she would need to CONSPIRE with a player or players to take a dive etc. That would be a massive call by the official. By definition, conspiracies require more than one conspirator. The more in, the more chance of being caught. I'm confident that it is either an individual player or a number of very close team mates who have conspired to pull off the scam. Someone will break. Soon!

If true, these allegations, i hope manly actions are swift, damaging and gallop like. They just need to be wiped from our history. Never welcomed to the club again, ever. Every record and achievement scrubbed.

Its really sad that people that take millions from the game, get treated like gods, destroy the faith ot those that follow the game for seemngly chump change and party money.

Even now the fabric of the competition is questionable at best. Most league fans will never really have faith in the game again. Its done

Generations of commitment, belief , hope and community destroyed by immature greedy ****ers.

And all of this whime greenberg is in charge so all we can expect is an inconsistent approach .

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8