Pre-Game Roosters v Manly [Round 23, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

26 16
Sydney Cricket Ground
03 Aug 2023 07:50 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Roosters v Manly [Round 23, 2023]

MATCH DAY

Thursday 03 August July 2023

Venue:
.... Sydney Cricket Ground, Moore Park, NSW

Gates Open:.... TBA.

NRL Kick Off Time:.... Sydney Roosters v Manly Warringah Sea Eagles: 7:50pm.

TICKETING

Click here

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles

01. Reuben Garrick
02. Jason Saab
03. Brad Parker
04. Tolutau Koula
05. Raymond Tuaimalo Vaega
06. Josh Schuster
07. Daly Cherry-Evans (C)

08. Toafofoa Sipley
09. Lachlan Croker
10. Matthew Lodge
11. Haumole Olakau'atu
12. Kelma Tuilagi
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Ben Trbojevic
15. Aaron Woods
16. Dean Matterson
17. Ethan Bullemor

Replacement:

18. Ben Condon.

Reserves:

19. Jake Arthur.

Out:

20. Kaeo Weekes
21. Morgan Harper
22. Gordon Chan Kum Tong - Development Player.

Available But Not Selected:
  • Sean Keppie
  • Samuela Fainu
  • Cooper Johns
  • Morgan Boyle
  • Zac Fulton
  • Nathaniel Roache
  • Latu Fainu
  • Jamie Humphreys - Development Player
  • Fletcher Myers - Development Player
  • Jacob Sykes - Development Player.

From the 'NRL Casualty Ward - All the Latest Injury News, Updates & Returns Details' web page, Here is the Latest NRL Injured or Unavailable Update:

* * * (Updated: Tuesday, 01 Aug 2023) * * *

Sea Eagles winger Christian Tuipulotu is currently in a knee brace and is set to miss 2-3 weeks after suffering a Grade 2 MCL injury against the Dragons.

Manly teammate Taniela Paseka has undergone surgery to repair a knee injury after rupturing his medial ligament in Round 21 against the Sharks while Josh Aloiai is set for a shoulder reconstruction which will rule him out for the rest of the season.

Manly Sea Eagles
  • Ben Trbojevic (Hamstring, Round 23)
  • Karl Lawton (Calf, Round 23-24)
  • Christian Tuipulotu (Knee, Round 25)
  • Taniela Paseka (Knee, Finals)
  • Josh Aloiai (Shoulder, Season)
  • Tom Trbojevic (Pectoral, Season)

Also, from the NRL Casualty Ward, Manly hub page, there are slight variations to the information regarding the unavailable or injured players and their return periods:

• Ben Trbojevic (Hamstring, Round 23)
  • Karl Lawton (Calf, Round 24)
  • Christian Tuipulotu (Knee, TBC)
  • Josh Aloiai (Shoulder, Next Season)
  • Tom Trbojevic (Pectoral, Next Season)
  • Taniela Paseka (Knee, Finals)

#Migoty without doubt. Basically we need this game plus Dogs and Tigers and to knock over either Riff or Warriors

It would be nice to keep the season alive for at least another week. Plus I hate the cap cheating chickens

#Migoty without doubt.

It would be nice to keep the season alive for at least another week.
#dejavu

Let’s hope our players don’t have religious objections to turning up this time…

Let’s also hope that the one player we have who always turns up (with apologies to Jake) manages to find an intercept again…

Not liking our mounting injury list, now Tui, he'll be missed.
His hit ups will be missed and he has a positive energy and effect on the playing group, he carried the ball 12 times for 113m last night, leading the post contact meters with 55, but his defence is wobbly….2 tackles, 2 misses @ 50%, then there’s his defensive reads, ability to jam in and shut a play down etc that have you worrying every time the attack plays right.

Our injuries are what they are and it’s not ideal, what is good however, is seeing the next man up type of mentality, perhaps coming into the equation, saying that because we’ve now gone back to back under less than perfect circumstances.

It’s already been mentioned, but our online defence over the last 2 weeks has been notably better, our scramble and working for each other, much better.

It’s amazing what winning can do for a side, equally losing has a similar but opposite effect, which brings us into the chooks game on the right side of the ledger, 3 games in 11 day though as Global mentioned is poor scheduling and a tuff ask, but there‘s nothing like playing when your winning, no doubt it’ll be a hard game, where on a hat trick with everything to play for V the chooks who now look to be playing for pride only and seem to be in all sort winning only 1 from there last 5.

I‘m looking forward to the game again and hope we can use that winning momentum to our advantage, no doubt everyone’s on board and wants to keep our season alive, who ever comes in for Tui, just has to do the job, we can beat the chooks, interesting wait for TLT now.

Last edited:
Only one day diff for Easts as well. Not ideal but gotta deal with it. Gotta feeling we’ll lose this one but will upset either Riff or NZ then win the last 2 just to miss out.

At least we have something to cheer for each week coming home. Need other results to go our way as well. Cmon Titans this arvo! Surely Tigers, saints and dogs will jag another win somewhere on the way home hoping against the sides sitting around us (but hopefully not v us!)

Chooks are cooked, and they know it.

We are a chance , but our injury woes make this very very hard.
I don’t think the Chooks are ever cooked. As much as I despise them I do acknowledge they have a lot of pride in their jersey and love to play spoilers.

No excuses here. Time for Manly to toughen up and get this win. I think the space between games gets better after Roosters and just in time for two more really tough games. I think we are lucky scheduling wise.

I don’t sense we are good enough to make the eight with this 2023 squad. I feel we are more like a Barrett team than a Des team but I’m open to have them surprise me.

It’s going to take another level, and a few wild cards to get us there.

NYEagle

I don’t think the Chooks are ever cooked. As much as I despise them I do acknowledge they have a lot of pride in their jersey and love to play spoilers.

No excuses here. Time for Manly to toughen up and get this win. I think the space between games gets better after Roosters and just in time for two more really tough games. I think we are lucky scheduling wise.

I don’t sense we are good enough to make the eight with this 2023 squad. I feel we are more like a Barrett team than a Des team but I’m open to have them surprise me.

NYEagle
I have zero expectations of top 8, and even if we made it , we’d be cannon fodder.

So to be honest I’m more looking at the boys entertaining us fans , and building for 2024.

I’d love to win 3 out of the remaining games, any more an absolute bonus.

I expect we’ll win less , and much less would be a disappointment.

NYEagle
No JWH for Chooks next week which should help.

I have zero expectations of top 8, and even if we made it , we’d be cannon fodder.

So to be honest I’m more looking at the boys entertaining us fans , and building for 2024.

I’d love to win 3 out of the remaining games, any more an absolute bonus.

I expect we’ll win less , and much less would be a disappointment.
Yep I feel the same. At least we have a team to cheer for that’s still in the race. If TT didn’t get injured in origin it might have been a closer race. Feel we will finish short by a game.

Oops just realised I read it wrong.

Waerea-Hargreaves was charged with a Grade 1 Careless High Tackle offence on Payne Haas and faces a fine of $3,000 with an early guilty plea, which rises to a suspension of two games if he unsuccessfully contests the charge at the judiciary.

Oops just realised I read it wrong.

Waerea-Hargreaves was charged with a Grade 1 Careless High Tackle offence on Payne Haas and faces a fine of $3,000 with an early guilty plea, which rises to a suspension of two games if he unsuccessfully contests the charge at the judiciary.
How do you go from a $3K fine to 2 games suspension if contest it. That is fuking rediculous. The dog should've copped a week at least going on his record alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8