NRL DON"T want a Manly repeat this year.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
braintic said:
Conspiracy theories? Come on guys. Refs regularly have bad days, and every team cops it. The number one reason Manly will struggle to make the Grand Final this year is their own lack of consistent form. No side can lose three games out of four to the two main wooden spoon contenders and still be considered a serious contender for the premiership.

Hey don't we all love a troll that supports another team?

As for the bold part, we put 30 on Penrith (30-0) and 40 on Parra so I'm not sure what point you're trying to make.

braintic said:
Conspiracy theories? Come on guys. Refs regularly have bad days, and every team cops it. The number one reason Manly will struggle to make the Grand Final this year is their own lack of consistent form. No side can lose three games out of four to the two main wooden spoon contenders and still be considered a serious contender for the premiership.

Hey don't we all love a troll that supports another team?

As for the bold part, we put 30 on Penrith (30-0) and 40 on Parra so I'm not sure what point you're trying to make.

NORTH Queensland superstar Johnathan Thurston has called on the NRL to introduce a fixed season schedule because the competition is designed to deliver an "all-Sydney grand final".

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/north-queensland-cowboy-captain-johnathan-thurston-slams-sydney-bias-in-nrl-draw/story-e6frexnr-1226439807546

See?! Seems as if we are all prone to theories. :)

NORTH Queensland superstar Johnathan Thurston has called on the NRL to introduce a fixed season schedule because the competition is designed to deliver an "all-Sydney grand final".

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/north-queensland-cowboy-captain-johnathan-thurston-slams-sydney-bias-in-nrl-draw/story-e6frexnr-1226439807546

globaleagle said:

i read that myself this morning, guess he forgot about the 'friday night specials' broncos

globaleagle said:

i read that myself this morning, guess he forgot about the 'friday night specials' broncos

globaleagle said:

Going back to and including 1990, 18/23 grand finals have included a team NOT from Sydney. WTF are you on about Thurston?

globaleagle said:

Going back to and including 1990, 18/23 grand finals have included a team NOT from Sydney. WTF are you on about Thurston?

Phantar said:
And amazing how Maloney can get a snappy kick-off happening when he wants to - that is when his side is trailing by two, with about 80 seconds on the clock!

I love it when those tactics backfire on the opposition.

haha - I was thinking about this too Phantar.. Imagine if he didn't take that long for that kick off when he was wasting time. The Warriors could have had another tackle or two at the end of the game.. bahaha..

Phantar said:
And amazing how Maloney can get a snappy kick-off happening when he wants to - that is when his side is trailing by two, with about 80 seconds on the clock!

I love it when those tactics backfire on the opposition.

haha - I was thinking about this too Phantar.. Imagine if he didn't take that long for that kick off when he was wasting time. The Warriors could have had another tackle or two at the end of the game.. bahaha..

Note to Far North Queensland -5 Day turn around games for the Premiers 10 out of 21 rounds = 48%:dodgy:

04/03/2012-Round 1 Sunday - Manly in Auckland - W
09/03/2012-Round 2 Friday - Manly in Gosford - W

19/03/2012-Round 3 Monday - Manly in Cronulla - L
24/03/2012-Round 4 Saturday - Manly in Kogarah - L

09/04/2012-Round 6 Monday - Manly in Brookvale - W
14/04/2012-Round 7 Saturday - Manly in Brookvale - L

06/05/2012-Round 9 Sunday - Manly in Brookvale - W
11/05/2012-Round 10 Friday - Manly in Suncorp - W

27/05/2012-Round 12 Sunday - Manly in Penrith - L
01/06/2012-Round 13 Friday - Manly in Brookvale - W

We won 6/10 games with this limited recovery schedule.
------------------------------------------------------
We also had Brett, Glenn, Choc, TRex, Buhrer and Daly off in representative games.

Not forgetting the Four Nations and WCC that the Manly Players had to compete in.

So no wonder the Boys are inconsistent :angel:

But the will to retain the Premiership is all the fuel that Manly needs to keep this arduous season going.:angel:

Note to Far North Queensland -5 Day turn around games for the Premiers 10 out of 21 rounds = 48%:dodgy:

04/03/2012-Round 1 Sunday - Manly in Auckland - W
09/03/2012-Round 2 Friday - Manly in Gosford - W

19/03/2012-Round 3 Monday - Manly in Cronulla - L
24/03/2012-Round 4 Saturday - Manly in Kogarah - L

09/04/2012-Round 6 Monday - Manly in Brookvale - W
14/04/2012-Round 7 Saturday - Manly in Brookvale - L

06/05/2012-Round 9 Sunday - Manly in Brookvale - W
11/05/2012-Round 10 Friday - Manly in Suncorp - W

27/05/2012-Round 12 Sunday - Manly in Penrith - L
01/06/2012-Round 13 Friday - Manly in Brookvale - W

We won 6/10 games with this limited recovery schedule.
------------------------------------------------------
We also had Brett, Glenn, Choc, TRex, Buhrer and Daly off in representative games.

Not forgetting the Four Nations and WCC that the Manly Players had to compete in.

So no wonder the Boys are inconsistent :angel:

But the will to retain the Premiership is all the fuel that Manly needs to keep this arduous season going.:angel:

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4