More match-fixing claims set to rock NRL

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yeah, in the Parra game they lead by 2 with 10 to go. Then Norman got himself sent for 10. A couple of things went against them and they lost by 16.

Did a certain player " of interest" participate in that game, or had he clocked off already???

If it's who many think it is , then unsurprising that they'd want to sweep it under the carpet BUT in doing so does that set everyone involved up for a permanent banning from the game , or only the player (s) taking the initial action?
Let's not all forget that Toddy does backflip on what he says like when he said Parra cannot accrue points until the Board dropped their court case, and the very next round...

If it's who many think it is , then unsurprising that they'd want to sweep it under the carpet BUT in doing so does that set everyone involved up for a permanent banning from the game , or only the player (s) taking the initial action?

Then, there would be another conspiracy... anyone involved should go. I think that the NRL cannot do a thing except comply.

@RLW_Mole

Moley hearing one BIG name Sydney player particularly in strife with Police investigation into match fixing.

Goes on to say that player isn't currently linked with the NZ Warriors.

Although this narrows it down a bit:
image.jpeg

Yeh just a big name from Manly, Tigers, Parra, Roosters, Bunnies, Saints, are left. Of that list only Manly, Parra, Roosters and Bunnies can be considered clubs who could throw matches. The others would just lose lol. If it revolves around round 8 that leaves Bunnies, Parra and Roosters. There's only a pool of about ten "big" names to choose from ...

But they said its from a Round 8 game, and the player was from a losing team.

isn't it also amazing that the cops have been all over this for months, yet within the first few hours of this new "Investigation Squad" starting work, they have someone already.

WTF have the other cops been doing

If there is fixing going on it doesn't matter to the fixer whether team a or team b wins right, just as long as the result is sure.

On that basis surely they could have fixed a few manly wins to get the authorities off the scent??

We were playing the Knights and won 26-10 away. Nothing to see here. The other three games do involve Manly, quoting the smh:

"The games under question are Manly's round 16 defeat to South Sydney in 2015, the Sea Eagles' round 24 loss to Parramatta last season and a clash between Manly and the Eels in April this year."

I'm sure we could draw a map of players who'd had links with opposing players and/or betting types and who may or may not be still playing in the NRL since the incedents.

Bank and betting anomalies led to NRL match fixing police task force

Anomalies in bank and betting accounts of a network of people connected to controversial punter and former brothel owner Eddie Hayson sparked a police strike force into allegations of match fixing in the NRL.

Interviews with dozens of players and officials are expected to begin as early as Thursday with the Organised Crime squad examining betting patterns on at least three NRL games to determine whether any criminal offences have been committed.

Police investigate NRL match-fixing

Dozens of players from Parramatta Eels, Manly Sea Eagles and South Sydney Rabbitohs will be questioned by police over possible match-fixing in the NRL.

The announcement of the strike force, named Nuralda, came just two days before the NRL final series kicks off and followed preliminary inquiries by police, which began in June.

The investigation is expected to take between six to 12 months to complete and will involve the powerful NSW Crime Commission, which can summons any person to be questioned in private and where refusing to answer is a criminal offence.

Controversial punter Eddie Hayson denies any wrong doing regarding alleged fixed NRL matches.

Hayson is known to be close to several current and former members of the Manly Sea Eagles rugby league team. Manly is the common denominator in the three matches under investigation.

Last month Fairfax Media revealed the match between Parramatta and Manly played in April 2016 was being scrutinised by police and the NRL integrity unit after the emergence of an extraordinary betting trail linking organised crime figures, associates of Hayson and football playing brothers Kieran and Liam Foran.

Some of the winnings from a successful plunge on Parramatta to win the the match, in which Kieran Foran played for Parramatta, ended up in the TAB accounts of the Foran brothers.

With 10 minutes to go Manly were ahead 10-8. But in the dying minutes of the match Parramatta scored three quick tries, running out 22-10 victors.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...ce-into-nrl-match-fixing-20160907-grb4kj.html

Bank and betting anomalies led to NRL match fixing police task force

Anomalies in bank and betting accounts of a network of people connected to controversial punter and former brothel owner Eddie Hayson sparked a police strike force into allegations of match fixing in the NRL.

Interviews with dozens of players and officials are expected to begin as early as Thursday with the Organised Crime squad examining betting patterns on at least three NRL games to determine whether any criminal offences have been committed.

Police investigate NRL match-fixing

Dozens of players from Parramatta Eels, Manly Sea Eagles and South Sydney Rabbitohs will be questioned by police over possible match-fixing in the NRL.

The announcement of the strike force, named Nuralda, came just two days before the NRL final series kicks off and followed preliminary inquiries by police, which began in June.

The investigation is expected to take between six to 12 months to complete and will involve the powerful NSW Crime Commission, which can summons any person to be questioned in private and where refusing to answer is a criminal offence.

Controversial punter Eddie Hayson denies any wrong doing regarding alleged fixed NRL matches.

Hayson is known to be close to several current and former members of the Manly Sea Eagles rugby league team. Manly is the common denominator in the three matches under investigation.

Last month Fairfax Media revealed the match between Parramatta and Manly played in April 2016 was being scrutinised by police and the NRL integrity unit after the emergence of an extraordinary betting trail linking organised crime figures, associates of Hayson and football playing brothers Kieran and Liam Foran.

Some of the winnings from a successful plunge on Parramatta to win the the match, in which Kieran Foran played for Parramatta, ended up in the TAB accounts of the Foran brothers.

With 10 minutes to go Manly were ahead 10-8. But in the dying minutes of the match Parramatta scored three quick tries, running out 22-10 victors.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...ce-into-nrl-match-fixing-20160907-grb4kj.html

So the Innuendo hangs over us for all of the 2017 season , well I guess it's not hard to predict how next year will be for us!

But don't worry, it'll be the coaches fault!!

This same story has been rehashed more times than Bubble-and-Squeak.
There is absolutely nothing new, and until someone is charged, appears in court and is found guilty then it shouldn't be believed.

This post probably fits a few threads but WTF is happening to our club?

Really. I mean, really. We sack a club legend for an unproven sh** house coach with no possible chance of success, we have owners that deliberately alienate long term fans/custmers, we have senior players that clearly don't give a f*** and haven't given a **** for a couple of seasons, we have the ridiculous culling of some players (Hiku, Gutho) and then we sign absolute crap like Myles and others, we have a useless fat piece of garbage with too much power and then we also have owners with questionable motivation.

We have a coach that thinks winning 4 more games next year would be satisfactory? Our aim should always be the top 4 minimum.

Just WTF. As much as I hate it, you know what, I actually believe that some of our players did take a dive. I really do. Tin foil hat and all.

Dummy spit me all you like. It is a dummy spit and I would rate this a dummy spit myself if I could. Just WTF. Just WTF is happening?

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8