Pre-Game Panthers v Manly [Round 6, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

44 12
Bluebet Stadium
08 Apr 2023 05:30 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Weekes flourishes at 5/8... is there a future where we have a halves combination of him and Schuster?? Probably unnecessary expectations and pressure on the lad but just a thought
There is always the option of Weekes transitioning to centre. Frank Stanton successfully did this & Billy Smith regularly played centre for the Dragons when George Evans played half. There are probably numerous examples of similar positional switches.

He killed it first game back last week and was looking very good during the off season.

With Schuster, Weekes, Latu and Humphreys the key will be picking the right ones to keep because you can’t fit them all in.
Will be tricky, my ideal preference would be
1. Tom Trbojevic
6. Kaeo Weekes
7. Jamie Humphreys
9. Gordon Chan Kum Tong
13. Josh Schuster
14. Latu Fainu

Meyers and Koula our centres..

I believe the delay has something to do with the standoff over the new CBA. The players have boycotted certain commitments and the photos are one of them.
Yes, I do remember something about Cronulla not letting the NRL officials into their ground while they were training.
I get that. The Knights and Rabbits have four and three players missing respectively from their
1-17. But we are the only club that has a player in their current 1-22 that is wearing his former clubs jersey. It just looks wrong.

With Weakes at 6 , Lawton 14 , Croker 9 , we don't have much speed in the ruck ,so I think they will go for 3 big boppers on the bench Woods /Toff play the power game through the middle

Will be tricky, my ideal preference would be
1. Tom Trbojevic
6. Kaeo Weekes
7. Jamie Humphreys
9. Gordon Chan Kum Tong
13. Josh Schuster
14. Latu Fainu

Meyers and Koula our centres..
Geeez, if they all live up to their potential, this looks pretty good doesn't it. Shu would just have to be happy with moving to 13 and of course, Weekes needs to prove at least as good an option at 5/8 as Shu. My only query would be Latu's role at 14.

Geeez, if they all live up to their potential, this looks pretty good doesn't it. Shu would just have to be happy with moving to 13 and of course, Weekes needs to prove at least as good an option at 5/8 as Shu. My only query would be Latu's role at 14.
Yeah obviously Schu won't be moving, but from what I've seen of Latu, he's quite big for a half, and has that off the cuff live wire feel so this and the fact that he's a couple of years younger makes my bench as team utility

Yeah obviously Schu won't be moving, but from what I've seen of Latu, he's quite big for a half, and has that off the cuff live wire feel so this and the fact that he's a couple of years younger makes my bench as team utility
You never know. In another year or so, Shu might decide that it's not a bad move to 13 to be a ball playing forward. Particularly if we have 2 good halves and a strong forward pack that could lighten the load for him in defence.

No shame in playing centre with creativity like bozo or Jamie Lyon.

I think going on seib’s comments he wants weekes in the 13 so could be Centre once the schu is back.

Lube mobile Brookie still has a few slots left for Saturday Morning. Slots selling fast.

So has Sipley been promoted to the bench? I would assume that he deserves first pick over Fainu and Woods. Or could Vaega be a surprise inclusion instead to cover for the backs?

Either way I like the unpredictability of this squad in terms of mind****ing the Panthers a little bit. Particularly with the inclusions of Saab and Weekes in the 13 this could throw them off their game plan quite a bit. DCE's kicking game is ultra important in this one but we really do have the potential to open the Panthers right up if our passes stick.

No,no no,no to Johns on bench. We need more fire-power up front. Sipley or Fainu needs to be on bench. Panthers are missing Fisher Harris and Martin. We MUST dominate in the forwards if that slow arse backline has any chance of posting points. Seriously it's the slowest most impotent center pairing in the NRL. This is a cautious move and doesn't give me any confidence that Seibold is a risk taker. We have to throw up something the Panfers won't like to have any chance here. Fuking Harper isn't it.

Will Johns sub as dummy half & Lawton as a running forward?

We'll have to continue our discussions to influence Seibold to select the absolute best team next week :)

Edit: maybe the thinking is that without Burbo, there is no cover for outside backs - Weekes to cover those positions & Johns to cover the halves?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8