PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Manly vs Storm [Round 1, 2020]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
You'd never make a body like Schuster get up and down making tackle after tackle after tackle at 9. He is a big body.

He is also fast. He has great acceleration. One of his pet plays at 6 is to skip across defenders and dip into the line. You watch him do at training and it looks like he is jogging and then bang, he has beaten you with a turn of speed. He is an outstanding athlete.

You could always shove Chez there (at 9) for 20 mins or so if/when Levi gets tired and bring Schuster into the halves.
I'm pretty certain we will see either Croker or Cust on the bench to begin with though - not that either of them bring much defensively but they are a fair bit more experienced.

You'd never make a body like Schuster get up and down making tackle after tackle after tackle at 9. He is a big body.

He is also fast. He has great acceleration. One of his pet plays at 6 is to skip across defenders and dip into the line. You watch him do at training and it looks like he is jogging and then bang, he has beaten you with a turn of speed. He is an outstanding athlete.

Snake when can you see him make his debut?

Schuster would be an absolute waste at hooker.however, I reckon. Round 5 for him to be 5/8

Snake when can you see him make his debut?
Des will protect him somewhat...conservative approach. If Chez goes down injured, I expect to see Croker or Cust get a run but if Walker goes down, I think Schuster could get a run because he would be replacing the "runner" in the halves as opposed to the director.

In saying that, I don't think Des even knows yet...so much depends on circumstance when it comes to timing a players debut...an injury crisis could hit and we have no choice but to play him, or we could start the season strong and he will be surplus to requirements.

I can even see him getting a run at centre or backrow if the opportunity arises due to injury...he is a gun centre. Great footwork and can hold the ball in one hand and offload in traffic.

Des will protect him somewhat...conservative approach. If Chez goes down injured, I expect to see Croker or Cust get a run but if Walker goes down, I think Schuster could get a run because he would be replacing the "runner" in the halves as opposed to the director.

In saying that, I don't think Des even knows yet...so much depends on circumstance when it comes to timing a players debut...an injury crisis could hit and we have no choice but to play him, or we could start the season strong and he will be surplus to requirements.

I can even see him getting a run at centre or backrow if the opportunity arises due to injury...he is a gun centre. Great footwork and can hold the ball in one hand and offload in traffic.
Ive mentioned a few times I reckon centre could be a great position for him. Not a very popular opinion with silvertails for some reason. Could play Centre, 5/8, 2nd row or Lock at a pinch. If Des decides to continue with Walker at 5/8 then maybe centre could be the best way to ease him into 1st grade.

Ive mentioned a few times I reckon centre could be a great position for him. Not a very popular opinion with silvertails for some reason. Could play Centre, 5/8, 2nd row or Lock at a pinch. If Des decides to continue with Walker at 5/8 then maybe centre could be the best way to ease him into 1st grade.
Foz started in the centre’s and he was a handy 5/8 in the end.

Yeah I agree. Centres and halves have a lot in common. A good centre will organise his edge, defend well and offer some playmaking ability/attacking creativity. Many centres here have transitioned between centre and a halves role eg. Jamie Lyon, Foz, Walker

think this is close ?

Attachments

• rnd 1.jpg
    rnd 1.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 55
Old Darius tried his hardest to get that final year but he a speed bump these days.

Another example of a club signing a player for 3 years instead of what really should have been 1.

To be honest I’m surprised they didn’t get a medical retirement for him, being one of the super clubs and all.

Last edited:
Another example of a club aligning a player for 3 years instead of what really should have been 1.

To be honest I’m surprised they didn’t get a medical retirement for him, being one of the super clubs and all.
Yeah I guess it's always a risk, snake was shadow of himself in last season. What it gives the bastards is fair bit on money on open market.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4