Rd8 Bulldogs v Manly Sea Eagles game day chat thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
RE: The game

susan said:
The odds must be based on Stewart/s and Foran returning(although Glenn will be well short of a run). If so we are a solid chance but no better than even money.

If they do not play the odds are a joke.Our price against the Dogs away from home with the side we fielded against Titans should be $2.60-$3.
Glenn would have been able to run so we shouldn't worry too much about him being short of a gallop, a lay-off didn't hinder him much in the GF.

The bookmakers generally tend to have the best idea of who is in or out, so that looks hopeful.

RE: Rd8 BullScum v Manly Sea Eagles game day chat thread

Manly by 13+

I sense a massive game from the boys and it will be the game that kick starts our year again, Tooves will have em ready.

Poor old Dessie will be so stressed and that will rub off on the scum dogs, also Dessie to go through more than one microphone head set on the night and maybe a dunny door.

Earnie the Eagle said:
I know we are wearing the camo jersey for Anzac Day anyone know what the dogs are doing?
This might just work … I can picture it now … Manly dressed in camo, Foz announces he'll stay, then stars as we win.
Next day's headline (of course): "Foran Legion"
(Love to see it happen!)

I can see someone making a banner of "Foran Legion" if he stays.

All I have found so far that the dogs are doing is selling an irrelevant blue t shirt.

My biggest concern with this game was always that perhaps the game that the result won't mean as much to the players as it does to the fans. I'm not saying they would never not try 100%, but if the collective will of the supporters group was able to be chanelled into the players for the game we'd win by triple figures. However, our last game loss and the boost of hopefully a couple of returning players, I'm more than confident we can get the job done and a performance like the one against the Titans won't be happening.

Rd8 BullScum v Manly Sea Eagles game day chat thread

Wolfpack said:
simon64 said:
I hope we give them a toweling.
Never wanted to win so badly.

I generally want the team to win finals matches more than a round 8 game, tbh.

With a 3W 4L record we need to win games like this to make finals football.

Did nobody watch the Titan's game?

Almost none of the players are focused on the task at hand.

The Dogs will pump us on the scoreboard and then pump us in the player market by pinching one or possibly two of our best players.

What if I didn't receive an email. I am a member but have real problems receiving emails from the club.

MissKate said:
What if I didn't receive an email. I am a member but have real problems receiving emails from the club.
Pm me your email address & I'll forward it on

Or anyone else too

RE: The game

I think the players are emotionally geared up to this game and just possibly the chumps might be a tad over confident. Manly 13+ to win.

Earnie the Eagle said:
I know we are wearing the camo jersey for Anzac Day anyone know what the dogs are doing?

Probably wearing a new maroon and white stripe jersey to keep in line with their "Be Manly Be A Bulldog" slogan and be everything else Manly.

Good news on @wolfmanwilliams. He just tweaked his glute in #CvC and he should be right to play on Friday night

when will the team be announced ? Taking forever !

wizball1973 said:
The Dogs will pump us on the scoreboard and then pump us in the player market by pinching one or possibly two of our best players.
They do seem to have us by the short and curly's atm.

Don't worry Nicci the match is not played on paper, on twitter or radio talkshows. Out on the field our team will take it right to them. As they will again next year, regardless of who's in the lineup.

I can only believe that the Bulldogs are even more pathetic than I thought.

This round is associated with Anzac Day.

Manly players will wear a special jersey to commemorate our past and present troops and all those mongrel dogs come up with is a blue t shirt that has nothing to do with commemorating the day.

It seems that Greenburg and his motley crew think that putting the boot into Manly is more important that remembering the sacrifices of our Anzacs.

Regardless of the outcome of the game, I know what team will be the winners on Friday.

Maybe Greenturd should donate all the money from the sale of those shirts to Legacy, oh and to you Bulldog trolls post this on your kennel forum, you guys must be proud of your club.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6