Penrith v Souths. [Grand final, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

South Sydney have reignited their feud with Penrith only days before the grand final by making a formal complaint to the NRL over the amount of time trainer Hayden Knowles spent on the field during the Panthers’ preliminary final win over Melbourne.

According to Souths, Knowles entered the field 13 times during Penrith’s game against the Storm.

Under NRL rules, trainers are restricted to entering the field of player on three occasions in each half to deliver messages to the players when their team has the ball.

Outside that, they can only access the field when a try is scored, during a video referee decision, to facilitate an interchange, during a time out called by the referee and during a drop out.

South Sydney have reignited their feud with Penrith only days before the grand final by making a formal complaint to the NRL over the amount of time trainer Hayden Knowles spent on the field during the Panthers’ preliminary final win over Melbourne.

According to Souths, Knowles entered the field 13 times during Penrith’s game against the Storm.

Under NRL rules, trainers are restricted to entering the field of player on three occasions in each half to deliver messages to the players when their team has the ball.

Outside that, they can only access the field when a try is scored, during a video referee decision, to facilitate an interchange, during a time out called by the referee and during a drop out.
All started by Alfie Langer.

It’s a Rort these days , basically like a coach on the field for much of the game.

Oh and surprise surprise, Dylan Edwards who’s been walking in a moon boot , and Bryan To,o seen in a wheelchair along with Adam Reynolds can’t kick any more are all “ good to go” for the finals.

All started by Alfie Langer.

It’s a Rort these days , basically like a coach on the field for much of the game.
It's demeaning for the players to have to be given instructions like a six-year-old. I'm not sure many of the forwards from the 60s and 70s would appreciate being told to "harden up" or whatever motivational phrases the trainer is told to bark.
It's particularly galling to watch the captain look to the stand when they receive a penalty to see if the trainer is holding up two fingers to signal "take the kick". Fair dinkum, if the captain (or any experienced player) needs to be told when to take a kick at goal then they must be brain dead.

I'll be watching the Grand Final.. The one from '72 then make my way on to the' 73 and so on. Love how unstructured the footy was then. Always spend the off season watching Manly winning the comps over years.

Don't really care who wins. Penrith have some players who I find a bit too smug and self-satisfied, but they've only ever won twice and never beaten us in a GF. On the other hand I dislike Souths owners and history, and their stupid fans who don't even remember why they are supposed to hate Manly. But I'd like to see them win for Walker. And a guy like Mark Nicholls - where did he even appear from?? Walker didn't even debut in NRL until he was aged 26, which shows how much the modern game prefers robotic Cronk-style playmakers, but I think his skills and vision are much better to watch.

I think the score could be quite different to their QF battle, a bit of a shoot-out, ending something like 30-20.
I agree with everything you’ve said here apart from wanting Bunnies to win for Walker...I love watching him play too but he has a massive chip on his shoulder that is hard to stomach (much like those smug Panthers you refer to).

That’s what sucks about this GF:
  • Crowe
  • Bennett
  • Gagai
  • Walker
  • Critchton
  • Cleary 1 and 2
  • Luai (Burton and To’o to a lesser extent)
all make up some of the worst personalities in the game...they’re either arrogant, tough guys or excessive in their celebrations...all of which I can’t stand.

As much as it pains me to say, I think Penrith on the back of only having won 2 comps in their history. We don’t need the pride of the league going into overdrive for the next few months.

I agree with everything you’ve said here apart from wanting Bunnies to win for Walker...I love watching him play too but he has a massive chip on his shoulder that is hard to stomach (much like those smug Panthers you refer to).

That’s what sucks about this GF:
  • Crowe
  • Bennett
  • Gagai
  • Walker
  • Critchton
  • Cleary 1 and 2
  • Luai (Burton and To’o to a lesser extent)
all make up some of the worst personalities in the game...they’re either arrogant, tough guys or excessive in their celebrations...all of which I can’t stand.

As much as it pains me to say, I think Penrith on the back of only having won 2 comps in their history. We don’t need the pride of the league going into overdrive for the next few months.
Penrith sucks much less than South’s

That’s all

It's demeaning for the players to have to be given instructions like a six-year-old. I'm not sure many of the forwards from the 60s and 70s would appreciate being told to "harden up" or whatever motivational phrases the trainer is told to bark.
It's particularly galling to watch the captain look to the stand when they receive a penalty to see if the trainer is holding up two fingers to signal "take the kick". Fair dinkum, if the captain (or any experienced player) needs to be told when to take a kick at goal then they must be brain dead.
I think it's " stay down and get a HIA free interchange"

I'll tolerate the Panthers winning if Yeo is man of the match. I came across him jogging on a steep bush track in the Blue Mountains a few years ago, just a tall skinny guy and as he passed me I thought, Oh that's Isaah Yeo. In the last 18 months his game has gone ahead several levels, not sure what triggered it but he's definitely a key man for them now. Seems a decent bloke too.

It should be a good game. I would prefer the Panthers to win as a reward for knocking the Storm out of the comp. Also, Cleary, Luai, To'o, Yeo & Martin were instrumental in the Blues win this year.

The big day is here

For some
Tired Good Night GIF by MLB

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8