[Resurrected] SACK Des Hasler!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I've a little horn on the Des situation to be completely honest.
my little pony horn GIF

Like this one?

Just had some rumours shared to me that in support of all the staff that are being sacked that he’s going to walk away from the next 12 months of his contract.

The source is relatively connected but certainly not inner circle.
It's all in the phrasing sometimes isn't it Mark? "In support of all the staff that are being sacked" easily translates to throwing his toys out of the cot or taking his bat and ball and going home because he can't have what he wants.
Alternately, the club has squeezed him into an untenable corner.
Oh to be a fly on the wall when two of the biggest tight arses in the game go head to head over each others money.
Juicy!

To be honest the only way this club will move forward is new football brain owners , Des gone , DCE gone and any pride jersey/61 gang bangers gone.
You're partially correct :)

No way do I want see young guns Haumole, Koula, Saab, Schuster, Vaega & co leave the club.

Last edited:
I'm not a massive Des fan (not since the end of 2011 anyway). I think that's been pretty obvious by my posts since he returned. However, I am not sure that punting Des right now is the answer to all of our problems. In fact forcing Des's resignation for next season could actually exacerbate deeper and systemic issues within MWSE. This could well be a time when we should all be careful what we wish for. My two cents.

Look guys. Des Hasler was a legend of our club, and he had a RICH vein of form as a coach as we all know.

BUT:

It's lunacy doing same thing year after year and wanting something different. At BEST Des has been inconsistent in his return to us.

There will be decisions made, and those decisions won't please many people, but we have to make them.

I would be talking with Slater.

Proven winner on the field, Bellamy trained, would go the extra mile (even if grubby) to win.

Knows the club, but from the position of being a former enemy.
I’d through the cheque book at him, whatever it cost get it done, so many positives its beyond obvious.

I’d through the cheque book at him, whatever it cost get it done, so many positives its beyond obvious.

Two points on this and all the discussion on Slater;

1. He has an extremely successful suite of business, property and equine interests along with a fairly good NECo contract affording him time to focus on his coaching commitments for the QRL.

2. Surely you jest in relation to the cheque book and our current owner; "Sean the Yank" wouldn't throw the cheque book in the event that some one grabs hold of it and spends some of the Penn money.

He is spending a majority of the Penn "football" money on many a soiree in New York to woo people who have zero interest in the game but feed his ego.

I would throw up if he became part of our system - I understand the apparent lure based on one origin series. However given the fact so many have rung the death knell for our team nest year...maybe look within? I don't know, but the facts show Manly win premierships with Manly people

Two points on this and all the discussion on Slater;

1. He has an extremely successful suite of business, property and equine interests along with a fairly good NECo contract affording him time to focus on his coaching commitments for the QRL.

2. Surely you jest in relation to the cheque book and our current owner; "Sean the Yank" wouldn't throw the cheque book in the event that some one grabs hold of it and spends some of the Penn money.

He is spending a majority of the Penn "football" money on many a soiree in New York to woo people who have zero interest in the game but feed his ego.
Im not as across the inner workings of the club - but I am intrigued who is this "Sean the Yank"?

Just expanding with thoughts on the list of available Coaches by MOD to replace Des from a post above....

Anthony Seibold (Manly DNA) -

assistant coach doesn't really give him manly DNA unless Toovey played hide the saussage game and left some in there. I won't rule him out completely but only a 5% chance.

Walker Brothers (Manly DNA) -

yes one played for us. These guys would be my choice for assistant rolls.

Geoff Toovey (Manly DNA) -

will never happen and as much as I love the guy I'm not sure he's a top coach in his own right.

Cooper Cronk (likely as an assistant though) -

how to even answer this? Cronk gives away his multi million dollar fox job and brown paper bag pension at rooters to take an assistant roll on what? 150k at best? Yeah nah won't happen.

Kristian Woolf I already suggested previously (but Bennett snapped him up) -

he's gone so moot point

Shane Flanagan (knows the modern game) -

and how to systematically dope ( allegedly ) his entire team. Seems blackballed from RL community.

John Morris really got the sharks firing (or another smokey like Hannay with QLD contacts)

- before he was sacked for poor results in a team that is now going really well.

Craig Bellamy (pay him ANYTHING for 2024) - seriously?

Nah you are taking the piss.

Greenturd got Des to break his contract - try the same with Robinson -

yep leave a well run club on big money to come to Manly on less money with dysfunctional owners and a desire to self harm from within.... sound like it could happen....

Again I go back to the age old issue of there is no one better to replace Des who is Available now.

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
9 7 2 72 16
8 7 1 56 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8