Sam Burgess late hit on cherry

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I wonder if they'll go with the Phil Gould defense of "he was just bracing for a split second impact"???

The video replay shows that he lined Cherry up from about 5 metres away. He was so intent on it that he failed to do his job as a defender because had he been watching the ball he might have been in a position to tackle Jake and possibly stop a try.

And some people wanted this PoS at Manly???

This is the most blatant shoulder charge this year.
1) Chez is completely blindsided as he expects a pass from his right side
2) Shoulder connects with head

Chez is lucky that his jaw wasn't shattered :mad:

Well said @HappilyManly and the images you provided above are pretty damning in my view :mad: Its hard to see how the MRC can ignore the hit but they'll no doubt find a way.
Not just his jaw, its lucky and a wonder Chez's shoulder/collarbone and/or ribs weren't smashed @:mad:

Well he is a prat BUT he would be a good buy when off contract. He is playing like a cranky old man and needs a change of environment , get out of the eastern suburbs Sam come over to gods country and reboot your career.

Sam got his just deserts
We hit him and his entire disgraced team with 46 points

image.jpg

Well he is a prat BUT he would be a good buy when off contract. He is playing like a cranky old man and needs a change of environment , get out of the eastern suburbs Sam come over to gods country and reboot your career.
Its off topic but reading this about Burgess needing a change of environment reminded me of something. Last night at my local watching the game and a clearly frustrated Burgess drops the ball right near the try-line - a guy in the crowd yells out "its time for you to go back to Pommyland, Sammy!" It cracked me up :giggle:

Its off topic but reading this about Burgess needing a change of environment reminded me of something. Last night at my local watching the game and a clearly frustrated Burgess drops the ball right near the try-line - a guy in the crowd yells out "its time for you to go back to Pommyland, Sammy!" It cracked me up :giggle:

Can you do that again and make it sound like a bloke with no teeth

untitled.png

If Jim Comans was still alive and in charge of the judiciary, Burgess would be sitting out the rest of this year and part of next year as well.

Not impressed at all.

That was definitely a shoulder charge and should have been cited 100%, (with a one week suspension at the very least.)

It beggars belief how golden vermin boy gets away with this, IMO it was far worse than what Kapow or AFB were penalised for. This just makes me so angry, it is blatant favouritism and one rule for some highlighted yet again by the NRL.

It was deliberate and late. If we didn't score it deserved a penalty, but I wouldn't be want to see a player suspended for that, even though many have been suspended for less.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8