NSW Cup 2014

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
lsz said:
With a cap and questions over how much we pay the kids (from memory this was a Des gripe ) the club is clearly not in a position to build all spots / a complete team

They must look at dce and foz and think the money is better spent else where I.e on turbo jnr to replace snake in the future

They need to have have replacements for Key Positional Players, they already have numerous players coming through who can play fullback, but we need more Big Mobile Props, If Evans or Foran leave, which they could when their contracts are up, there are no standouts Halves coming through, so that needs to be addressed. Trbojevic is a Prop so won't be replacing Brett Stewart.

Eagle Rock said:
lsz said:
With a cap and questions over how much we pay the kids (from memory this was a Des gripe ) the club is clearly not in a position to build all spots / a complete team

They must look at dce and foz and think the money is better spent else where I.e on turbo jnr to replace snake in the future

They need to have have replacements for Key Positional Players, they already have numerous players coming through who can play fullback, but we need more Big Mobile Props, If Evans or Foran leave, which they could when their contracts are up, there are no standouts Halves coming through, so that needs to be addressed. Trbojevic is a Prop so won't be replacing Brett Stewart.

He's talking about Jake's younger brother Tom who plays FB in Manly's junior rep team.

This is a great mag out now, 2014 Season Guide, NRL player profiles, u20s players, stats and photos, detailed club and premiership records, available at Newsagents.

ifernolan said:
Eagle Rock said:
lsz said:

He's talking about Jake's younger brother Tom who plays FB in Manly's junior rep team.

Yes good chance he could, I think the fullback positioned is well catered for, a few others could play there too. Its the Props and halves we need more of.

So much is made about Manly's winning culture. By not taking reserves seriously seems like the clubs teaching up n coming player a losing culture. Hard to develop players if the teams getting smacked each week. Just ask the eels.

Cliffy said:
So much is made about Manly's winning culture. By not taking reserves seriously seems like the clubs teaching up n coming player a losing culture. Hard to develop players if the teams getting smacked each week. Just ask the eels.
We have no problem developing players from other clubs . :)

BOZO said:
Cliffy said:
We have no problem developing players from other clubs . :)
No one does it like the Sea eagles !!! :)

We are the most successful club of the past decade for a reason
No one can touch us :)

No one compares with the Sea eagles .

I am hearing the new prop Ron Alovili is huge. Former Australian School boy with some anger management issues. Anyone seen him play?

Holden Cup was the only team who won tonight, congratulations to these guys ! 34/20. The ball is still staying in the forwards too much and being starved to the fast guys in the backs, which was proven and in ( games of last season ) in the 2nd half when the Storm started coming back stronger, the Manly forwards who are basically running the Whole show, trying to score tries and then tackle etc were getting tired after doing too much work and their backs are still nice and fresh. This team would be so much better with Decent Halves, they still have their five eighth kicking at times on the 3rd straight to the opposition hands. Manly need to get the ball out wide against Souths and get the Souths forwards tired to prevent injuries upfront. There are a few good players in this team and one of them is Taylor who is playing center this year was an ( Australian Schoolboy Winger last year ) has been defending non stop and making lots of ground in scoops, but needs to be getting more ball on the run with his speed, should be the strike weapon for this team and would love to see him under great halves in Evans and Foran and under a better game plan. Tom T scored a couple but he does like to hog the ball and at times he could offload when he is about to get held up, as with most of the team, they are playing not as a team but for themselves.

Manly NSW Cup were Obliterated. Nothing New but were Disgraceful. 50/10. The Coach needs to go. There are unhappy boys I am hearing in the team and unhappy Holden Cup boys who will find themselves playing at some stage in this team as well and probably under this coach. Enough is enough.

Cliffy said:
May be 2v wants to keep Willow so his job is safe.

I don't know Cliffy but what is the hold with this guy there. Its Embarrassing and I feel for the boys, he must have a hide like a buffalo to still coach this team.

I thought Tom Trbojevic looked great from the hill. Hog or not, the kid looks special to me.
Michael Stigg also looked good for the 20's at hooker.

Have a look at the NSW cup lineup. That should be a top 4 team. That score is simply unacceptable. Something has to change there and quickly. How many more chances is this coach going to get.

That Team was woeful - the Coach must be flicked ASAP :cool:

This is what I paid to sit through yesterday :mad:
Shackleton and Tyson off for 10 after an all in brawl, and Gutho on report :cool:

3 minutes later:
Now Priest is on report for Mounties!

4 mins to go and Alovili just starts swinging :huh:

Something must be going on in the rucks.

Manly knocked on at least 30 times :mad:

Lost 10-50, its going to be another wasted year for our NSW Cup :(

Any reports on the NSW Cup pack. Andrews / Sao / Turbo ?? Who looked good, if anyone.

All of our success has been on the back of our successful Sunshine coast Sea Eagles. Many good players came through that system and now we have gone to this rabble. Why didn't we sign a decent coach for this team and what happened to Brandon Costin he was coach up there back then.

conanu said:
All of our success has been on the back of our successful Sunshine coast Sea Eagles. Many good players came through that system and now we have gone to this rabble. Why didn't we sign a decent coach for this team and what happened to Brandon Costin he was coach up there back then.

Its a disgrace, the boys aren't happy and Manly will lose players. Where is the pride from the club not to do anything about this. Williamson needs to go. I bumped into a few parents of some boys playing in the team and they all want out. No other club would have a bad coach like this on their books for this amount of time. It shows Manly don't care about winning in their other grades and don't care about their players.

conanu said:

http://www.foxsportspulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?c=7-2021-0-0-0&sID=316442

We have been hearing all last year how bad Willo is, what exactly is the issue with him, manly should flick him, despite the floggings there is some talent in that team... Why wouldn't manly give him the flick add get someone in there who can look after and nurture our depth and future talent!?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4