NSW Cup 2014

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
In Round 4 v Parramatta
Harold Matthews lost 26-8
S G Ball lost 34-22

Round 1 of the VB NSW CUP
Manly were defeated by Mounties (feeder club of Canberra)50-10

Its a shame as these Manly's other teams are at the bottom of the ladder

Chip and Chase said:
Any reports on the NSW Cup pack. Andrews / Sao / Turbo ?? Who looked good, if anyone.

I got to Brookie at 3pm to watch the NSW Cup. Never again. They were pathetic. Fortunately the Under 20s showed the spirit lacking in our reserves, and beat a much bigger Melbourne team.

From the NSW Cup: Andrews threw a few punches at (Shackleton, I think) and both got 10 minutes in the bin. Sao did nothing that I could see except crowd around, like another 10 or so players. The only two players that impressed me from the reserves were Turbo Jet - he is a worker, and the winger (O'Dare?) who is fast and willing to crash the ball up.

The Under 20s have three standouts - the fullback, TurboJet Two, the hooker 'Top Gun' Stigg, and No. 10. Sorry I didn't have a program so I'm not yet familiar with the names of the players.

The Who said:
Chip and Chase said:
Any reports on the NSW Cup pack. Andrews / Sao / Turbo ?? Who looked good, if anyone.

I got to Brookie at 3pm to watch the NSW Cup. Never again. They were pathetic. Fortunately the Under 20s showed the spirit lacking in our reserves, and beat a much bigger Melbourne team.

From the NSW Cup: Andrews threw a few punches at (Shackleton, I think) and both got 10 minutes in the bin. Sao did nothing that I could see except crowd around, like another 10 or so players. The only two players that impressed me from the reserves were Turbo Jet - he is a worker, and the winger (O'Dare?) who is fast and willing to crash the ball up.

The Under 20s have three standouts - the fullback, TurboJet Two, the hooker 'Top Gun' Stigg, and No. 10. Sorry I didn't have a program so I'm not yet familiar with the names of the players.
I agree the 20s had more heart than the Cup boys but in the 20s they don't get the ball out to their fast backs and it will be back to losing games if they continue doing that to the much stronger teams including Souths this week. There are boys in there who hog the ball continuously especially in the middle and don't pass, its like an U8s team, they don't play as a team and they have as well like the Cup Team a very Ordinary Coach, as a Good Coach would rectify these problems, change the game plan and get the ball Outwide. They have Crap Halves as well that would be lucky to make the B side for park footy, let alone a Rep Team. They have a Fast Australian Schoolboys outside back and they can't pass him the bloody ball ! Why can't Manly get some of the Great old players that played for the club coaching these sides as both these coaches are TERRIBLE. This 20s side last year under this same coach won the Wooden Spoon.

The doubts and fears about Willo as a coach surfaced half way through last season. Now they are back again after one round of the new season.

Eagle Rock said:
The Who said:
Chip and Chase said:

I agree the 20s had more heart than the Cup boys but in the 20s they don't get the ball out to their fast backs and it will be back to losing games if they continue doing that to the much stronger teams including Souths this week. There are boys in there who hog the ball continuously especially in the middle and don't pass, its like an U8s team, they don't play as a team and they have as well like the Cup Team a very Ordinary Coach, as a Good Coach would rectify these problems, change the game plan and get the ball Outwide. They have Crap Halves as well that would be lucky to make the B side for park footy, let alone a Rep Team. They have a Fast Australian Schoolboys outside back and they can't pass him the bloody ball ! Why can't Manly get some of the Great old players that played for the club coaching these sides as both these coaches are TERRIBLE. This 20s side last year under this same coach won the Wooden Spoon.

I'll bow to your greater knowledge about the players. This was my first look at them (obviously, it was the first game!) but I was heartened to see the fight they put up when it looked like Melbourne would run over them in the second half. Melbourne had some big forwards - one in particular (No. 10 or 12) must have been 6ft 6in and he's under 20?
I did watch Zac Nicolls carefully and I agree, he's nothing special. However, having watched them get flogged virtually every game last year this performance was most welcomed.

The Who said:
Eagle Rock said:
The Who said:
Chip and Chase said:

I'll bow to your greater knowledge about the players. This was my first look at them (obviously, it was the first game!) but I was heartened to see the fight they put up when it looked like Melbourne would run over them in the second half. Melbourne had some big forwards - one in particular (No. 10 or 12) must have been 6ft 6in and he's under 20?
I did watch Zac Nicolls carefully and I agree, he's nothing special. However, having watched them get flogged virtually every game last year this performance was most welcomed.

It certainly was a nice change considering every other Manly Team that played including the S B Ball and Harold Matts all got beaten. But Fridays game will be hard against Souths they have a very good Head Coach who sees his 20s game plan very well. The way Manly 20s keep the ball in the middle the whole time and don't get it out enough, I can't see them doing well against stronger teams with good defence. The Coach does need to address this hogging issue as its annoying and the team won't go forward.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7