[Resurrected] SACK Des Hasler!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Think the number would be closer to a $mil for Walker & Foz. $550K for Taufua, Boyle & Davey (think Davey alone was $280K, Taufua $120K then what Boyle was on) So it would be good to know where the $2.2 mil was spent for next year?
And we are still in the dark on what Captain Marvel is on in 24 and 25, the longer the secret the more it starts to smell.

Those rounds, pretty much the entire starting backline, and half the forward pack were gone, I didn’t go into any of those games expecting a great result, some of those games turned out better than I expected (Parra for example we competed well for 60), some came out worse than expected, (ending of the Titans game)

People can say injuries are just an excuse, to some extent they are correct, but look at the impact on Melbourne’s season they had, flying halfway through to out the back door of the 4 and then the comp. The stats on availability of the squads in the finals last week showed just how important being fit is at the back end of the season. Below is near a starting 13 that we had unavailable, outside of the halves we were hammered

Tom
Garrick
Parker
Harper
Saab
Aloiai
Lawton
Paseka
Keppie
Jake
Sure. But they didn’t look like they cared.

And we are still in the dark on what Captain Marvel is on in 24 and 25, the longer the secret the more it starts to smell.
What on earth are you talking about? All players contracts are confidential, sure the media likes to guess at some, and sometimes player agents like to hint at figures for strategic purposes, but if you think there is something fishy about DCE's deal because the figures haven't been passed on to Bulldog and Buzz, or announced in a member bulletin, then you are barking up the wrong tree.
Of course you could always be the first to disclose your own income, if you're worried it might smell bad if you don't?

Des has coached us to two finals appearances in four seasons including a top 4 finish last year and was in the eight this year until pride saga and injuries de railed us.

Why is he under any pressure at all or is he not and it is just that he wants an extension ? Why wouldn’t we give him at least one year extension with the above results.

Who are we going to replace him with ? Trent Barrett, Garth Brennan, Nathan Brown.

Or an untried coach.

I don’t get it
I really think it's a personality clash with Des and Penn, also Penn doesn't want to commit for 2024 if the same $hit is dished up for the first 8 or so rounds and doesn't want to pay out Des , again, perhaps Des should back his own ability for next year, and if things are going well then he gets another extension

You seem to think every thing is just rosy ... in all your "save Dessie" posts you seem to skip over the fact that after 4 years of Dessie's way ... the entire club is a basket case .... exactly the same as it was at the Bulldogs after 5 years of Dessie's way ....
Mate we have butted heads in the past so its safe to say we will never see eye to eye on all this.
I just don't get your outlook. I don't understand it.

Firstly I'm not saying everything is rosy. It isn't.

This club has had 20 years of a rose that smells like **** and only one guy has ever given us fans any success. Des.

He took over from the ashes of the northern eagles and created a dynasty. Without him im not sure 2007 - 2013 would have happened. He bought in the players. He recruited the players like Killer who elevated our team. He won us those premiership even thou the club tried to implode from upper management.

Fast forward to this stint and yes there has been disappointing results but there have been some great seasons too.

You will no doubt deny it but you were one of the very few Tbaz fanboys and for whatever reason stats and facts don't apply when you post sometimes.

Finally if there was a top shelf coach available that would even consider coming here then snap him up now. I don't have any issues with that.

Truth is there isn't and Des is best placed to lead us for now.... you can counter that point all you like but there's no way you or any other of the sack des faction can give us a name right now that isn't covered in unicorn poo and total dream.

Does anyone know if we don't spend to our salary cap next year can we spend more the next year? ie salary cap plus what we haven't spent the year before?

Could the reason be we are holding back for next year to get other marque player late next year for 2024. Don't know?

Well, I guess 11 or 12th in 2023. I just don’t get why Hasler hasn’t improved DCE or Jake or anyone else’s game in the last three or four years. Isn’t that what coaches are paid to do? The slides been on since then, with the exception of Vlandy’s ball last year.

Does anyone know if we don't spend to our salary cap next year can we spend more the next year? ie salary cap plus what we haven't spent the year before?

Could the reason be we are holding back for next year to get other marque player late next year for 2024. Don't know?
From memory you have to use 95% of your salary cap each year.

Just for the record ... since Des came back to Manly in 2019:

Played: 97
Won: 48 (49.84%)
Lost: 49

With Turbo playing:
Played: 44
Won: 30 (68.18%)
Lost: 14

Without Turbo playing:
Played: 53
Won: 18 (33.96%)
Lost: 35

Did you know that we haven't actually had a drawn game since Round 10 of 2013? We drew 10-all with Melbourne at AAMI Park.

Last edited:
Honestly mate, I didn't like the way he was involved with Greenburg, with those dodgy emails that were leaked, where they were conniving together to break a contract. Also hated how he took Hopoate with him. That said, it brought us Tooves, and I thought he did an amazing job.
Ok mate het what your saying. However
He wanted a contract extension at the end of 2010 and they dicked him around and continued to dick him around into 2011 before greenturd pounced.

He didn't take hoppa. Hoppa went on his mission and then went to Parramatta bro

Just going to leave this here. I notice the late great bozo doesn't make the top 5 on this list. But des does

Attachments

• 7F2D921A-5E50-4790-8FF6-EF260E01EE8B.jpeg
    7F2D921A-5E50-4790-8FF6-EF260E01EE8B.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 49
I’d like to see Seibold given a chance with Glenn Stewart as forwards coach and maybe Brett as a backs coach, maybe Jamie could be encouraged to put his hand up. I’ve stood on the hill for the past few years and haven’t seen a game plan of any sort, and why hasn’t DCE been told about his deficiencies.
I like the idea of Gifty - does he have any coaching experience?
Jamie was living up my way and was coaching/playing in the local grades but not sure what he's up to now. Was golfing at one stage too, I think.

What usually happens if a club doesn't spend its full cap for the season is that they front load a player for that year, ie pay him more than what the annual amount would be and then less the following year, that way we may have enough to spend on a name player

What usually happens if a club doesn't spend its full cap for the season is that they front load a player for that year, ie pay him more than what the annual amount would be and then less the following year, that way we may have enough to spend on a name player
So there lies the question. If we have got rid of say $2.2mil of players would it be a hard reach that we have prepaid players for next year / year after so we can buy marque players in 2023 / 2024?

• 👍
Reactions: R3
Ok mate het what your saying. However
He wanted a contract extension at the end of 2010 and they dicked him around and continued to dick him around into 2011 before greenturd pounced.

He didn't take hoppa. Hoppa went on his mission and then went to Parramatta bro

He took Crusher and Donny with him, and rumor had him trying to take Snake with him. But you're 100% correct about Hopoate. He went on his 2 year mission after the 2011 Premiership win, and IIRC he did sign with the Eels before he actually took his 2 years off.

Because it happened all around the same time as Des going to the Dogs, and because Hoppa also ended up at the Dogs a few years later, that could be where facts are being mixed up. After all, it was a decade or so ago.

Last edited:
Interesting that you used the Knights, and not the Sharks, Bunnies, Raiders or Cowboys who let their 1st string halves leave (for various reasons) yet are still in the comp and playing finals footy week 2.

To the others, there are so many coaches available , it's ridiculous. Jesus Bellamy will be off contract then, and throw enough money at him, anything is possible. Money talks. Over to you Penn. I've just sorted out your succession - open the wallet.
When has penn ever really opened his pocket? As for Bellamy??? Theres more chance of you and me hooking up and having a love child MOD....

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8