Our recruitment priority for 2019

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The right coach and the players will follow. If Madge was to take the job on, we won't have to worry about recruitment, it will take care of itself.

The right coach and the players will follow. If Madge was to take the job on, we won't have to worry about recruitment, it will take care of itself.

Agree, our number 1 recruitment priority is a coach that instills the ATTITUDE and cohesion that it takes to consistently win footy games. These guys are professional athletes and can all play the game, they need a chief, a leader, someone who they fear failing.

Great recruits follow team success, some good ones follow money. No recruit/s, if we have a wrong coach, will make any significant difference.

We just about have the roster to be successful once again, we just don't have any pride, desire or mongrel, which are essential to compete at this level.

A WEAK coach = a 2018 repeat next year.

What ever happened to Peter Schuster? I thought he was up there as Manly's fasterest player. Is he still with the club and is he any chance next in first grade?

really ?
he s not Manly but has alot of experience and an eye for talent if I recall ,but what about Scott Fulton ?

It's been said that Smith is one of the best ever at getting the best out of young blokes (under 20)
His failing was coaching and treating grown men the same way, apparently.

I would like to see us offer taane Milne a basement offer to play NRL again since leaving the tigers. Both Milne and kenny Edwards could be quality bargain buys for our backrow stocks.

I would like to see us offer taane Milne a basement offer to play NRL again since leaving the tigers. Both Milne and kenny Edwards could be quality bargain buys for our backrow stocks.

Milne has long-publicised work ethic and drug use problems and has been sacked for both. Not traits we need at Manly.

Ok with Kenny if he has pulled his head in.

Someone told the jurker they saw maloney talking to penn and gorman

Jurker responded panffers would let him go but not to that basket case of a club

Someone told the jurker they saw maloney talking to penn and gorman

Jurker responded panffers would let him go but not to that basket case of a club
I'm surprised this rumour didn't send silvertails into meltdown a couple of days ago when released

What do u think about Ben Murdoch masila?? Could be another good bargain buy I reckon

Like your thinking. Have watched maybe 4 games of him this year and rate him. Would he be cheap? Are you not happy with our prop stocks?

My big wants are a coach, a great 5/8 and a fullback..

Like your thinking. Have watched maybe 4 games of him this year and rate him. Would he be cheap? Are you not happy with our prop stocks?

My big wants are a coach, a great 5/8 and a fullback..
I think we can definitely do better with our depth in that position. Perrett and Sipley have been quite lacklustre. Talks of Marty shopping himself around, Keppie potentially reneging on his deal and what position tanginoa will play next year. Would probably all play a part in decision making. But all in all I think Ben could be a valuable member of the squad. Would feature on the bench before Paseka I'd imagine also. Price could be an issue, id assume he'd be on decent coin, pounds not dollars too.. but perhaps would like another shot in the NRL if given a lifeline

How can you say the club were reluctant to use him?? He wasn't in the top 30, they couldn't use him.

The NRL would never have allowed us to upgrade him anyway so long as any 3 of Jorge, Aku, Matt Wright, Parker, Jono Wright, Tom Wright, Kelly and Turbo were available at any one time.

Im happy for Funa T.Wright Anderson and suli be given a go but he has scored 45 tries in 57 qlf cup games. Hed be cheap and a good extra option to have. Suli is not a proven winger and either is T.Wright and Anderson and funa are untried rookies. Barrett should have blooded T.wright and Funa all this year, he really ****ed that up for their development

Barrett made a few wrong moves with our top 30 this year. No backup hooker, basically no backup halves made worse by the Hastings saga (and later, Barrett's complete misuse of Hodkinson). We had semi-decent forwards and reserve grade quality outside backs coming out of our ears, but almost no depth in key positions.

Josh Schuster is potentially as good a young footy player you will find....and seems to have the Attitude to match his ability.
Hits like a tram defensively and in attack has great mobility and power with a quality offload (not this throw & hope stuff).
Only problem is the fact he is 3 years off getting a chance at the Top level....provided we keep him!!
3 years? Broncos have played some very young forwards this year in NRL. Haas got hammered but Fifita has done well.

I think we can definitely do better with our depth in that position. Perrett and Sipley have been quite lacklustre. Talks of Marty shopping himself around, Keppie potentially reneging on his deal and what position tanginoa will play next year. Would probably all play a part in decision making. But all in all I think Ben could be a valuable member of the squad. Would feature on the bench before Paseka I'd imagine also. Price could be an issue, id assume he'd be on decent coin, pounds not dollars too.. but perhaps would like another shot in the NRL if given a lifeline
Sipley hasn’t really been given much of an opportunity to be honest...

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8