[Resurrected] SACK Des Hasler!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Ok mate het what your saying. However
He wanted a contract extension at the end of 2010 and they dicked him around and continued to dick him around into 2011 before greenturd pounced.

He didn't take hoppa. Hoppa went on his mission and then went to Parramatta bro

I hated the way they treated Des. Penn coming out talking KPI's when he'd just won a GF was a joke.

That then leaves me to Tooves, who was also white anted and treated like rubbish from those clowns in their Lofty tower (Penn & co.).

I think we are on the same page mate.

I wonder what will happen if we win a wooden spoon, if we are flipping out so much after finishing 11th the year after making it to finals week 3.

He took Crusher and Donny with him, and rumor had him trying to take Snake with him. But you're 100% correct about Hopoate. He went on his 2 year mission after the 2011 Premiership win, and IIRC he did sign with the Eels before he actually took his 2 years off.

Because it happened all around the same time as Des going to the Dogs, and because Hoppa also ended up at the Dogs a few years later, that could be where facts are being mixed up. After all, it was a decade or so ago.
Incorrect he did not take donny. He took others but not donny.

Don was sacked when that moron barrett brought that red headed muppet with him.

Des did take others. But not donny. And the way he was disrespected and treated by penn you can't blame des for that. And it's happening again

I really think it's a personality clash with Des and Penn, also Penn doesn't want to commit for 2024 if the same $hit is dished up for the first 8 or so rounds and doesn't want to pay out Des , again, perhaps Des should back his own ability for next year, and if things are going well then he gets another extension
Totally a personality clash with Penn obviously wanting to be top dog and have the power over Des and Des isn't having a bar of it. Totally ridiculous. Penn needs to have faith in his CEO to run the club and Des to coach. Penn has absolutely no idea about Rugby League and has no interest in the club except if it makes him money.

Mate we have butted heads in the past so its safe to say we will never see eye to eye on all this.
I just don't get your outlook. I don't understand it.

Firstly I'm not saying everything is rosy. It isn't.

This club has had 20 years of a rose that smells like **** and only one guy has ever given us fans any success. Des.

He took over from the ashes of the northern eagles and created a dynasty. Without him im not sure 2007 - 2013 would have happened. He bought in the players. He recruited the players like Killer who elevated our team. He won us those premiership even thou the club tried to implode from upper management.

Fast forward to this stint and yes there has been disappointing results but there have been some great seasons too.

You will no doubt deny it but you were one of the very few Tbaz fanboys and for whatever reason stats and facts don't apply when you post sometimes.

Finally if there was a top shelf coach available that would even consider coming here then snap him up now. I don't have any issues with that.

Truth is there isn't and Des is best placed to lead us for now.... you can counter that point all you like but there's no way you or any other of the sack des faction can give us a name right now that isn't covered in unicorn poo and total dream.
Spot on!

Just based on present circumstances , just can 't see what the problem is with Des having at least some benchmarks applied to him for the i st quarter or so of next season and consideration for a contract extension then . Obviously had some mitigating factors not in his favour this season , some of not his own making but some also directly on him . Just some type of an open ended assurance to be the coach again in 2024 doesn 't seem to just be compatible with present circumstances and the situation with the side "s performance level in general this season . He seems to be hardly in demand with other clubs on current indications also , not saying he has passed his use by date but just can "t identify with him that bit of an aura he had in his previous late Manly stint and just after . Also just seems to have a genuine problem with some necessary degree of flexibility and adjusting to the vagaries of the modern style of play . He can have all of the stability he wants during this off season and into next season but will have to be some type of reckoning after the i st quarter of next season or so and if he can still fit the bill to get the side back on track again

Just based on present circumstances , just can 't see what the problem is with Des having at least some benchmarks applied to him for the i st quarter or so of next season and consideration for a contract extension then . Obviously had some mitigating factors not in his favour this season , some of not his own making but some also directly on him . Just some type of an open ended assurance to be the coach again in 2024 doesn 't seem to just be compatible with present circumstances and the situation with the side "s performance level in general this season . He seems to be hardly in demand with other clubs on current indications also , not saying he has passed his use by date but just can "t identify with him that bit of an aura he had in his previous late Manly stint and just after . Also just seems to have a genuine problem with some necessary degree of flexibility and adjusting to the vagaries of the modern style of play . He can have all of the stability he wants during this off season and into next season but will have to be some type of reckoning after the i st quarter of next season or so and if he can still fit the bill to get the side back on track again
Yep, it doesn't seem too unreasonable. Especially knowing what a stats man he has always been, you'd think he'd see the need to improve his numbers to get the confidence of the bloke that holds the cheque book. Irrespective of what Penn's real interest is in the club. I just want to see 2 things from Des next year - 1. some real starch back in the defence (thru fitness and aggression) 2. some creative ideas back into the attack. They have enough flair there to just simply run more of the same old "out the back" backline moves. Come on Dessie, I'm sticking with ya but you've got to return the faith!!!

Last edited:
Yep, it doesn't seem too unreasonable. Especially knowing what a stats man he has always been, you'd think he'd see he needs to improve his numbers to get the confidence of the bloke that holds the cheque book. Irrespective of what Penn's real interest is in the club. I just want to see 2 things from Des next year - 1. some real starch back in the defence (thru fitness and aggression) 2. some creative ideas back into the attack. They have enough flair there to just simply run more of the same old "out the back" backline moves. Come on Dessie, I'm sticking with ya but you've got to return the faith!!!
Optimistic at best , very sadly !!

