News: Sea Eagles' begging bowl

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Im just waiting for someone to come out with that corny line from Colonel Trapman in First Blood about us all needing a generous supply of body bags. He be a hard man that rambofan.

Greg choice link said:
As a long time fan of the club and reader of this forum I just had to sign up tonight to express my alarm at the lack of future this club has. What a joke we go from 1 owner who runs short of cash, we get 2 owners who act like children, now we have Penn who seems to be running short of cash. I have to say over the last 2 years it has been evident that we are out of cash and can no longer compete with the big boy's, if I have to here the crap coming out of the club about salary cap when it is evident to anyone with a brain the truth is lack of cash. In the 70's I used to laugh at Souths, now they have an owner who has no problem getting players and getting sponsors on board. I can't even laugh at the Knights anymore with Tinklers money. The facts are this we are on our knees and our owners don't have the cash or won't spend the cash to compete with the big boys, they have no business skills in getting sponsors. I'm glad I grew up in the 70's when we were a powerhouse and respected, now we are no better then the sharks ( at least they own there home ground) we have jokes as owners and a failed taxi driver from NZ as our chief exec, who seems more interested in TV shows in NZ then getting a sponsor. I have to say in 5 years time I doubt we will be around, or if we are we will be the Souths or magpies of the 70's and 80's always broke   

If you looked at teams most vulnerable to collapse, we run a close second behind Cronulla.

I don't quite know how you can say that CC... that is purely hearsay...as far as I know it's a private company and their P & L isn't made public. The Penn family are pretty well off, I don't know the Quantum credentials but I'd be surprised if we are second in line to fall over.

The issue is we don't yet have a major sponsor and that will hurt the owners BUT 2011 is only 28 days old and there's a long way to go until the fat lady sings.

Geez you young blokes are lucky...us old farts are lucky if it happens once a month....and you are doing it ALL weekend...pisses me right off!!

clontaago link said:
[quote author=Ryan link=topic=186294.msg313467#msg313467 date=1296189191]
Who's up for a Anne of Green Gables marathon this weekend?

Sounds good but I'll be busy drinking beer and rooting all weekend.
[/quote]

AAaahahahahahaahahahaha - nice one douggie. What IS the lucky blokes name by the way? ;)

Ryan link said:
[quote author=clontaago link=topic=186294.msg313481#msg313481 date=1296192381]

[/quote]

AAaahahahahahaahahahaha - nice one douggie. What IS the lucky blokes name by the way? ;)
[/quote]

His name is Rhino.........i told Doug you were doing your nude version of Anne of Green Gables at an ampitheatre in Melbourne this weekend with free beer being served in your VIP tent.

Jatz Crackers link said:
[quote author=Ryan link=topic=186294.msg313484#msg313484 date=1296192956]
[quote author=clontaago link=topic=186294.msg313481#msg313481 date=1296192381]

[/quote]

[/quote]

His name is Rhino.........i told Doug you were doing your nude version of Anne of Green Gables at an ampitheatre in Melbourne this weekend with free beer being served in your VIP tent.
[/quote]

Free beer??? It's on !

Mark from Brisbane link said:
Geez you young blokes are lucky...us old farts are lucky if it happens once a month....and you are doing it ALL weekend...pisses me right off!!
What we do all night takes you all night to do.

clontaago link said:

[/quote]

I'm 1/2 as good as you-I'll be drinking beer....lol

[pre]
Ryan link said:
I know for fact that Grant Mayer personally knew the CEO of Quantum, and this is the SOLE reason why they came on...so that is rubbish.

Grant Mayer did not know anyone at Quantum.

The Quantum sponsorship came about because of David Kenney from the One-Eyed Eagles group. 

David Kenney is a Partner at HallChadwick.  Drew Townsend is also a Partner at HallChadwick and is the Chairman (and significant shareholder) of Quantum.

Quite simply, David Kenney dropped the Quantum deal in Mayer's lap. 

David Kenney set up the first meeting between Mayer and Quantum CEO Phil Sidney.  It was David Kenney that accompanied Phil Sidney into the post 40-0 GF dressing room.

Of course Mayer had to close the deal, which he did, but with Quantum dead set keen and coming off a record GF win, it was an easy sell.

For the record, whilst Lowe is getting pats on the back for th upgraded Centrebet deal, the reality is much of the groundwork for that deal was done during Mayers time and mayer probably would have had centrebet on the jersey except for the NRL ban on jersey-betting sponsorships at the time (now lifted).[/pre]

So David Kenney had a relationship with Mayer - same thing.
I knew Pat Wilson (kind of). I work for Nab. I introduced Nab to Pat Wilson.

That's how it works.

So, we are cast alongside the fraudulent, cheating Storm, and the habitual losing NSW Blues.

Nice.

Staff online

• Dan
    Kim Jong Dan
  • Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8