He seems very much locked in to “ his way “ these days , which worked beautifully in 2011 but the game has changed dramatically.

And I just don’t think Des has.

As I’ve said constantly if he could just step back and take some input from the young assistants I think we’d have much better success but as you know that just isn’t likely.

Optimistic at best , very sadly !!

He seems very much locked in to “ his way “ these days , which worked beautifully in 2011 but the game has changed dramatically.

And I just don’t think Des has.

As I’ve said constantly if he could just step back and take some input from the young assistants I think we’d have much better success but as you know that just isn’t likely.
Yep, you're probably right but I'm trying to stay optimistic. By the way, I tried a bottle of the Jacob's Creek Double Barrel Cab Sav with dinner last night - the one that you suggested a while back - 👍Now if we can just get Dessie to age like a good red, our footy might become more palatable.

Yep, it doesn't seem too unreasonable. Especially knowing what a stats man he has always been, you'd think he'd see he needs to improve his numbers to get the confidence of the bloke that holds the cheque book. Irrespective of what Penn's real interest is in the club. I just want to see 2 things from Des next year - 1. some real starch back in the defence (thru fitness and aggression) 2. some creative ideas back into the attack. They have enough flair there to just simply run more of the same old "out the back" backline moves. Come on Dessie, I'm sticking with ya but you've got to return the faith!!!
Yeah defence or lack of some serious or intense level over the 80 is a real problem . Really just have to be turning up for each other irrespective of the make up of the game day side . just don "t seem to have [ or did have ] the right mix in the pack to sustain a high level or high energy defence for the entirety of a match . Think that this Tuilagi is more mobile then some may think and he really has to be to take over Davey "s role . If Jake would move to prop , just not a automatic 13 replacement if Schuster can make a go of the 6 role . Alioia and Paseka and Oloka - atu , not really that inspiring with the rest , Bullemor with some still undoubted potential , Tuitavake and Sykes good chance as well . No current backs to make a suitable forward conversion . Parker would be the closest . A lot of work in the off season to get some much better playing systems in place and again in the tackling department

Eagle of Doom? Merchant of London? It's really not an image I wanted to wake up to guys 🤮
images.jpeg

Has potential i think.

Meagle of Loom.

Yeah defence or lack of some serious or intense level over the 80 is a real problem . Really just have to be turning up for each other irrespective of the make up of the game day side . just don "t seem to have [ or did have ] the right mix in the pack to sustain a high level or high energy defence for the entirety of a match . Think that this Tuilagi is more mobile then some may think and he really has to be to take over Davey "s role . If Jake would move to prop , just not a automatic 13 replacement if Schuster can make a go of the 6 role . Alioia and Paseka and Oloka - atu , not really that inspiring with the rest , Bullemor with some still undoubted potential , Tuitavake and Sykes good chance as well . No current backs to make a suitable forward conversion . Parker would be the closest . A lot of work in the off season to get some much better playing systems in place and again in the tackling department
A long (and wet) summer ahead. I'm assuming there'll be a few players picked for the World Cup and so I do worry about how disruptive that will also be in trying to get the team working together. Just have to hope we don't get any injuries.

A long (and wet) summer ahead. I'm assuming there'll be a few players picked for the World Cup and so I do worry about how disruptive that will also be in trying to get the team working together. Just have to hope we don't get any injuries.
Maybe some of the rep players { Manly ] will be able to take a leaf out of some of the better and more defensively aggressive teams rep players . Would have to be one of the worst teams or poorest records in allowing off loads [ well seemed that way ] Usually a sign of a lack of intent and determination in the tackling and technique department .

Yep, you're probably right but I'm trying to stay optimistic. By the way, I tried a bottle of the Jacob's Creek Double Barrel Cab Sav with dinner last night - the one that you suggested a while back - 👍Now if we can just get Dessie to age like a good red, our footy might become more palatable.
It’s good for the $$$$ isn’t it , drinks more like a much more expensive one.

Optimism is good.

Last edited:
You will no doubt deny it but you were one of the very few Tbaz fanboys and for whatever reason stats and facts don't apply when you post sometimes.

Having taught mathematics, I understand only too well the complete uselessness of statistics, without comprehensive explanatory notes, written by someone that actually knows what they are talking about ... 91% of all "stats" quoted on here are not stats .. just interesting facts .... and of the 9% that are stats ... 100% are misunderstood or misinterpreted ... yeah, so I'll leave the stats to you.

And yes, I was a baz fanboy ... but after 3 years .. he had his chance ...

was also a Dessie fanboy ... but after 4 years and mayhem ... he has also had his chance ..

I think you left off the 're' when you typed signed. Yes he resigned many players that were already in our system.

Can you possibly explain to me the substantive difference that distinction makes. ?

Having taught mathematics, I understand only too well the complete uselessness of statistics, without comprehensive explanatory notes, written by someone that actually knows what they are talking about ... 91% of all "stats" quoted on here are not stats .. just interesting facts .... and of the 9% that are stats ... 100% are misunderstood or misinterpreted ... yeah, so I'll leave the stats to you.

And yes, I was a baz fanboy ... but after 3 years .. he had his chance ...

was also a Dessie fanboy ... but after 4 years and mayhem ... he has also had his chance ..

Can you possibly explain to me the substantive difference that distinction makes. ?
Ah Woodsie you were a teacher , that explains your eloquent use of words on here.

Whilst I ended up having a very successful business and did reasonably well for myself , boy didn’t I squander my schooling.

I was far more interested in football and the girls , more so the girls.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6